Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lets talk about the Man City U 21 game tomorrow
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 250 Guests

Lets talk about the Man City U 21 game tomorrow

This thread currently has 5,651 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
chelseacity
November 7, 2022, 2:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +364
Gold Stars: 9
Each EFL club will receive a £20,000 participation fee in addition to any prize money won throughout the competition:

· Group Stage - £10,000 for a win, £5,000 for a draw

· Round Two - £20,000 for a win

· Round Three - £40,000 for a win

· Quarter Final - £50,000 for a win

· Runner-up - £50,000

Winner - £100,000

Grimsby Town can make even more money after the £41,000 they won on Saturday if they win tomorrow night, and i know a lot of people have a conspiracy theory about this competition, i don't believe anyone would even contemplate removing Town's & Cities football clubs to replace them with a second string/reserve side of a Premier league club, it just wouldn't work for so many reasons. Like Saturday, gate receipts and match day sales are on top of these winnings. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
londonmariner2
November 7, 2022, 3:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
Pep Guardiola's plans to reform EFL with B teams blasted by Bolton and Accrington chiefs

The Man City manager's suggestion that Premier League development teams would be better off playing in the Championship or League One hasn't gone down well
The Manchester City manager's comments came after his team saw off League One side Wycombe in a Carabao Cup tie on Tuesday.
Their 6-1 victory was achieved with team that consisted of a plethora of academy-trained players, leading the Spaniard to suggest his bold proposals.
He said of the development squad: "They should play every day in Championship of League or League One. That should be the best level for English football, that would be the best.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 51
denni266
November 7, 2022, 3:38pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Rather watch this than the world cup this time round
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 51
Sir Matt Tease
November 7, 2022, 3:47pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +293
Gold Stars: 31
I'd rather stay and iron my socks  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 51
GrimRob
November 7, 2022, 4:04pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,460
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from chelseacity
i don't believe anyone would even contemplate removing Town's & Cities football clubs to replace them with a second string/reserve side of a Premier league club, it just wouldn't work for so many reasons. Like Saturday, gate receipts and match day sales are on top of these winnings. UTM

Have you looked recently at other leagues around Europe? We're fairly unusual in not having an B sides in our lower leagues. Most nations have B sides in their second or third tiers, i.e. about the level that we might expect to compete as a relative minnow. Even Scotland now have B sides in their Lowland League (Rangers are top - https://thefishy.co.uk/leaguetable.php?table=273&season=20).

One of the things that makes me most proud about English football is the depth of support we have in this country for teams in the lower leagues. We've probably all been to games with 5 figure crowds in the 5th tier, that's more than some teams in their nation's top league average. We have a great tradition of supporting our local teams in this country and I wouldn't want to deny a single football team their place in the Football League, National League or whatever level you want to place the B teams at. Cos it would mean denying fans somewhere, who love their local team, the right to see them compete at the level they have earned.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 51
grimsby pete
November 7, 2022, 4:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,836
Gold Stars: 222
Why dont they just have a premiere reserve league where they play each other then they can play senior players who need a game along side their younger ones.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 51
lukeo
November 7, 2022, 4:22pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,409
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from grimsby pete
Why dont they just have a premiere reserve league where they play each other then they can play senior players who need a game along side their younger ones.

This 100% I don't get it. At all.

Going back On subject, I don't want town to lose I never do. Money is money. But I won't be watching.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 51
Sweden
November 7, 2022, 5:58pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +318
Gold Stars: 8
When I ordered plane tickets, it was Crewe that was relevant. So I'm disappointed. Luckily I'll be around to watch Doncaster on Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 51
It Bites
November 7, 2022, 6:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,217
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from grimsby pete

They won't have control of the EFL if they did that
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 51
pen penfras
November 7, 2022, 6:08pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from grimsby pete

