Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 266 Guests

Just Back...on the bus.

This thread currently has 10,301 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Norseman
October 30, 2022, 12:44am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Dom Telford top scorer in league 2 not getting in Crawley's starting 11 might be worth a look in January
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 88
Norseman
October 30, 2022, 12:45am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from Norseman
Dom Telford top scorer in league 2  last season not getting in Crawley's starting 11 might be worth a look in January

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 88
Mayaman
October 30, 2022, 1:45am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
What the team is lacking is team spirit.  When we score, the celebrations is listless.  There's something going on in their heads.

Only positives today's was the goal and Efete who had a much better game.  Puzzled me that he got into the box one time and really didn't know what to do with it.   Why on earth didn't we hold on to Mani?  Bags of enthusiasm and he could find the onion bag.   I'm sorry but Taylor is completely ineffective.  Balls zipping across the box and he's know where near them.  A striker should be anticipating those crosses.  Oh, but what about his hold up play?  Then hold the ball up then. He hasn't done that in two games. Remember how much stick The Shop got for his lack of goals.?  Why is Taylor any different?  Trouble is, who else have we got?  Symoonds should have done better with his shot from 8 yards out.  Pepple hasn't shown anything yet but at least he runs and puts defenders under pressure.  Does as one poster said and put Essel on.  Oh, but he's young.   How else will he get experience if he doesn't get game time?  By the time he gets an opportunity to impress he won't be young either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 88
Hagrid
October 30, 2022, 2:04am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from Mayaman
What the team is lacking is team spirit.  When we score, the celebrations is listless.  There's something going on in their heads.

Only positives today's was the goal and Efete who had a much better game.  Puzzled me that he got into the box one time and really didn't know what to do with it.   Why on earth didn't we hold on to Mani?  Bags of enthusiasm and he could find the onion bag.   I'm sorry but Taylor is completely ineffective.  Balls zipping across the box and he's know where near them.  A striker should be anticipating those crosses.  Oh, but what about his hold up play?  Then hold the ball up then. He hasn't done that in two games. Remember how much stick The Shop got for his lack of goals.?  Why is Taylor any different?  Trouble is, who else have we got?  Symoonds should have done better with his shot from 8 yards out.  Pepple hasn't shown anything yet but at least he runs and puts defenders under pressure.  Does as one poster said and put Essel on.  Oh, but he's young.   How else will he get experience if he doesn't get game time?  By the time he gets an opportunity to impress he won't be young either.

The team isnt lacking in team spirit at all. Thats a ridiculous comment.

Why didnt we hold on to Mani? I dont know, i really think we should have.

Ive disagreed with you before on Taylor and do again here.

Essel is out on loan at GY Boro
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 88
BeijingMariner
October 30, 2022, 2:14am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from pen penfras

We've not signed a striker for 2 seasons and got away with it last season, but we aren't going to this season.

Sorry mate, should have been more specific "We've not signed a striker for 2 seasons and got away with it last season, but we aren't going to this season."
I don't think the lack of a 20 goal striker means we will 'not get away with it', I was tired and drunk off so forgot to quote the bit I was focussed on

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 64 - 88
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 30, 2022, 6:43am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from Mayaman

That’s ridiculous. Baseless nonsense.

I’d say our team spirit and fitness have covered for our other deficiencies so far this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 88
pen penfras
October 30, 2022, 7:47am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Mariner_09

I agree actually, he’s been poor in the few games he’s played. He wasn’t great in the second half of his loan last season either. He’s a bit lightweight and doesn’t move the ball fast enough for me.

I didn't understand why we signed him. He was rubbish in our poor run of form last season and has continued exactly the same. Oldham didn't rate him and stopped playing him at this level.

He has decent set pieces and can pick a pass. But he plays a deep lying midfielder role and doesn't do any of the defensive midfielder things very well. It seems he'd be better playing further forwards, but he never does that and often plays sideways balls to fullbacks that takes any speed away from an attack.

I hoped I was wrong and all the hype was justified, but I just don't see it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 88
aldi_01
October 30, 2022, 7:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
If people think the side is missing spirit then I’d question if they’re watching GTFC.

Our spirit makes up for our deficiencies elsewhere.

The obsession with this so called 20 goal a season player is something that’s becoming tiresome. Aside from Amond, Hearn me Connell to some extent, in my life time the 20 goal a season player has almost not existed.

Even at the top, forgetting Haaland, goals are often spread across the team, one key player isn’t always the key anymore,

And besides, we’re looking for the one thing everyone is looking for…

Was letting Manny go a bad idea? May be so but I’d argue the vast majority of town fans didn’t think much of him until his playoff heroics…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 88
HertsGTFC
October 30, 2022, 8:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Mayaman

Most of this I disagree with, especially the point about team spirit, that’s bollox.

Mani would have been an alternative to Taylor but not kept ahead of Taylor, in that role in reality from what we saw wasn’t as good at it. He did score a couple of important play off goals though that can’t be denied and he’s getting a few at tin pot level too.

The point about Essel is just clutching at straws, we’ve got enough young strikers to blood, that’s half the problem so adding another won’t achieve anything different I reckon.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 88
Abdul19
October 30, 2022, 8:24am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
Not quite 20, but we've got a 16 goal a season striker* coming back from injury soon.

*ooh, he's not a striker, he's a 10 - go away!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.