This thread currently has 9,963 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
poomehellt
February 11, 2023, 11:10pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: +44
I've always been a bit surprised at there isn't a bit more traffic control along Grimsby road/imp ave at final whistle. No comments about what happened today but there often seems to be veichels trying to enter mcdonalds with drivers surprised to see crowds of people exiting towards them at 4.50pm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 59
Heisenberg
February 11, 2023, 11:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,115
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from poomehellt
I've always been a bit surprised at there isn't a bit more traffic control along Grimsby road/imp ave at final whistle. No comments about what happened today but there often seems to be veichels trying to enter mcdonalds with drivers surprised to see crowds of people exiting towards them at 4.50pm

Absolutely, this bit about people going to McDonald’s always annoys me. Some of them look at the crowds like they’ve never seen it before!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 59
GYinScuntland
February 12, 2023, 12:15am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Heisenberg

Absolutely, this bit about people going to McDonald’s always annoys me. Some of them look at the crowds like they’ve never seen it before!

I get where you're coming from but to be fair they probably haven't.
They could be visiting with no idea of what's going on or indeed local with no interest in football and no idea of when games are on.
We all know, but many thousands don't.
The population of Gy and Meggies is probably 90 thousand  and it's around 150 thousand for North East Lincs.
We get 6 thousand at games so are we to assume the other 144 thousand know not to bother going to Maccy Dees at so and so time on so and so day?
Of course this doesn't excuse what has happened after the Colchester game.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 59
LH
February 12, 2023, 12:34am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
Take the thought of it out for them and close the road then - simple.

Better still put those display screens they put up warning of Armed Forces day, the scooter weekend, Clee pride etc etc up at Ramsdens crossroads and Isaacs Hill to warn people of crowds ahead. There’s been no change for the benefit of public safety in the near 30yrs I’ve been going but there are far more cars on the road.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 59
lukeo
February 12, 2023, 5:15am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,418
Gold Stars: 149
McDonald's should always have accessibility otherwise they're losing income and will look for compensation from GTFC. But definitely cone off the road past McDonald's, even if its just for 15-20mins towards full time / at full time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 59
grimps
February 12, 2023, 6:44am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,172
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from lukeo
McDonald's should always have accessibility otherwise they're losing income and will look for compensation from GTFC. But definitely cone off the road past McDonald's, even if its just for 15-20mins towards full time / at full time.

GTFC was there for 100 years before McDonalds was , they should have thought of that before building it outside a football ground
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 59
Sandford1981
February 12, 2023, 7:40am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Im sure McDonalds make a lot more off the crowds than what they would lose by having the road shut for 4/5 hours every other Saturday.
For people that desperate for a maccies while the game is on, there are 2 in either direction not ten minutes drive from BP plus the one in town.
Personal responsibility is always with idiots but we must limit their opportunities to be so. Shut the roads.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 59
GrimRob
February 12, 2023, 8:48am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,462
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from grimps

GTFC was there for 100 years before McDonalds was , they should have thought of that before building it outside a football ground

The horse has bolted though and it's there. Only the council to blame.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 59
NorthseaMariner
February 12, 2023, 9:00am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
There’s the same problem going on at every ground in the country. Drivers just have to be careful and patient
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 59
Davec
February 12, 2023, 9:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I notice the police are describing it as a "medical episode" from what I saw yesterday it did not look like a medical episode and be seemed to be in control in my view, I have today sent a message to Humberside police leaving my contact details if they wish to contact me about what I saw, doubt they will though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scenes outside the Ponny at FT

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.