Son of Cod
November 4, 2022, 7:36am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from chaos33
Jeez. In the interests of balance, let’s also recall the games in which his assists or goals or tackles have been instrumental in us acquiring points. He’s a really good player at this level. No defender is flawless, even at the very top level. It disappoints me that some people are so quick to categorise and criticise players who represent our own team! Apparently we have ‘weak links’ and people who are ‘clearly not up to it’ as well as a few that ‘the manager doesn’t rate’. It’s just overstatement, unfair and is probably pretty hurtful to the players who might read it and are giving their all for our club.
We have players who will make mistakes sometimes and who have great strengths in some areas of their game and aspects to work on in other areas of their game. Everybody in every team at every level does.

Must be pure coincidence that most teams seem to target our left hand side then. I don't think it's overly negative to suggest he's the weakest defensively of the back four. It's obviously not Waterfall or Smith and Efete has improved a lot in that respect under PH. Glennon has a wand of a left foot and gets up and down that line with a ridiculous amount of energy and his early crosses can chaos mayhem but I think it's a pretty fair criticism that he's not quite there defensively yet. He's probably one of the best attacking full backs in the division but he's way off being one of the best defensive full backs in the division. Hopefully that will come with time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 30
Maringer
November 4, 2022, 8:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
I've been a little disappointed with him in defence as he seems a bit slower than when he was with us during his first stint and finds it harder against quick opponents (as do all defenders!). I think he's quick enough, but don't feel he's improved over the past couple of years which is a surprise.

I suspect that most teams are attacked more down their left than down their right. A lot more people are right-footed so, logically, there ought to be more good right-footed players than good left-footed players! It's not a coincidence that so many teams end up playing right-footers on the left.

Hopefully, Glennon will continue to improve defensively as his fitness improves as he plays regularly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 30
Abdul19
November 4, 2022, 8:32am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
Has anyone ever had a wand of a right foot?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 30
Son of Cod
November 4, 2022, 8:43am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Abdul19
Has anyone ever had a wand of a right foot?

Great question. Surely Beckham's right foot was described as a wand?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 30
OddShapedBalls
November 4, 2022, 9:39am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Son of Cod

Great question. Surely Beckham's right foot was described as a wand?

'a right foot like harry potters wand' - solksjaer said that about becks. (according to google). He's possible the only one to ever get the accolade though?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 30
sam gy
November 4, 2022, 10:27am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from chaos33
Jeez. In the interests of balance, let’s also recall the games in which his assists or goals or tackles have been instrumental in us acquiring points. He’s a really good player at this level. No defender is flawless, even at the very top level. It disappoints me that some people are so quick to categorise and criticise players who represent our own team! Apparently we have ‘weak links’ and people who are ‘clearly not up to it’ as well as a few that ‘the manager doesn’t rate’. It’s just overstatement, unfair and is probably pretty hurtful to the players who might read it and are giving their all for our club.
We have players who will make mistakes sometimes and who have great strengths in some areas of their game and aspects to work on in other areas of their game. Everybody in every team at every level does.

Its The Fishy, the forum where a lot of posters proclaimed that Rob Atkinson was better than Ryan Bennett when we sold him to Peterborough.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 30
jamesgtfc
November 4, 2022, 10:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from sam gy

Its The Fishy, the forum where a lot of posters proclaimed that Rob Atkinson was better than Ryan Bennett when we sold him to Peterborough.

He was infinitely better than Ryan Bennett...

...at posing for pictures in his underpants.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 30
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 4, 2022, 10:40am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Italians describe Andrea Pirlo as having a la bacchetta magica or un direttore d'orchestra con la bacchetta tra i piedi, which is ‘having a magic wand’ or ‘directing the orchestra with the wand between his feet’, which unsurprisingly for the Italian language is more sėxually expressive.

I mean, Luke Waterfall’s got a huge wand dangling between his feet but I wouldn’t fancy him and Taylor to pull this one off…

[url]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iwEenLgSRY4[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 30
pen penfras
November 4, 2022, 12:03pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Italians describe Andrea Pirlo as having a la bacchetta magica or un direttore d'orchestra con la bacchetta tra i piedi, which is ‘having a magic wand’ or ‘directing the orchestra with the wand between his feet’, which unsurprisingly for the Italian language is more sėxually expressive.

I mean, Luke Waterfall’s got a huge wand dangling between his feet but I wouldn’t fancy him and Taylor to pull this one off…

[url]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iwEenLgSRY4[/url]

I prefer the hospital ball he played just before getting the ball back and doing that. The touch from Baggio was just as impressive as the pass
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 30
Mariner93er
November 4, 2022, 12:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from chaos33

No one said he's 'clearly not up to it'. I simply pointed out I think he's been the weakest of our back 4 in recent times which would make it surprising if a championship club came in for him. I'm not saying he's excrement or shouldn't be playing. Christ, I think you're getting far more upset than any player would.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Few clubs interested in Glennon

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.