1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
gtfc_chris
January 27, 2023, 9:58am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,519
Gold Stars: 118
I'm wondering if any of our southern based Mariner fans here might be able to give me a little bit of specific info?

I've just noticed we have Gillingham away on a Tuesday night, and I'm going to be in Aylesbury for a few days then. I've had a little look and it tells me I'm 1.5 hours away, so I'm thinking I might drive over. The only thing that worries me is M25 traffic. The specific part is from Junction 20 (near Watford) all the way around on the Southbound(?) to Dartford, how much additional time am I likely to need to factor in for traffic?

I'll probably not be able to set off until 5pm, so my guess is I'll be on there at 5.30ish, slap bang in the middle of rush hour. I've got an additional hour in my head, making it 2.5 hours for the journey but I'd rather try and get as good a picture as I can before I make a wasted journey.
Logged Offline
Private Message
stevethefish
January 27, 2023, 10:17am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +788
Gold Stars: 86
1 hour contingency sounds sensible Chris in normal circumstances,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
Les Brechin
January 27, 2023, 10:36am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from gtfc_chris
I'm wondering if any of our southern based Mariner fans here might be able to give me a little bit of specific info?

I've just noticed we have Gillingham away on a Tuesday night, and I'm going to be in Aylesbury for a few days then. I've had a little look and it tells me I'm 1.5 hours away, so I'm thinking I might drive over. The only thing that worries me is M25 traffic. The specific part is from Junction 20 (near Watford) all the way around on the Southbound(?) to Dartford, how much additional time am I likely to need to factor in for traffic?

I'll probably not be able to set off until 5pm, so my guess is I'll be on there at 5.30ish, slap bang in the middle of rush hour. I've got an additional hour in my head, making it 2.5 hours for the journey but I'd rather try and get as good a picture as I can before I make a wasted journey.

And don't forget the Dartford Crossing in no cash now, you need to pay online either in advance or before midnight the day after.

https://www.gov.uk/pay-dartford-crossing-charge

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
louth_in_the_south
January 27, 2023, 11:20am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,712
Gold Stars: 96
The worst of the 25 at that time of night is j16 to j10 which will be stop start the whole way . Probably easier to go down the m26 at j5 and then cut across the A228 or A229 to gillingham missing out the chances of getting stuck around the dartford area which can be a nightmare that time of evening.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
gtfc_chris
January 27, 2023, 11:37am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,519
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
The worst of the 25 at that time of night is j16 to j10 which will be stop start the whole way . Probably easier to go down the m26 at j5 and then cut across the A228 or A229 to gillingham missing out the chances of getting stuck around the dartford area which can be a nightmare that time of evening.

I have a feeling I've described this the wrong way! Perhaps I should have said clockwise, as opposed to Southbound. Google Maps takes me north of London and then brings me south, rather than southbound at the point of joining the M25 and coming back north towards Gillingham.

This is why I needed to ask, I can't even explain the planning right!

Appreciate the responses so far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › London / Southern Mariners

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.