Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hi all , it's been a while..
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 290 Guests

Hi all , it's been a while..

This thread currently has 3,367 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
January 31, 2023, 2:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Hi all bloody hell this feels weird writing on here again ..

Anyway some might be bothered others not but I'm gonna tell you all Anyway hahah..

Some of you might remember I  lost little sister a short while back unexpectedly which in all honesty still today ive not dealt with or accepted in all honesty.

I then got covid bad which seemed like i was meant to not be here anymore it really really affected me infact so bad I tried to take my own life, I saw no other way tbh , i obviously wasn't successful but I was In a real dark spot. Infact so low it seemed the only way to end the pain of everything.

I'm getting better but I just wanted to drop in and say to anyine struggling with mental health or bereavement don't give up because that's the easy way ,  Seek help and family. Speaking to someone is the key.

Anyways I hope everyone is well and we sign a bl00dy striker today . Anyway off for a hotdog hahah (some will catch on )

Take care and be back soon x

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
crusty ole pie
January 31, 2023, 2:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,382
Gold Stars: 66
Look after yourself johnny
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
Hagrid
January 31, 2023, 2:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Glad to hear your on the Mend Jonny, Mental health is still a topic that there is a taboo about, no shame in talking about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
Grimal
January 31, 2023, 2:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Anyway some might be bothered others not but I'm gonna tell you all Anyway hahah..

Some of you might remember I  lost little sister a short while back unexpectedly which in all honesty still today ive not dealt with or accepted in all honesty.

I then got covid bad which seemed like i was meant to not be here anymore it really really affected me infact so bad I tried to take my own life, I saw no other way tbh , i obviously wasn't successful but I was In a real dark spot. Infact so low it seemed the only way to end the pain of everything.

I'm getting better but I just wanted to drop in and say to anyine struggling with mental health or bereavement don't give up because that's the easy way ,  Seek help and family. Speaking to someone is the key.

Anyways I hope everyone is well and we sign a bl00dy striker today . Anyway off for a hotdog hahah (some will catch on )

Good to see you back Jonnyboy, keep your chin up mate.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
DB
January 31, 2023, 2:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Keep up the good work on your health. It takes a hell of a lot to put in your post what you did. I hope this helps others who tend to clam up about mental health. Please open up with your problem, family, doctor or even send a PM.

It's good to talk.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 35
ex-merseymariner
January 31, 2023, 2:36pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,403
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Welcome back!  
Much respect for your openness, honesty about a difficult number of subjects, and also for the humour of the hotdog reference.....   
Its good to talk and there are increasing number of ways to do it,   andysmanclub.co.uk  or samaritans.org to name just 2.

All Town Are We!

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
toontown
January 31, 2023, 2:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Good to hear from you again johnnyboy. Stick around
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
1mickylyons
January 31, 2023, 2:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Keep battling fella.UTM and double mustard on the hotdogs 🌭
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
Brazilnut
January 31, 2023, 2:43pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +979
Gold Stars: 30
Yay   welcome back Jonnyboy ......hope you keep looking after yourself .....many on here are willing to help if you need to talk

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
grimsby pete
January 31, 2023, 2:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Great to have you back mate.

Remember we are all here to talk and help you.

Well 99% of us you always find the odd buffoon spouting rubbish.    

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hi all , it's been a while..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.