Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 261 Guests

Just back..

This thread currently has 14,145 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
October 22, 2022, 9:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Not much else to say that others haven’t.

Certainly the best 0-0 I’ve ever witnessed and I feel like of Richardson was given 10 more minutes it might’ve been different.

Ref played his part in letting the game flow until the last 20 where he was far too inconsistent, either let the game flow or don’t.

Both sides will be up there this season and I completely got my moneys worth, really pleased.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 99
Mariner_09
October 22, 2022, 10:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Our best player was Waterfall, I thought Green was excellent again and in the second half I thought Taylor was superb. In fact in the second half we were generally superb, not quite how we didn’t win ultimately. I’d be very surprised if Bradford don’t think their MOM was their keeper. The save to deny Richardson when I was all ready to celebrate stood out. Holohan put a seriously nasty ball near the end, was just begging for someone to tap home. Holohan himself missed two glorious chances, particularly just before HT, but overall I thought he excelled again.

Bradford looked a decent side, caused us plenty of problems in H1. The left winger was a good player, wonder if some bigger clubs will be looking at him. We handled Cook very well I thought. I thought Michee once again looked more assured and confident before his injury, he was then clearly struggling with his shoulder. I expect Cropper to start on Tuesday night.

If we can play something like that most weeks, we’ll be right up there come the end of the season. It doesn’t half help when sides come to play football against us and take the game to us though. You can bet your bottom dollar that Pete Wild’s Barrow will be far, far more frustrating to play against than them, even though we’re away.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 99
AndyGTFC
October 22, 2022, 11:16pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
As others have said, a terrific game for a 0-0 and a great advert for League Two. Refs don’t get much credit at this level but he was part of the season for it, not saying he was perfect but he let the game flow throughout.

Bradford were good in the first half in particular but we were a threat on that counter and arguably had the better chances but second half we didn’t let them play at all and dominated it. Very encouraging to play like that against a side that are definitely likely to be up there come May.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 99
HarrogateMariner
October 22, 2022, 11:56pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +479
Gold Stars: 23
Echo what has been said. Everyone played well, we more than matched one of the favourites with a bigger budget than us and if it had not been for a couple of fine saves by their keeper, we would have won. Thought Smith and Waterfall were outstanding, the fact the top scorer in the football league was substituted tells you exactly how well they played. Love the look of Green as well and agree with the Pouton comparisons!

The biggest thing for me is the team and the fact we have no weak link. Thought the much criticised Efete was excellent today, especially defensively and Keirnan  played well and was very unlucky with the yellow card. There is a wall of strength, desire, spirit throughout the whole squad, mixed with some real ability. Above all, we have a real sense of stability about the squad and club in general. It may not happen this season, but if we don't get promotion you can bet we will be even closer next season. So many positives and I am loving it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 99
promotion plaice
October 23, 2022, 12:24am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,082
Gold Stars: 201

Taken off the Bradford forum a fair play to him....

"I said to the wife , “ That’s the best 0-0 I have seen for a long time”

Anyone who didn’t enjoy that as a fairly even game by two sides wanting to win, both NOT timewasting, NOT play acting …needs a head shake! Some people are bloody deluded . A point was deserved….by BOTH sides."

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 99
Mayaman
October 23, 2022, 2:31am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
Well contested game of football.  Some tough challenges but not really dirty.   Holohan, Clifton and Green were excellent.  Waterfall and Smith were outstanding.  MOM was Smith for me.  Made some crucial tackles, especially when Bradford one on one with Crocombe.  Smith was already beaten or so you would have thought.   Some people saying Taylor was superb.  As much as I like the man and he works hard, he was pretty ineffective today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 99
Limerick Mariner
October 23, 2022, 9:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Mayaman
Well contested game of football.  Some tough challenges but not really dirty.   Holohan, Clifton and Green were excellent.  Waterfall and Smith were outstanding.  MOM was Smith for me.  Made some crucial tackles, especially when Bradford one on one with Crocombe.  Smith was already beaten or so you would have thought.   Some people saying Taylor was superb.  As much as I like the man and he works hard, he was pretty ineffective today.

He worked his socks off and brought others into it again, what more can we expect? Unfortunately, without a Bradford-like budget, we can't bring in players like Green and Morris and retain players like Clifton and spaff loads on a high wage frontman. As I said above,swap Kiernan out for a fit and firing McAtee and we'll be right in the mix in this League with this squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 99
Poojah
October 23, 2022, 10:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,878
Gold Stars: 1,523
Not much I can add to what’s already been said. That was about as un-frustrating as draw at home gets, especially a 0-0. A game we deserved to win on the balance of play, but one we equally could have lost given the few chances Bradford had.

Make no mistake, Bradford are a good side - strong on the road and backed by a significant budget and a manager with a wealth of Premier League and international experience. They may have edged the first, but we created arguably the best chance of the half, and it was all Town in the second.

We were perhaps just lacking that little bit of craft and creativity that McAtee will bring in just a few weeks’ time. That is an absolutely mouth watering prospect; and I think will impact things in more ways than is immediately obvious. At times Bradford we’re happy to commit many men forward which created overloads; I’m not sure teams will be as comfortable doing that at BP with the counter-attacking prowess we will possess once young John is back.

Too many players played well to call out. To a man I thought we were excellent, but boy do we have strength in depth in midfield. It almost feels strange writing it because that’s not something I can remember us having in many, many years. All four who played were brilliant, with Alex Hunt stuck on the bench and Evan Khouri not even able to get close to the 18 man squad. Fantastic.

Lewis Richardson, too, impressed me as much as he has so far in a Town shirt when he came on. He seemed to have suddenly grasped the physicality of senior, League Two football and really tipped the game in our favour.

There was some money on display on that pitch, the bulk of it in claret and amber, and we to have faced up to it as we did is a huge testament to the manager, his staff and the players themselves.

A point off the play-offs, 3 points of 4th place and some favourable looking fixtures in the build up to McAtee’s return. Two away games up next, which of course suits us, against two of the division’s out of form sides, followed by Donny no at home who should help create an atmosphere like yesterday, but whom I don’t think are we good as Bradford.

All-in-all, 7 points from Crawley, Stockport and Bradford, or 8 from 12 if you add Salford, is a brilliant return. We are every bit capable of making the play-offs going off what I’ve seen in recent weeks. Genuinely exciting and thoroughly enjoyable times to be a Town fan.

UTM!

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 99
quebec38
October 23, 2022, 10:36am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
Really good, brave performance yesterday. Excellent atmosphere. Great game of football. Good referee.

A game where everyone was on it from start to finish and we had plentiful contenders for MOTM. Smith, Waterfall, Green and Holohan all excellent especially. Richardson came close to taking it with just a 20 minute cameo.

Good craic between the fans, no silliness - I think everyone went home pretty happy. 9/10.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 99
October 23, 2022, 11:45am
Guest User
I can't say any more about the players, it's all been said in this thread already.

What I would like to say though is a very big Well Done to Paul Hurst and his staff.   In the majority of our matches, we have come out a better team in the second half thanks to PH's tactical awareness UTM!
Reply: 49 - 99
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.