They did. But it turns out kids playing against kids doesn't really prepare them for the rigours of mens football. I'm sure they could fix it by mandating at least 5 players over 23 in squads, but it just doesn't have the competitive edge of real football and the experience isn't the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 51
HertsGTFC
November 7, 2022, 8:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
This competition isn’t for me but if anyone wants to go to the games then that’s up to them.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 51
barralad
November 7, 2022, 9:21pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from GrimRob

Have you looked recently at other leagues around Europe? We're fairly unusual in not having an B sides in our lower leagues. Most nations have B sides in their second or third tiers, i.e. about the level that we might expect to compete as a relative minnow. Even Scotland now have B sides in their Lowland League (Rangers are top - https://thefishy.co.uk/leaguetable.php?table=273&season=20).

One of the things that makes me most proud about English football is the depth of support we have in this country for teams in the lower leagues. We've probably all been to games with 5 figure crowds in the 5th tier, that's more than some teams in their nation's top league average. We have a great tradition of supporting our local teams in this country and I wouldn't want to deny a single football team their place in the Football League, National League or whatever level you want to place the B teams at. Cos it would mean denying fans somewhere, who love their local team, the right to see them compete at the level they have earned.

I spend quite a lot of time in Osnabruck in Germany. VfL Osnabruck play in the third tier of German football. In their league are Borussia Dortmund B. The rules don't allow Dortmund to be promoted from 3 Liga. If they come in the top two the team finishing third is automatically promoted. The fact remains though that they ARE in the League. The other fact is that for some strange reason nobody seems to care.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 51
Gaffer58
November 7, 2022, 10:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Out of interest if Dortmunds B team came bottom of liga3 would they be relegated?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 51
tashee69
November 8, 2022, 12:01am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from GrimRob

Totally agree. This is what makes English football, the fact you can support a local team. Unfortunately the way how things are going, the more foreign influence there is in the game, the less like an English league it’s becoming. Can remember being a kid and all the other countries envied our FA Cup. The more foreigners that have come into the English game, the more like them we are becoming. F A cup now, even lower league teams have stopped taking it seriously.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 51
chaos33
November 8, 2022, 12:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
The Dutch ‘second division’ (the Eerste) includes the u23 teams of the established Eredivisie sides - namely, Jong Ajax, Jong PSV, Jong AZ Alkmar, Jong Utrecht etc.
I like it because it’s great for betting on as there are always loads of goals. I’m not sure what point I’m making, other than to say it happens elsewhere. We are, along with Germany and Italy, unusual in Europe for the number of well supported clubs we have in our tier 2, 3 and 4 divisions. I doubt there are many second divisions, if any, in the world that could compete with our ‘championship’ in terms of the size of clubs and the support they get.
Our support, as a L2 (4th division) club would be comparable to many a club in the top or second division in several European counties.  

As a ‘for instance’…..our average home crowds are comparable to Grasshoppers Zurich in the Swiss prem and they are better than about half the clubs in both the Belgian and Swedish ‘premier’ divisions.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 51
immariner
November 8, 2022, 12:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Roughly 1300 home tickets sold so far. Only the Main Stand open
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 51
Rick12
November 8, 2022, 6:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from GrimRob

Have you looked recently at other leagues around Europe? We're
One of the things that makes me most proud about English football is the depth of support we have in this country for teams in the lower leagues.
True Rob though I think the spiritual home of football is Brazil. Whenever I see the world cups which I adore I always keep an eye out on Brazil. Some of the football they play is beautiful. I've been lucky to see Brazil play live and some of their play is exquisite .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 51
aldi_01
November 8, 2022, 6:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from tashee69

Totally agree. This is what makes English football, the fact you can support a local team. Unfortunately the way how things are going, the more foreign influence there is in the game, the less like an English league it’s becoming. Can remember being a kid and all the other countries envied our FA Cup. The more foreigners that have come into the English game, the more like them we are becoming. F A cup now, even lower league teams have stopped taking it seriously.

intercourse all to do with foreign players, you only have to hear them speak about winning the FA cup etc. it’s all to do with money and success wanted/needed by clubs elsewhere.

