February 1, 2023, 2:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +385
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
Tried to book online.

The system said 11 minutes wait. I followed the counter down and when it went to zero, it immediately reset to 60 minutes queue. 😡

Exactly the same for me!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 133
Croxton
February 1, 2023, 2:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,019
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
I eventually went to the ground and walked straight up to the counter and bought my ticket. Gawd knows what’s going on with the website though.

Just went online for a Luton ticket and had a five minute countdown. At the last second, it changed to a 59 minute queue!  Will try again tonight. I trust my STH seat will still be available.

Meanwhile, phone in ticket office sounds like an ambulance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 133
Spidey
February 1, 2023, 2:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +385
Gold Stars: 4
I'm sure when I got tickets for the Notts Forest game by being a season ticket holder I didn't show my season ticket, I just gave my name and seat number.
So could my wife pick a ticket up for me without showing my season ticket, whilst she's out?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 133
NorthseaMariner
February 1, 2023, 3:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Spidey
I'm sure when I got tickets for the Notts Forest game by being a season ticket holder I didn't show my season ticket, I just gave my name and seat number.
So could my wife pick a ticket up for me without showing my season ticket, whilst she's out?

I would think so. I just told them my seat number, he asked my name and sold me the ticket.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 133
HerveJosse
February 1, 2023, 3:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,207
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Spidey

Yes just been in and others in queue just quoting a seat number and getting it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 133
February 1, 2023, 3:20pm
Guest User
Quoted from Croxton

Just went online for a Luton ticket and had a five minute countdown. At the last second, it changed to a 59 minute queue!  Will try again tonight. I trust my STH seat will still be available.

Meanwhile, phone in ticket office sounds like an ambulance.

I had the same myself. Absolutely risible. It shouldn't be this difficult to buy a ticket.

Some may say why rush to buy if you are a ST holder but I don't have any faith that this will improve in the next day or so or that ST reservations are nailed down.

Reply: 35 - 133
Rick12
February 1, 2023, 3:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Croxton
I'm trying to phone the ticket office to arrange collection of my Crewe ticket by gtfc-chris but there is a continuous 'sorry but an error has occurred' message' .

Probably snowed under with demand. This happened to me before when I was going to get a ticket via the telephone for a league game last year.  As a cup game was near the date I couldn't get through . Later turns out reading from the club that demand was great for the Grimsby cup  game . Best to go down if you can and get a ticket from the club shop if the problem still occurs.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 133
GrimRob
February 1, 2023, 3:46pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,460
Gold Stars: 115
It can take longer to get a ticket than it does to watch the match.

Both events can go to extra time and penalties.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 133
Croxton
February 1, 2023, 3:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,019
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Rick12
Probably snowed under with demand. This happened to me before when I was going to get a ticket via the telephone for a league game last year.  As a cup game was near the date I couldn't get through . Later turns out reading from the club that demand was great for the Grimsby cup  game . Best to go down if you can and get a ticket from the club shop if the problem still occurs.

Wish it was that simple!

1. I live in Sheffield
2. gtfc-chris is picking up my Crewe ticket if The office will allow.
3. Office phone still has an error message five and a half hours after Exiles et al were allowed access at 10.00a.m.
4. They said the outside queue would be served first. BUT...
5. Posters have since said they did not have a queue.
6. Yes, there is high online demand once again so I expected a countdown for my Luton ticket. Not Groundhog Day.
7. I'm a lucky retired boomer but for lots of workers this is somewhat taxing.

Not moaning, they are all nice people but they need help.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 133
MrsMariner
February 1, 2023, 4:12pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +449
Gold Stars: 1
I'm on line trying to add Luton tickets to my season ticket, I have 2 tickets in my basket but can't pay for them as I get a message saying
"You can only associate one ticket against a membership card. Therefore, you cannot have your tickets linked to your membership card. To purchase your related contacts' tickets under their membership card, only their reserved seat should be in the basket."
Does any one think this means if I buy them one at a time it will work, both seats are linked to my account and I'm sure I bought them both at the same time for the Forest match. Don't want to get one bought and then can't buy the other one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 133
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Luton tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.