Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £41,000 prize money for Saturdays winner.
Users Browsing Forum
Baidu Spider, Googlebot and 236 Guests

£41,000 prize money for Saturdays winner.

This thread currently has 6,191 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Son of Cod
November 6, 2022, 10:52am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Les Brechin

Same here. Man Yoo the only league team we haven't played in my lifetime,

And for another month or so technically AFC Wimbledon. But yeah Man Utd would be class. Wouldn't turn my nose up at Hull away if we made it to the 3rd Round personally.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
scrumble
November 6, 2022, 11:21am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +986
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Les Brechin

Same here. Man Yoo the only league team we haven't played in my lifetime,

It's a bit odd that we've played all of the big Prem teams at least twice in my life time, but never Man U. Its almost like they're scared of us

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
Theimperialcoroner
November 6, 2022, 11:24am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from scrumble

It's a bit odd that we've played all of the big Prem teams at least twice in my life time, but never Man U. Its almost like they're scared of us

Think it’s because we hammered them last time round. (Or in one of the last games we played them)

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
Theimperialcoroner
November 6, 2022, 11:26am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Think it’s because we hammered them last time round. (Or in one of the last games we played them)

Almost, looking at the database we drew at ours but beat them 4:3  at Old Trafford

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
Limerick Mariner
November 6, 2022, 11:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,746
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from toontown

Doubt it would have been anything like 7k, cheaper maybe 5.5k, the last 2 defeats probably took more off the gate than the price

Yes maybe not 7k looking at other crowds yesterday, only Wednesday would have been higher of the whole round if we'd got that. Adult STHs with kids deciding to go instead of giving it a miss would have boosted numbers.  We might also have got some people going who don't have season tickets but can't generally afford to go at full League prices.  

Our home fan attendance, 4.2k, was seventh highest of the Cup round I think, and all the higher ones were League 1 clubs save Bradford 6.8k and Chesterfield - 5.8k with 750 away, who charged £12 for adults and £6 for kids and OAPs. Chesterfield's home crowds typically are similar to ours atm, save when they get a bigger away following than we can accommodate.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
GrimRob
November 6, 2022, 11:29am

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,462
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Almost, looking at the database we drew at ours but beat them 4:3  at Old Trafford

We have a winning record against them at BP and if we win the next meeting we would be level on wins with them in the combined record.

https://thefishy.co.uk/resultsbreakdown.php?team=Man+Utd

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 50
ska face
November 6, 2022, 11:58am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
The accounts team will be glad of the win, it’s the equivalent of another 1,863 tickets sold at £22 a spin.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
TownSNAFU5
November 6, 2022, 12:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
I think that the number of Town fans going yesterday also depended on other factors.  We are 3 exiled STHs in York.  This season due to the train strikes and night games we have sometimes given lifts to 2 other STHs living in Leeds and Newcastle.

2 of us decided to give yesterday a miss as we have 2 home games on the next 2 Saturday’s.  3 home games would be a bit much for travelling in 15 days.  This decision then impacted on the other travellers.

In short, we would have gone yesterday if there were not 2 home games to follow (and travel to).  Fine margins.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
jamesgtfc
November 6, 2022, 12:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,052
Gold Stars: 190
Yesterdays win ought to pay for two highly educated, creative and driven managers in the office for a year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
SteffiMariner
November 6, 2022, 12:35pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from ska face
The accounts team will be glad of the win, it’s the equivalent of another 1,863 tickets sold at £22 a spin.

Erm, it's the equivalent of another 81 season tickets (you forgot to divide by the 23 matches I think).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £41,000 prize money for Saturdays winner.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.