Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who has surprised you so far?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 271 Guests

Who has surprised you so far?

This thread currently has 4,377 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Mighty_Mariner
October 16, 2022, 12:40am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,245
Gold Stars: 10
So we’re a third of the season, or thereabouts and been thinking today about which players have surprised me, either in a positive way or not.

For me, I’ve been most surprised, and impressed with Gav Holohan. I’ve always thought he kind of signed by Hursty to help mount a promotion campaign from the National League this season, similar with JMD IMO ( not sure any of us, including Hursty thought we had a serious chance of going up given the form we were in.

Obviously we’re did the unthinkable and thought he might struggle to stand out and shine against the better league players, also considering the feedback from Hartlepool fans about him struggling when they went up. However, I think he’s been great this season. He seems more combative now, has a decent pass, works very hard and helps the team at both ends of the pitch. He seems a natural leader too and he always talking and directing during the game. He’s now starting to add some goals to his game too.

Anyone surprised you?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
toontown
October 16, 2022, 4:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Totally the same MM in terms of why we signed Gav...

In terms of surprise I would just have to say that although I expected Crocombe to be good he really is surprisingly good.

On the other hand although I expected efette to be bad (I thought he was mediocre at best at NL level) he has possibly surprised even me at just how bad he has been... - let's be honest he's been absolutely flipping utterly dreadful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
toontown
October 16, 2022, 4:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Totally the same MM in terms of why we signed Gav...

In terms of surprise I would just have to say that although I expected Crocombe to be good he really is surprisingly good.

On the other hand although I expected efette to be bad (I thought he was mediocre at best at NL level) he has possibly surprised even me at just how bad he has been... - let's be honest he's been absolutely flipping utterly dreadful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
lukeo
October 16, 2022, 4:22am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,421
Gold Stars: 149
Crowcombe has been superb.
I always liked efete but so far I've been surprised how he's struggled.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
aldi_01
October 16, 2022, 7:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Efete has struggled yet defensively we’re pretty solid and yesterday, the goal came down our left hand side.

Crocombe has been excellent, never doubted he was good but he seems a much more modern keeper and can do more than ‘shot stop’. A couple of times yesterday his reading of the game enabled him to come and take control and get the ball, alleviating pressure and he gathered two massive crosses.

Green has been excellent for me, we looked infinitely better with him and it Morris in the middle.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
Abdul19
October 16, 2022, 7:50am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,616
Gold Stars: 220
We were actually in decent form when Holohan signed, but aye, I was half expecting him to play second fiddle before being sold to a NL promotion chaser in the new year. Instead, he's a mainstay - he looks fitter, and I hope to see him in all his glory celebrating a 3rd promotion in 3 years!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
It Bites
October 16, 2022, 8:26am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,217
Gold Stars: 266
Harry Clifton. Not only has he stepped up a level he's starting to look like a good league one prospect. Someone will come in with a lot of money in Jan . There aren't many players around like him anymore .he's been simply magnificent

Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
Les Brechin
October 16, 2022, 8:26am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,727
Gold Stars: 174
The form of Max Crocombe. I was a bit doubtful about him for the first few games he played but he's been excellent for us so far this season, and long may it continue.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
Mariner93er
October 16, 2022, 9:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,736
Gold Stars: 28
Efete is getting a bit of stick of late but I actually think Glennon has been worse. They barely got in at all down our right hand side yesterday and all their chances came down our left. It's something that I thinks been happening a bit too often of late and I suspect teams have worked out the Smith-Glennon combo is our weak point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
Hagrid
October 16, 2022, 9:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,524
Gold Stars: 544
Efete was fine yesterday

Luke Waterfall has been a colossus

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who has surprised you so far?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.