Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Turn Arounds!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 286 Guests

Turn Arounds!

This thread currently has 1,987 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 10, 2023, 1:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,319
Gold Stars: 309
To a lesser extent Ben Futcher.

First season with us he looked like Bambi on ice. Second season he was as solid as a rock.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
Poojah
February 10, 2023, 1:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,878
Gold Stars: 1,523
To a lesser extent Ben Futcher.

First season with us he looked like Bambi on ice. Second season he was as solid as a rock.

Are you sure you’re thinking of Ben Futcher? We signed him in the 2006 January window as we failed to win promotion, then sold him to Peterborough in October that same year after making just 4 league appearances the following season.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 10, 2023, 1:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,319
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from Poojah

Are you sure you’re thinking of Ben Futcher? We signed him in the 2006 January window as we failed to win promotion, then sold him to Peterborough in October that same year after making just 4 league appearances the following season.

I may have (in my head) elongated his period with us. He was sh*t in his first season but I didn't realise he left so quickly in his second. It's a fair shout, Ben Futcher can be discounted.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
BenBB
February 10, 2023, 5:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +842
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from thefish
Recently, I have been musing about Luke Waterfall- do I need to get out more?

Anyway, before last season, I took my son to the pre-season open day. On the day, he had several photographs with various players: Clifton, Fox… Revan 🤔. However, even though he was stood close to us, I just couldn’t bring myself to call Waterfall over due to the season he, and us, had just had.

Now, if I was at the same event, he would possibly be the first person I’d call over due to his work rate, commitment and… improvement in form!

This got me thinking, has there been any other huge turn arounds in form that we can think of in our history? Rob Jones, perhaps?

While you consider this, I shall go back to musing over Luke!

I remember during the closed Holloway season when Luke had more than a few disasters getting verbally excited when he wasn't on the team-sheet/starting line-up.

Now I'm disappointed when he isn't. Such a turn around. He's a beast, great work-ethic and a great leader to boot! Earnt the captain's armband hands down. Instrumental to our promotion play-off campaign. Sums it up when during the last game against Luton JT/Crofty commented after we scored the 2nd/3rd goal that Waterfall was telling the team to calm down and get back to the game in hand to not let our guard down.

Lesson learnt there to stick by your players + staff even during the worst of times.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Turn Arounds!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.