Promotion from the championship is seen as THE golden ticket, the playoff final is regarded as one of the biggest in Europe. So picture the scene, town are 4th in the second tier. We’re going great guns, we get an away draw in the cup but we’ve already got a couple of niggly injuries…we can have a cup run and May be make it to the 5th round but there’s a strong chance there’s casualties along the way and we risk dropping out the playoff…as a manager what do you do? Granted, every manager and player wants to win every game but I can guarantee that the cup would be seen as a hindrance.

As mentioned, whilst every country has lots of divisions, Christ, in Holland there’s football practically every day but in Germany, England and Italy, football is well supported up and down the pyramid. That’s something valuable.

Germany has a B team model, but it’s been there a long time and they’re not all rattling around in the second tier like Spain. They aren’t able to get promoted and it isn’t really about money. The German footballing system is different to many though so I’d imagine that helps.

Personally, I don’t see the point in allowing teams to play in a league if they can’t go up but that’s just my opinion.

The pizza cup wasn’t well supported previously, not until semi final, area final and final anyway. The EFL saw this as a way to ‘generate interest’ and the top flight, some, not all, saw it as a chance to ‘blood’ younger players without having to send them out on loan I guess.

One could argue it failed, interest decreased massively and clubs were essentially paid an insurance as Mr Day explained that ill fated night. Sadly, Lincoln got to a final, desperate for a day out at Wembley and with their new found fans who didn’t understand the ramifications of such change to the competition, sold decent amounts of tickets for group games and then a fair wedge for the final.

Similarly, Sunderland did the same, another club desperate for success becauee their perception is they’re a huge club…the EFL won’t care that only 1200’scabs turn up at BP or 150 go watch Barnsley play some poxy u23 side, they’ll just point to the finals…

I’m not entirely sure B teams will happen but I can see some u23 teams finding their way in, it’s whether or not the EFL has the balderdash to stand up to the bigger clubs.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 51
lukeo
November 8, 2022, 7:34am
Season Ticket Holder
I personally think the whole system needs a reshake regarding the cups. Prem managers complain there's too many cup competitions etc... For me we should strip it back.
FA cup is a must. That should stay.
Get rid of the caraboa and u23s crap cup.
Then for me maybe try something different. Teams from England Scotland Wales compete in a league / ko system. Maybe have this for teams in championship level and below but maybe 'invite' prem teams and then they decide whether to be involved or not (ie someone who's just been promoted or hovers around relegation who don't have European games to consider may want to participate).. Sounds crazy and it may well be, but it's different.. Actually. Scrap that.. Imagine Torquay drawing Clyde away.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 51
DB
November 8, 2022, 8:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from lukeo
I personally think the whole system needs a reshake regarding the cups. Prem managers complain there's too many cup competitions etc... For me we should strip it back.
FA cup is a must. That should stay.
Get rid of the caraboa and u23s crap cup.
Then for me maybe try something different. Teams from England Scotland Wales compete in a league / ko system. Maybe have this for teams in championship level and below but maybe 'invite' prem teams and then they decide whether to be involved or not (ie someone who's just been promoted or hovers around relegation who don't have European games to consider may want to participate).. Sounds crazy and it may well be, but it's different.. Actually. Scrap that.. Imagine Torquay drawing Clyde away.

I thought Clyde was the orangutan in 'Every Which Way But Loose' film with Clint Eastwood. Torquay v Orangutang, now that would be one hell of a game.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 51
Poojah
November 8, 2022, 8:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,882
Gold Stars: 1,526
Quoted from immariner
Roughly 1300 home tickets sold so far. Only the Main Stand open

That’s a disappointingly large crowd, if so.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 51
diehardmariner
November 8, 2022, 9:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,715
Gold Stars: 543
This was always going to the fixture that drew a crowd.  

Be interesting to see what ratio of tickets sold are for kids as I guess a lot will be parents taking the little ones who are desperate to see a Man City side.  

