Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 272 Guests

Just back...

This thread currently has 6,204 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
January 1, 2023, 5:02pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Change of shape. Clean sheet. 3 points.

Well done to PH and the boys. Played well without playing too well. I hold my hands up today and say I was wrong and PH got it spot on with his line up and tactics today. It won't work every week but he chose the perfect game for it today.
Stockport have so many quality forward players yet none of them had a sniff.
Motm for me is difficult as everyone put in a big shift. I will give a special mention to Efete. A bit like marmite on this forum but felt he played brilliantly today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
bobbyturtle
January 1, 2023, 5:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
A great result from a team performance. well done. utm

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 36
forza ivano
January 1, 2023, 5:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,286
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from lukeo
Change of shape. Clean sheet. 3 points.

Well done to PH and the boys. Played well without playing too well. I hold my hands up today and say I was wrong and PH got it spot on with his line up and tactics today. It won't work every week but he chose the perfect game for it today.
Stockport have so many quality forward players yet none of them had a sniff.
Motm for me is difficult as everyone put in a big shift. I will give a special mention to Efete. A bit like marmite on this forum but felt he played brilliantly today.

Really Luke? I like efete, but thought him n amos were our weakest players. Kept getting caught out wrong side, some poor decisions and inaccurate passing.
IMHO Khan was MOTM  - superb all round game (showed why he's twice the player that JMD is) with Clifton, Holohan and Waterfall only slightly behind
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 36
January 1, 2023, 5:14pm
Guest User
Khan was superb.
Reply: 3 - 36
hampshiremariner
January 1, 2023, 5:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
Big sigh of relief. The lads showed great character after taking a hammering from Salford and throwing three points away at Harrogate. This is a big win and, hopefully, will restore some confidence. Luke W with the assist for the goal and to think some were calling for him to be dropped! No way. He is a mountain of a player and for me is the first name on the team sheet. Well done to all of the team and the manager who clearly went away and spent a lot of time considering his tactics for this match. Also, great to put one over Mr Challinor again!
Brilliant start to 2023. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 36
It Bites
January 1, 2023, 5:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,217
Gold Stars: 266
Well done Players Management and Owners for responding
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 36
Spurn boy
January 1, 2023, 5:20pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 31
Hard working team performance today on a heavy slippery pitch, everyone put in a shift today but our 3 Centre backs played so well against Stockport,s strong forwards. I thought Smith gained confidence and his composure returned as the game went on especially as he was subbed at halftime against Salford. We rode our luck in the 2nd half but 3 points and a clean today was just what everyone needed.UTM

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 36
Hagrid
January 1, 2023, 5:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,518
Gold Stars: 544
Battling dig in 3 points
Waterfall My MOM. Colossus at the back

In fairness thought the back 5 were pretty solid, Khan excellent as he has been for a few weeks now.

A win we all needed, against a decent Stockport side who we seem to be a bogey side for.

Onto the 3rd Round now against a Burton side who lost 5-0 today.

Well done town and Paul Hurst
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 36
Gaffer58
January 1, 2023, 5:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
If you read their forum we were lucky to get away without a 10 to nil hammering today, their excuses, excrement pitch stopped them playing their Barca style football, their whole squad are infected with some bug that prevents you from running,tackling,passing etc, our time wasting from the 3rd minute prevented them from scoring a hatful, the ref was awful, give them that one because he was awful to both teams, and we play an absolutely crap style of football. The only thing they seem to be missing is the dog excrement on the footpaths, but they’ll prude that one next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 36
moosey_club
January 1, 2023, 5:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,318
Gold Stars: 229
Well done PH and the team, great comeback from the last two games.
Kept one of the Leagues best players very quiet,  Madden hardly had a sniff.

Massive win in the current climate. 6 points off Stockport, ta very much.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 36
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.