WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 10, 2023, 12:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,023
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from PB

He was asked who he would like to win tonight and said ‘The Mariners of course, that’s who I play for!’

Attachment: 8294354f950b4a13a681046f3743f9e7_526.jpeg
Size: 25.46 KB

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
Mayaman
February 10, 2023, 3:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
And, we've got him for the Southampton game.  He thrives on the big occasion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
Mighty_Mariner
February 11, 2023, 3:33am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,244
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from DaleH
He gave a smashing interview in McMenemy's on Tuesday night.

Was he asked who he was rooting for? 😂

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
BIron
February 11, 2023, 9:11am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: -98
Gold Stars: 2
A talented player no doubt about that but a terrible attitude when things don’t go his way, completely downed tools when he played for us.  Some of the comments he came out with when we got relegated was a disgrace.  It must  have gone down a treat with you lot but we will never forget that in this town.

He actually used to live across the road from me in Scunny and actually came across an alright bloke at the time.  our loss was definitely your gain talent wise, especially last season. Interesting how I’ve seen a fair few on Twitter saying how you play better without him this season though, what’s happened?

Can see him staying with you again on loan, don’t think he’s cut out for Luton yet. Then again Hayden Hackney was awful for us and is now starting for Middlesbrough every week in the Championship.

UTI
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
lew chaterleys lover
February 11, 2023, 9:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,774
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from BIron
A talented player no doubt about that but a terrible attitude when things don’t go his way, completely downed tools when he played for us.  Some of the comments he came out with when we got relegated was a disgrace.  It must  have gone down a treat with you lot but we will never forget that in this town.

He actually used to live across the road from me in Scunny and actually came across an alright bloke at the time.  our loss was definitely your gain talent wise, especially last season. Interesting how I’ve seen a fair few on Twitter saying how you play better without him this season though, what’s happened?

Can see him staying with you again on loan, don’t think he’s cut out for Luton yet. Then again Hayden Hackney was awful for us and is now starting for Middlesbrough every week in the Championship.

UTI

We've all seen examples of players being flops at one club then excelling at another.  The lad has got fantastic natural talent though that is for sure, and he is still a young chap.

Not quite hit the heights this season which is understandable given the transfer and his stop start with injury.

Best player we have had for quite a while and I still think Luton had our pants down when you consider some fees that are bandied about.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
fishboyUTM
February 11, 2023, 9:30am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from PB

He was asked who he would like to win tonight and said ‘The Mariners of course, that’s who I play for!’

Wonder what he'd have said if Luton fans asked him the same question  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
fishboyUTM
February 11, 2023, 9:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from BIron

UTI

He's 23 so needs to step up now IMO. No more time for loans. He's a very talented player and can do things you shouldn't be doing in League Two. He'll be playing with better players on a different wavelength which will help.

Get the impression he needs to be well managed to get the best out of him and I think Paul Hurst can do that. But he isn't going to be the best player at Luton, he probably isn't going to be starting games so a lot of his development will depend on his own attitude.

Good luck to him, been brilliant for us. He's only gone to a slightly bigger club IMO, albeit two divisions higher and on fire in the championship so I can understand it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
Poojah
February 11, 2023, 9:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,876
Gold Stars: 1,523
Quoted from BIron

UTI

A very accurate assessment. Here’s him downing tools after we went behind at Wrexham in the play-offs, and again against Solihull in the final.

https://youtu.be/dYAb_hdcybU
https://youtu.be/ViO_1LeEmB0

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2023, 10:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from BIron

UTI

Salty

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
rancido
February 11, 2023, 10:26am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,658
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from BIron

UTI

I agree that when things aren't going too well on the pitch he can appear to 'draw back into his shell' for a few minutes but he does pull himself out of it.
Whether he can flourish for Luton at Championship level remains to be seen but he has done the bizz for us and we got fairly decent money for him as well and that's all that bothers me.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John McAtee

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.