Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 5th home sell out...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 225 Guests

5th home sell out...

This thread currently has 4,325 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
December 29, 2022, 3:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Let's hope this transfer window pans out better than the last one - if it doesn't, we could be in trouble.

After the last one we only got promoted up by 1 division. Surely you nor not expecting us, with better transfers, being bumped into the Championship! lol.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 40
MuddyWaters
December 29, 2022, 3:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from DB

After the last one we only got promoted up by 1 division. Surely you nor not expecting us, with better transfers, being bumped into the Championship! lol.

I know we didn’t have a long pre-season but it did include a transfer window 🤔⚽️😂
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 40
immariner
December 29, 2022, 4:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The ST release is a joke. The very least they should do is allow free Mariners TV passes to those who give up their seats.

When we've sold above home capacity I can see the argument that season ticket holders whose seats have been resold should receive a small reimbursement or club shop credit. A tenner is dreamland though. I bought a season ticket knowing it's possible I would miss some games, that's the risk I took. Happy for the club I support (and a fellow supporter, it's a decent view) to benefit from what otherwise would be an empty seat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 40
MuddyWaters
December 29, 2022, 4:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from immariner

When we've sold above home capacity I can see the argument that season ticket holders whose seats have been resold should receive a small reimbursement or club shop credit. A tenner is dreamland though. I bought a season ticket knowing it's possible I would miss some games, that's the risk I took. Happy for the club I support (and a fellow supporter, it's a decent view) to benefit from what otherwise would be an empty seat.

I’m not suggesting giving anyone a tenner. If you’ve paid for a season ticket and give up your seat for a genuine reason, you’re giving the club an opportunity to raise extra revenue. A free pass for Mariners TV doesn’t cost the club £10 in terms of actual cost.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 40
immariner
December 29, 2022, 4:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I’m not suggesting giving anyone a tenner. If you’ve paid for a season ticket and give up your seat for a genuine reason, you’re giving the club an opportunity to raise extra revenue. A free pass for Mariners TV doesn’t cost the club £10 in terms of actual cost.

The reason doesn't matter- the club isn't going to differentiate between those not turning up because of illness and those who've barely turned up to a game all season (there's a few near me). If the club gave you a free match pass they'd be saving you a tenner. Not sure what maths you're using
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 40
lukeo
December 29, 2022, 4:49pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
The only viable thing I can see working is if you pass your seat on for them to sell and they do a simar thing like asda rewards.. if your seat sells for £5 you get 50p into your cash pot, if it sells for adult price £20 you get £2 in your cash pot, if it doesn't sell you get nothing... you can spend your cash pot any time at Grimsby Town FC whether you save it up and spend it on Christmas gifts or put it towards renewing a ST etc
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
Hagrid
December 29, 2022, 4:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,523
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from lukeo
The only viable thing I can see working is if you pass your seat on for them to sell and they do a simar thing like asda rewards.. if your seat sells for £5 you get 50p into your cash pot, if it sells for adult price £20 you get £2 in your cash pot, if it doesn't sell you get nothing... you can spend your cash pot any time at Grimsby Town FC whether you save it up and spend it on Christmas gifts or put it towards renewing a ST etc

I like that idea
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 40
LH
December 29, 2022, 5:15pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,601
Gold Stars: 177
Money off next years season ticket is a good idea because it’s incentive to renew and get your cash again next season.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 40
HertsGTFC
December 29, 2022, 5:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from lukeo

I bet we have more people on the turnstiles than Asda do on their checkouts, i begrudge having to scan my only weekly trolly of shopping.

I do like the principle of the idea though 👍

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 40
pen penfras
December 29, 2022, 5:42pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from immariner

The reason doesn't matter- the club isn't going to differentiate between those not turning up because of illness and those who've barely turned up to a game all season (there's a few near me). If the club gave you a free match pass they'd be saving you a tenner. Not sure what maths you're using

Not really, if you have a season ticket, you've paid to watch that match. It costs the club nothing to allow you to stream something they're already streaming and they get the chance to sell that seat on. I think if you give up your seat, it's perfectly reasonable to get a match pass. Right now that can't work because of the blackout for most games, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this implemented during the trial blackout removal if it happens. I'd say you need to give more than 24 hours notice too otherwise the seat is difficult to sell.

To think you've already paid for the premium option and you can't have the budget one as a token of good will for allowing the club to make more money is a bit mean spirited. And the mariners tv season pass was £140 for 49 games (abroad), so it's only a couple of quid using that metric.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 5th home sell out...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.