Don't like the term scab, regardless of how entrenched I am against the competition.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 51
Grantham_Mariner
November 8, 2022, 9:11am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,204
Gold Stars: 51
I know of at least two Man City fans who live locally to me who have tickets for the game. They said that transport, Food and match tickets will be around £50, but if they went to see their first team they would not have much change out of £200.
So they would like to see their reserve team in the EFL so they could afford to see more games.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 51
tashee69
November 8, 2022, 9:11am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from aldi_01

intercourse all to do with foreign players, you only have to hear them speak about winning the FA cup etc. it’s all to do with money and success wanted/needed by clubs elsewhere.

Promotion from the championship is seen as THE golden ticket, the playoff final is regarded as one of the biggest in Europe. So picture the scene, town are 4th in the second tier. We’re going great guns, we get an away draw in the cup but we’ve already got a couple of niggly injuries…we can have a cup run and May be make it to the 5th round but there’s a strong chance there’s casualties along the way and we risk dropping out the playoff…as a manager what do you do? Granted, every manager and player wants to win every game but I can guarantee that the cup would be seen as a hindrance.

As mentioned, whilst every country has lots of divisions, Christ, in Holland there’s football practically every day but in Germany, England and Italy, football is well supported up and down the pyramid. That’s something valuable.

Germany has a B team model, but it’s been there a long time and they’re not all rattling around in the second tier like Spain. They aren’t able to get promoted and it isn’t really about money. The German footballing system is different to many though so I’d imagine that helps.

Personally, I don’t see the point in allowing teams to play in a league if they can’t go up but that’s just my opinion.

The pizza cup wasn’t well supported previously, not until semi final, area final and final anyway. The EFL saw this as a way to ‘generate interest’ and the top flight, some, not all, saw it as a chance to ‘blood’ younger players without having to send them out on loan I guess.

One could argue it failed, interest decreased massively and clubs were essentially paid an insurance as Mr Day explained that ill fated night. Sadly, Lincoln got to a final, desperate for a day out at Wembley and with their new found fans who didn’t understand the ramifications of such change to the competition, sold decent amounts of tickets for group games and then a fair wedge for the final.

Similarly, Sunderland did the same, another club desperate for success becauee their perception is they’re a huge club…the EFL won’t care that only 1200’scabs turn up at BP or 150 go watch Barnsley play some poxy u23 side, they’ll just point to the finals…

I’m not entirely sure B teams will happen but I can see some u23 teams finding their way in, it’s whether or not the EFL has the balderdash to stand up to the bigger clubs.

Read what I said. I said FOREIGN INFLUENCE before you start saying intercourse all to do with foreign players. Always up for a debate but obviously you’ve got no manners !!!!! You’re talking about players
How many foreign owners, managers, coaches are now in the Premier League now, because let’s be honest, that’s where the majority of the power is held.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 51
aldi_01
November 8, 2022, 9:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from tashee69

Read what I said. I said FOREIGN INFLUENCE before you start saying intercourse all to do with foreign players. Always up for a debate but obviously you’ve got no manners !!!!! You’re talking about players
How many foreign owners, managers, coaches are now in the Premier League now, because let’s be honest, that’s where the majority of the power is held.

Wind ya neck in mate…foreign involvement still isn’t the issue, the issue is money and what we now regard as success…Christ, finishing 4th in the premier league is regarded as success…finishing 4th bottom is. That’s why the FA cup isn’t what it used to be…although if the big teams didn’t care they wouldn’t get to the final pretty much every year.

The premier league, the importance of staying in it, promotion and playoffs etc…that’s where the important stuff is. Christ, on this very forum people were bemoaning the FA cup last year saying it wasn’t important…we’re a bloody pub team in comparison to the likes of City and Chelsea yet fans held the same views…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 51
barralad
November 8, 2022, 9:56am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from Gaffer58
Out of interest if Dortmunds B team came bottom of liga3 would they be relegated?

