essexexile
December 26, 2022, 8:22pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +186
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from moosey_club
Back... back now....bloody frustrating hearing Hurst post match saying three defensive mistakes cost us....while also saying they were on top but not really threatening us so he didn't make a change.
Gifting up yards of pitch and having zero ball retention up the other end only leads to concerted pressure...which inevitably leads to mistakes.
A real lack of on ball quality cost us so many opportunities and wasted possession so often.

In game management , by both sides, was a major factor today.

Couldn’t agree more they had a striker who scored twice we couldn’t control the final third so the ball kept coming back they played the whole three thirds which we couldn’t match
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 100
MuddyWaters
December 26, 2022, 8:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ska face

It’s possible to criticise the team and manager for being objectively shít without having to resort to the mental gymnastics required to claim that selling almost 6000 season tickets is, in fact, a bad thing.

No, I think a defeat of that type is objectively excrement and a symptom of the attitude that pervades from the boardroom which seems to be that mid table is ok. From the games I’ve seen, I think we’re good enough (with a good window) of top 10 and maybe the play offs, it seems that the fans want it more than the management.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 100
ska face
December 26, 2022, 8:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
So how is selling almost 6k season tickets a bad thing?
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 100
Maringer
December 26, 2022, 8:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Simon
What has Hunt done to not get a run in the team?

I'd guess he hasn't done enough in training. Hurst wouldn't have spent money on him if he didn't want to play him.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 100
Simon
December 26, 2022, 8:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Maringer

I'd guess he hasn't done enough in training. Hurst wouldn't have spent money on him if he didn't want to play him.

Or is it Hursts style? JMD the best player on the pitch today in the Yeovil game, appreciate he's stepped down a level but i just feel some of our creative players are being shackled somewhat by Hursts negative approach to games

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 100
TownSNAFU5
December 26, 2022, 9:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Hurst made his first (and only) sub on 83 minutes.   In comparison Southgate made his first sub in the 79th minute against France.  This was the latest time for a sub made in any World Cup game in Qatar.

Seems that the 2 managers have another trait in common.  This stubborn trait of making late and or few subs can contribute to losing points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 100
chaos33
December 26, 2022, 9:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
Individual errors were made and that was true for both teams. What cost us at least a point today, in my opinion was game management, and specifically, fatigue management. That shouldn’t be happening. That and a tactics/shape tweak or two. Really frustrating, because they were so open and so suspect at the back and they absolutely over-pass,, so they should have been taken. We finished the game on the losing side with2/3 players absolutely exhausted, and that is what cost us above all else.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 100
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 26, 2022, 9:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,023
Gold Stars: 190
Just reading some of these comments and am lost. Agree about the formation up top (mcatee was isolated and doing the job of 2 players) but, I thought the back 4 looked quite effective after the first 15 minutes. Although, I would’ve introduced glennon after about 60 mins.

We were unlucky not to get a point. It was a bizarre 1:1000000 goal when both sides were heading for a point. But, I will say that a couple of questionable refereeing decisions did dictate the game. The foul on Holohan within the first 10 mins was at the least a yellow but, the foul on Clifton was any other day a straight red (from the tv angle)

The reason to give town only 600 tickets is still a bizarre one when there seemed to be a lot of space in the away end.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 100
MuddyWaters
December 26, 2022, 9:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ska face
So how is selling almost 6k season tickets a bad thing?

Because you’re selling seats at about 70% of face value. STs work out at about £16 per game not £20/£22. Then, when some decide not to go, you end up with empty seats that are already paid for and fewer left to sell - and those that are available tend to be leftovers.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 100
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 26, 2022, 9:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +9,023
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Because you’re selling seats at about 70% of face value. STs work out at about £16 per game not £20/£22. Then, when some decide not to go, you end up with empty seats that are already paid for and fewer left to sell - and those that are available tend to be leftovers.

As opposed to not actually selling the seats?

Damned if you do. Damned if you don’t. What do you do, sell a reduced number of ST’s in the hope the empty seats sell

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.