Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How Southampton see it
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 294 Guests

How Southampton see it

This thread currently has 1,869 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
February 9, 2023, 5:13pm
Guest User
The combination of my COPD and Chiang Mai's annual air pollution bonanza means I have time to snoop around...

On 08/02/2023 at 04:41, Saint In Cornwall said:
    Grimsby win!
    Hopefully that means home fans in the Northam like me won't get moved......

>>Think you'll be fine, can't see them bringing more than 3000 midweek fair trek that.
>>Home to 16th in league Two in 5th round of the cup, can't complain with that draw.  
..................................................................................................................................

On 08/02/2023 at 04:44, Pamplemousse said:
    This is like a cup final for them. Wouldn't be surprised if they took a load of fans with them.

>>We played Grimsby in 1978? and drew at home and away with a 2nd replay at Filbert Street, Leicester.
>>A car load of us were amongst a hardy band of Saints fans vastly outnumbered by members of the 'Cod Army'
>>We won, thanks to a brace by Phil Boyer, but the Grimsby fans were very enthusiastic and I reckon there will be a decent turnout from them at St Marys
..................................................................................................................................

Tickets go om sale tomorrow for this adult tickets are £15 .
    Surprisingly Grimsby have taken the whole end - fantastic support if they can sell 5000 on a Wednesday night on national tv.
    Fair play to them.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/matches/2022-23/fa-cup/saints-vs-grimsby-2023-03-01/ticket-info

>>Huge respect to Grimsby if they managed to bring that on a Wednesday, big game for them getting to 5th round they must be a bit gutted to be playing us.
>>They'll bring their blow up fish with them as well  

Huge respect to Grimsby if they managed to bring that on a Wednesday, big game for them getting to 5th round they must
    be a bit gutted to be playing us.
    They'll bring their blow up fish with them as well

>>Just been looking in one of their forums - they will bring quite a few so definitely hats off.

Just been looking in one of their forums - they will bring quite a few so definitely hats off.

>>I like their outlook on life...checking passports are valid just in case they are needed for a Europa league tour
>>https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1675812778/s-10/

Hi, Grimsby fan in peace, Really wanted to draw you away as one of 2 teams I’ve never seen the Mariners play(along with Manchester United).The draw has gone down as a bit a mixed bag back home but that’s due to the fact many fans won’t be able to travel the distance on a Wednesday night due to work commitments and school etc, without a doubt if it was a Saturday we would of sold out easily. Hard to say how many will travel, I would guess at around 3k but nothing would surprise me with our fans. We took over 5k to Chelsea on a Tuesday night and 5.5k to palace in 2019 and we often take 1k to London games as we have quite a large southern fan base. Yeah we do have a bit of a reputation but I think that’s a bit unfair and based on events some time ago, our fans are good humoured , friendly and like a good drink. I’m too young to remember Lawrie mcmenemy who was a hero round these parts but remember you signing Gordon Hobson off us which really upset me, we also had your goalkeeper tommy forecast on loan and to this day he is regarded as the worst player to ever play for us. Anyway coming down on the train and looking forward to a good drink and a good day. All the best

Confidence levels are low ===>
>>You have a good chance of seeing your other missing team , Man Utd, in the next round . I fully expect them to beat West Ham.

We might win that one.

>>You mean the team that have just whacked the best pound-for-pound club in Europe 3-0?

>>BTW putting it on a Wednesday night just shits on their fans doesn't it? - as it does for many fans given the draw. They will still bring 2500-3000 I would think, but this is yet another glowing example of the deep love and respect for fans held by the football authorities.

>>I have a soft spot for the Mariners as my first 'proper' job after Uni was in Grimsby and was working there for three years and watched them regularly as lived only 15 minutes walk from the ground.
chaos33
February 9, 2023, 5:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Some really respectful comments there

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
HertsGTFC
February 9, 2023, 5:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from chaos33
Some really respectful comments there

Apart from we are not the Cod Army!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
Willesden Mariner
February 9, 2023, 5:53pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +14
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Paul Ross kept going on about the Cod Army on TalkSport on Wednesday morning's overnight show - and he wasn't talking about Fleetwood.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
WOZOFGRIMSBY
February 9, 2023, 6:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,023
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Willesden Mariner

Paul Ross kept going on about the Cod Army on TalkSport on Wednesday morning's overnight show - and he wasn't talking about Fleetwood.

Heard that too!

Btw, where in Willesden do you live? I used to live just behind the old Guinness factory in Park Royal. Half way between Hanger Lane tube and the cafe where they used to film the apprentice! Just off twyford abbey rd

(And no, didn’t go to spearmint rhino’s 😉 )

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
toontown
February 9, 2023, 7:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Cod!?!?

It's the haddock army if anything!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
Willesden Mariner
February 9, 2023, 9:19pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +14
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Heard that too!

Btw, where in Willesden do you live? I used to live just behind the old Guinness factory in Park Royal. Half way between Hanger Lane tube and the cafe where they used to film the apprentice! Just off twyford abbey rd

(And no, didn’t go to spearmint rhino’s 😉 )

Near Willesden Green tube station. Perfect for our next Wembley match!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
February 10, 2023, 8:20am
Guest User
Quoted from toontown
Cod!?!?

It's the haddock army if anything!

'Haddock Horde', perhaps?
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › How Southampton see it

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.