1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
GrimRob
January 25, 2023, 10:26pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,454
Gold Stars: 115
I got this message from DAVID SUTHERAN:

Could you please post the following message on your board? I am writing a history of Hartlepool United Intermediates 1977 to 1986 & have drawn a lot of blanks on games played away to Grimsby Town. Does anyone on this forum have anything for Town v Hartlepool for this period? Newspaper clippings/photos/team line ups etc. I intend to publish a book and all contributors will be acknowledged no matter how much is sent. This history is like a smashed vase and am piecing it bit by bit, our local newspaper Hartlepool Mail was taken over by Johnson Press approx. 20 years ago and all admin was moved to Sheffield. As part of the closing our newspaper offices, they hired in skips and sent archives/old papers/negatives & photos to the tip (the full shooting match). Our local reference library has microfilm copies of paper reports for quite a few of the home games but very little on the Grimsby Town away matches. If anyone can help even with bits of info. it would be much appreciated Cheers, - Dave

Please reply if you can help him. I can provide email or mobile if required.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
GrimRob
January 25, 2023, 10:49pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,454
Gold Stars: 115
Dave, have you seen this site?

I don't have an account at the moment but the Grimsby paper is there, and the Hartlepool ones too. No need for microfiche! Although I can't testify to how complete it is.

https://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 2
Mariner_09
January 25, 2023, 10:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
They won, every game. Or at least it seems like that against them!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hartlepool v Grimsby help

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.