Yes. That's the incentive. The upper incentive is of course getting a place in the first team.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 51
Hagrid
November 8, 2022, 10:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,518
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from barralad

Yes. That's the incentive. The upper incentive is of course getting a place in the first team.

be relegated to the Regionella, which the team i follow in Germany, Lokomotiv Leipzig, currently play in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 51
Jarmo.Is.God
November 8, 2022, 10:18am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
I was debating taking my lad to this.
Cheaper tickets etc being the main reason....

But i thought it might be £5 for all, and not willing to pay £20 for me and the boss lady, then £5 for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 51
Lost in Lincoln
November 8, 2022, 12:07pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from DB

I thought Clyde was the orangutan in 'Every Which Way But Loose' film with Clint Eastwood. Torquay v Orangutang, now that would be one hell of a game.

As long as the Orangutang doesn't draw Hartlepool away...

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 51
toontown
November 8, 2022, 1:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
I know of at least two Man City fans who live locally to me who have tickets for the game. They said that transport, Food and match tickets will be around £50, but if they went to see their first team they would not have much change out of £200.
[/color]So they would like to see their reserve team in the EFL so they could afford to see more games.[color=purple]

Oh well we should all bend over to convenience them.
They can intercourse right off can't they
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 51
monkeyboy
November 8, 2022, 2:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
I wouldnt mind seeing some sort of britain cup with the lower leagues from england scotland wales and northern ireland,
God knows how it would work tho but would be some interesting away days at places like Cowdenbeath.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 51
Poojah
November 8, 2022, 2:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from monkeyboy
I wouldnt mind seeing some sort of britain cup with the lower leagues from england scotland wales and northern ireland,
God knows how it would work tho but would be some interesting away days at places like Cowdenbeath.

Interesting idea in theory, but you’d need to regionalise it to some degree to avoid first round ties of Plymouth away at Inverness (642 miles to save you looking!), which starts to defeat the object a bit.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 51
lukeo
November 8, 2022, 2:41pm
Season Ticket Holder
Kind of was my idea but you've worded it better.. Even if you do group stages as regional then into a knock out which opens up to all of the UK or something
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 51
newarkmariner
November 8, 2022, 2:57pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
was just going too read this thread without commenting until a whopper commented,who the flying F@5k do you think you are Aldi to call people who want too go to a football match scabs.I know a few who are going tonight and believe me if you called it too there faces your teeth would be leaving your mouth.if you dont want to go dont go,but give your head a wobble you muppet aand think before typing sh%te.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 51
lukeo
November 8, 2022, 3:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
I'm not going to lie.. I wasn't intending on watching it but may pop the second half on once the Mrs is asleep.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 51
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 8, 2022, 4:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from lukeo
I'm not going to lie.. I wasn't intending on watching it but may pop the second half on once the Mrs is asleep.

…brown chicken, brown cow…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 51
November 8, 2022, 4:07pm
Guest User
I'm just wondering how many of the boycotters on here would go to the final if we got there?
Reply: 36 - 51
Poojah
November 8, 2022, 4:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 123614
I'm just wondering how many of the boycotters on here would go to the final if we got there?

It’s a question I’ve pondered previously; as someone who strongly opposes the involvement of ‘elite’ development squads in senior football, I can’t say with 100% certainty what I’d do.

If the final were to be against one of those development teams then I’m pretty adamant I would give it a miss - that’s not what Wembley finals should be about at any level. But if it were Lincoln, for the sake of the argument, then it’s a different conundrum altogether.

I’d still like to think principles would win out, but it’s easy to type on messageboard in November when you haven’t even made it out of the group stages yet.

Personally, I hope we never get there so it’s a decision I never have to make.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 51
aldi_01

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from newarkmariner
was just going too read this thread without commenting until a whopper commented,who the flying F@5k do you think you are Aldi to call people who want too go to a football match scabs.I know a few who are going tonight and believe me if you called it too there faces your teeth would be leaving your mouth.if you dont want to go dont go,but give your head a wobble you muppet aand think before typing sh%te.

