2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
IrishMariner
February 8, 2023, 12:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +613
Gold Stars: 19
This day last year I travelled over to see a horrible 0-0 draw against King’s Lynn, what a difference even 12 months can make!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
acko338
February 8, 2023, 1:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,212
Gold Stars: 33
Just because no one guessed the right names for new signings - more rabbits from the ever bottomless hat, Mr Hurst ???

They could all prove good minus any huge price tags !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
horsforthmariner
February 8, 2023, 2:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,638
Gold Stars: 9
The thing its never been a crisis this season. Even after the Swindon pounding we will still about the same difference off the play offs than the relegation zone.

Let's just enjoy this - we deserve it after the years of torment. The club is heading in the right direction and this cup run is a real bonus.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
Mariner_09
February 8, 2023, 2:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from DB

Didn't he say about 2 weeks ago 'you'll have to trust me' or similar words? Last night he proved his point and I still think we are in with a chance of promotion through the playoffs, again.

Some of us never stopped trusting him and when there's another rough patch, we will remain trusting throughout again. He's actually a fantastic manager, with one or two minor limitations.

An example of the daft narrative that surrounds him was that debate about whether he can motivate players yesterday, or was it Monday, then look at how fit, energetic and determined we were last night. He fills the lads with belief, develops players he has (look at how much better Harry is than when he came back) and signs very good players for whatever level he's at.

People may think I'm over the top but we really need to be grateful for what we've got with Hursty, just look at the mess in between his stints. Genuinely think he'll be here a long time now, can't be many managers more secure in their roles. At the start of the season I'd have said Klopp and Pep, don't think that's true anymore.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
Mikey_345
February 8, 2023, 2:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,576
Gold Stars: 113
What a difference 2 weeks makes. Vital to carry this on in the league though - an important month or so, some good form could make things quite interesting heading into the back end of the season...

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
Mariner_09
February 8, 2023, 2:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Mikey_345
What a difference 2 weeks makes. Vital to carry this on in the league though - an important month or so, some good form could make things quite interesting heading into the back end of the season...

If we'd not chucked away those two easy wins at Hartlepool and Harrogate, I'd be saying we can make the playoffs.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
Mikey_345
February 8, 2023, 2:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,576
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Mariner_09

If we'd not chucked away those two easy wins at Hartlepool and Harrogate, I'd be saying we can make the playoffs.

True, but we can do that for any season ever. Always going to be games you win, which you shouldn't and games you lose, which you shouldn't. It's about minimizing the latter and hopefully we can do that now.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who’d have thought

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.