3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
spaceman
February 14, 2023, 6:37pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +30
Gold Stars: 2
Hello there,

Saints fan here. I live within a stone's throw of St Mary's stadium in a nice little close with allocated parking.

If anyone needs a space for 24 hours or whatever you're more than welcome to use mine for nothing. It's located in St Matthews Close just off Brintons Rd.

The area around St Mary's is quite rough but St Matthews Close is fine.

If you need any advice about Southampton in general, I'm your man. I'm originally from Devon but have lived here for 23 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Theimperialcoroner
February 14, 2023, 6:48pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from spaceman
Hello there,

Saints fan here. I live within a stone's throw of St Mary's stadium in a nice little close with allocated parking.

If anyone needs a space for 24 hours or whatever you're more than welcome to use mine for nothing. It's located in St Matthews Close just off Brintons Rd.

If you need any advice about Southampton in general, I'm your man. I'm originally dr Decon but  have lived here for 23 years.

Nice one. I’ll leave it for someone with more need than me but too gesture.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 24
mimma
February 14, 2023, 6:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 78
Thanks for the info.

What's it like around the stadium pub wise. Town fans like to have a few beers before the game. Looking on Google earth there doesn't seem to be much around the ground for away fans.

I went to the last cup tie at the old Dell in 1978. St. Marys has got to be an improvement on that!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
midlandsmariner
February 14, 2023, 6:54pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +32
Hi,  I'm driving down from the midlands with my 2 sons and a couple of friends and heading back after the match but I'd be grateful for a parking spot if still available
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
immariner
February 14, 2023, 7:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from mimma
Thanks for the info.

What's it like around the stadium pub wise. Town fans like to have a few beers before the game. Looking on Google earth there doesn't seem to be much around the ground for away fans.

I went to the last cup tie at the old Dell in 1978. St. Marys has got to be an improvement on that!

St Denys for pubs I reckon. The train stop i'm getting off at and 3 pubs within a few hundred yards of the station. One of which, the Junction Inn, the landlord has been on social media saying Town fans welcome. 15 minutes walk to the ground
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
The Caterham Mariner
February 14, 2023, 7:09pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +103
Gold Stars: 8
As i am staying the night at the Premier Inn in CIty centre  that  has a carpark attached
Which is 15.mins walk away from the ground  if thst gives you an option ?

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 14, 2023, 7:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from spaceman
Hello there,

If you need any advice about Southampton in general, I'm your man. I'm originally from Devon but have lived here for 23 years.

I’m staying at the Airport Premier Inn, Southampton so assuming I will still have to drive in closer to the ground so any parking advice would be much appreciated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
spaceman
February 14, 2023, 7:16pm
Coke Drinker
For pubs around the stadium it's well, absolutely shite..

Pop up to Guildhall Square, London Rd and Bedford/Carlton Place.

Sadly Carlton Place resembles a building site at the moment as it's being pedestrianised and work wont' be finished until 2 April but it's still worth visiting.

Depends what you want I guess. Southampton is good for real ale (Hampshire has the most breweries per head of population in the whole world apparently) and can recommend lots of good real ale pubs to you but the city centre is a bit crap for genuine local pubs.

Area for drinking tend to be

Bedford/Carlton Place and London Rd

Guildhall Square and Above Bar street

Oxford Street (expensive)

Ocean Village and Canute Rd (expensive too)

High Street and Old Town, particularly Bugle Street.

Bevois Valley and St Deny's (maybe Portswood and also Bitterne Park if you fancy a Riverside walk with real ale before the game)

Shirley (welcome to the mutant mile, loads of local pubs, easy regular bus link to city centre). Will probably remind you of parts of London.

I'd avoid Northam although there's a couple of bars in Shamrock Quay and a taproom.

The stadium is about a 10 min walk from Ocean Village too. With a pub called the Chapel Arms along the way..there's a spoons in Ocean Village but it's set to close, will see if it's still open.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
immariner
February 14, 2023, 7:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

I’m staying at the Airport Premier Inn, Southampton so assuming I will still have to drive in closer to the ground so any parking advice would be much appreciated.

Train from the Parkway to St Denys. Takes 10 minutes and then a 15 minute walk to the ground. They run back until 11.30ish and it's a couple of minutes from the station to Premier Inn
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
spaceman
February 14, 2023, 7:19pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

You should be alright. There's a regular bus service called the Unilink U1 to the airport, single is £2, not sure how late it runs.

Plus you:vd got Southampton Airport Parkway station nextdoor.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Parking in Southampton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.