I mean it took me a few reads to fathom what you put but I’d say mission accomplished…

Sod a ‘UK’ tournament, bring back the Anglo italian…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 51
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from 123614

Personally…I’d rather watch Jason Cundy edge himself for 90 minutes over a documentary on Mongol yak milking. Frothy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 51
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 8, 2022, 4:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,320
Gold Stars: 309

Personally…I’d rather watch Jason Cundy edge himself for 90 minutes over a documentary on Mongol yak milking. Frothy.

And he's back.....well done Mrs Fosters Voles.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 51
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 8, 2022, 4:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,320
Gold Stars: 309
Quoted from monkeyboy

Interesting idea but for me a non starter:

1. We need to be playing less football not more (in England) - make the game an event, get the fans desperate for the next game
2. In the current financial climate, asking small clubs (some of whom are hanging on by a thread financially) to travel further and incur greater expenses from hotels and flights (to N Ireland and Northern Scotland) would be greeted like a fart in a spacesuit.
3. The lack of interest in say Doncaster v Elgin would make the Papa John's look like the Champions League
4. Many of the smaller clubs in Scotland, Wales and N Ireland are glorified pub teams and would get hammered by a decent lower league side from England so interest would wane very quickly when it was obvious there was no competition

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 51
newarkmariner
November 8, 2022, 4:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

I mean it took me a few reads to fathom what you put but I’d say mission accomplished…

Sod a ‘UK’ tournament, bring back the Anglo italian…

as long as you got the message muppet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 51
moosey_club
November 8, 2022, 5:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,321
Gold Stars: 229
Thin end of the wedge.

That's all.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 51
HertsGTFC
November 8, 2022, 5:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228

Wow!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 51
ginnywings
November 8, 2022, 5:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from moosey_club
Thin end of the wedge.

That's all.

My thoughts too. Going on the ticket sales for tonight, the wedge has gone in just a little bit more and people are starting to accept it. They can afford to play the long game.

Personally, I won't be attending any game in this competition, even if we make the final.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 51
moosey_club
November 8, 2022, 5:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,321
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from ginnywings

My thoughts too. Going on the ticket sales for tonight, the wedge has gone in just a little bit more and people are starting to accept it. They can afford to play the long game.

Personally, I won't be attending any game in this competition, even if we make the final.

My thoughts too.

When you think that we will be facing players this evening wearing squad numbers up into the top end of the 90's then no wonder poor old Pep and Man City want to find some extra comps to give players a game.  
Fking joke.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 51
aldi_01
November 8, 2022, 6:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker

as long as you got the message muppet

😂😂😂you really didn’t understand the response…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 51
November 8, 2022, 6:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Exactly. It’s like the pörn scene in the 90s.

With every shoot, the bushes got slimmer and trimmer until we ended up with a pink wedge, never mind the thin end. By the Noughties you couldn’t find a hairy labia or gooch for love nor money and every c**t looked like Russell Slade. All because the industry bent over for Remington and Immac.

Look and learn. Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 51
livvo
November 8, 2022, 6:38pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +133
Gold Stars: 6

Exactly. It’s like the pörn scene in the 90s.

With every shoot, the bushes got slimmer and trimmer until we ended up with a pink wedge, never mind the thin end. By the Noughties you couldn’t find a hairy labia or gooch for love nor money and every c**t looked like Russell Slade. All because the industry bent over for Remington and Immac.

Look and learn. Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past  

Brilliant 👏👏
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 51
newarkmariner
November 8, 2022, 7:01pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

😂😂😂you really didn’t understand the response…

all i know is that your a c&nt
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 51
aldi_01
November 8, 2022, 7:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker

all i know is that your a c&nt

*you’re…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 51
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lets talk about the Man City U 21 game tomorrow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.