November 19, 2022, 5:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from 123614

He slipped FFS!

I don't think the slip contributed much to the goal, had Effete stayed on his feet, the ball would have probably still been played to the bloke on the edge of the area who scored, who Smith seems to have left unmarked. Amos could have done more in stopping the bloke get past him likewise Morris in stopping the cross.

So unfair to lay the blame entirely and Effete's feet.

Private Message
Reply: 100 - 118
AndyGTFC
November 19, 2022, 5:14pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Didn't deserve to lose that, least it stops the rot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 118
TAGG
November 19, 2022, 5:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from BenBB
Deserved that equaliser. Efete MOTM for me - was so busy all game, workhorse.

And we go again, UTM!

Lmfho

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 118
hampshiremariner
November 19, 2022, 5:17pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from It Bites
Forget the wonderful work that the owners have done . They have been superb ... But .... Have we really improved on the pitch since the last time we came up ? I honestly don't think we have .

For me, we are in a much better place than under the previous owner. On the pitch we are competing at a higher level but still learning. We have had a bad run but this happened at the same time last year. We had hardly any close season and we started the season with the play off final still in the legs of the players. I am confident that under the new owners and Hurst we will improve. There is only 4 points between 16th position and 9th. Two or three wins on the bounce will see us shoot up a number of places. Two years ago I could see no future but we are getting back on track. It takes time. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 118
It Bites
November 19, 2022, 5:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,217
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from hampshiremariner

For me, we are in a much better place than under the previous owner. On the pitch we are competing at a higher level but still learning. We have had a bad run but this happened at the same time last year. We had hardly any close season and we started the season with the play off final still in the legs of the players. I am confident that under the new owners and Hurst we will improve. There is only 4 points between 16th position and 9th. Two or three wins on the bounce will see us shoot up a number of places. Two years ago I could see no future but we are getting back on track. It takes time. UTM

You didn't really answer my question
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 118
Morris Minor
November 19, 2022, 5:23pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -606
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Kris2

Apparently you are because that's the only time you, Morris Minor and supertown are ever posting. When we win every week you're nowhere to be found, why is that?  

Very happy.again, no clean sheet, bet up again. Town very rarely let you down. UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 118
TheRealJohnLewis
November 19, 2022, 5:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
I wonder if those criticising Effete for their goal will be doing the same for McAtee for his urine poor pen!
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 118
MuddyWaters
November 19, 2022, 5:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,290
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
I wonder if those criticising Effete for their goal will be doing the same for McAtee for his urine poor pen!

I will. It was awful.
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 118
MuddyWaters
November 19, 2022, 5:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,290
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from BenBB
Deserved that equaliser. Efete MOTM for me - was so busy all game, workhorse.

And we go again, UTM!

You must have been at a different game to me. He wasn’t as bad but nowhere near MoM.
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 118
hampshiremariner
November 19, 2022, 5:43pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
@ It Bites

The answer clearly is YES!  We are better than last time we came up. Last time we hung on to L2 status precariously until we had that dreadful relegation season. I anticipate an upward trajectory on the pitch now because we have proper owners who are committed to the club in both heart and mind. Before we had all the controversy off the pitch, the Holloway debacle. I don’t want to go down the path of criticising the team, the management or the owners. I just thankful that the old regime had been booted out and I don’t want any negative stuff around the team. We can be disappointed in recent performance but I feel that the team will improve. No looking back to ‘the last time we came up’. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 118
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stevenage (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.