GollyGTFC
November 11, 2022, 12:01pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
Re: Brazil…

Since losing to Belgium in the QF of Russia 2018 they’ve only had one match against European opposition and that was Czech Republic in 2019.

It’s impossible to judge where they are, but looking at their Premier League heavy squad they look nothing special overall.

But I think every single side has a major flaw so who knows? But personally I don’t expect them to come close to winning the tournament.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 40 - 50
Jarmo.Is.God
November 11, 2022, 12:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Ben White is at the prime age to kick on and is doing great for Arsenal.
I hope Maguire doesn't start instead of him!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
GollyGTFC
November 11, 2022, 4:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

To be fair, Trippier is very capable when playing at left-back. The only question then, is whether or not Walker is fit to play right-back (if we play a back 4). TAA is NOT defensively good enough to play at full-back, though he might be decent as a wing-back. I think White is a good defender, but might not be quite quick enough off the mark to play full-back in international football. You don't get that many tall full-backs.

He won’t play White at full-back. Luke Shaw & Trippier are left back options with Saka a left wing back option.

Ben White is excellent. And John Stones is world class when he has an excellent centre-back partner and average when he’s next to someone like Maguire.

I think as things stand Southgate will pick a 4-2-3-1…

Pickford

Walker
Stones
Maguire
Trippier

Rice
Phillips

Sterling
Bellingham
Saka

Kane

Against lesser opposition he might leave out Phillips and play someone like Mount, Foden or Grealish centrally in a 4-1-4-1

But he’s a cautious manager so he might play 3 at the back including Kyle Walker like in Russia and have Trippier & Shaw/Saka as wing-backs. Personally I think that would be a huge mistake.

The big shame is that Sancho and TAA would walk into any international team in world football yet one won’t be in Qatar and one will be lucky to get on the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 50
Hagrid
November 11, 2022, 4:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,521
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from GollyGTFC

He won’t play White at full-back. Luke Shaw & Trippier are left back options with Saka a left wing back option.

Ben White is excellent. And John Stones is world class when he has an excellent centre-back partner and average when he’s next to someone like Maguire.

Pickford

Walker
Stones
Maguire
Trippier

Rice
Phillips

Sterling
Bellingham
Saka

Kane

Against lesser opposition he might leave out Phillips and play someone like Mount, Foden or Grealish centrally in a 4-1-4-1

But he’s a cautious manager so he might play 3 at the back including Kyle Walker like in Russia and have Trippier & Shaw/Saka as wing-backs. Personally I think that would be a huge mistake.

The big shame is that Sancho and TAA would walk into any international team in world football yet one won’t be in Qatar and one will be lucky to get on the pitch.

Sancho doesnt even get in the United side, how can he justify being picked for England?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
GollyGTFC
November 11, 2022, 5:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

Sancho doesnt even get in the United side, how can he justify being picked for England?

He’s started 10 out of United’s 13 Premier League games this season. He’s missed the last couple with a slight injury so he’s been a regular.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 50
Gaffer58
November 11, 2022, 5:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Not certain but I think Kyle Walker will be missing from the group games as he’s still recovering from his injury. Philips had only played around 50 minutes of premiership football this season, Maguire isn’t first choice at Manure nowadays, we all know TAA cannot defend to save his life, personally although Pickford is a good stopper his distribution is awful,always seems to be in a rush and wants to kick it as far and hard as possible, Sterling is not producing his Man City form now he’s at Chelsea, so basically we’ll go all the way and beat Brazil, Holland, Germany or France 4-0 in the final.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
Rick12
November 12, 2022, 7:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45

I hear things are pretty turbulent in Iran too.
Iran traditionally have not been  a big football nation though Knuts . Look at some of the big boys where football is massive. It even surprises me at some of the lengths the government go to to encourage people to play. Brazil for one despite their problems with crime and the favelas have a lot of positives. Take football for one where there is free pitches at night floodlit . We dont even have that  here in the UK unless you pay for it.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
Posh Harry
November 12, 2022, 7:46am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,376
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Pickford

Walker
Stones
Maguire
Trippier

Rice
Phillips

Sterling
Bellingham
Saka

Kane

It’s all about opinions but mine is that no way would sancho and TAA walk into any international team in world football
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
Rick12
November 12, 2022, 7:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from GollyGTFC
The World Cup is wide open. Every team has a significant flaw. .
My favourite to win it is Brazil. Sad to read this will be possibly Neymar Jr's last world cup. Despite some of his petulance in the past at his best is beautiful to watch .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 12, 2022, 8:01am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from Rick12
It even surprises me at some of the lengths the government go to to encourage people to play. Brazil for one despite their problems with crime and the favelas have a lot of positives. Take football for one where there is free pitches at night floodlit . We dont even have that  here in the UK unless you pay for it.

Control though isn’t it.

Fumaça - the Humber Mirandinha.

Lots of meat - rodizios.

Those little skimpy tanga pants that grip where the sun don’t shine.

Give a person a football and they’ll seal dribble, hocus pocus and elastico all day.

Give a person an education and a chance in life and they might overthrow the Government.

Look at Rio. Floodlit football pitches - tick. Massive great Christ statue - tick. Free city beaches - tick.

We don’t need to resort to soft forms of control like that in our country because we’ve got Rupert Murdoch and The Daily Mail instead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › England squad

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.