Limerick Mariner
October 17, 2022, 1:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,745
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from gytone
Now block A of the osmond stand is nearly sold out, wonder if block B will be open ?

Think it will be already be open for telephone and in person sales.

Our next 5 home league are really tasty and testing - 4 teams at the top end plus Donny. Great isn't it...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 76
HertsGTFC
October 17, 2022, 1:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from queenybantam07
Looking forward to this one, I’m just gutted that I couldn’t secure a ticket.

The allocations in this league are farcical. We’ve sold out every away game this season, bar Tranmere and Colchester on Tues nights, and the away average currently sits just under a 1,000. Which highlights my point regarding allocations as a whole.

Anyway, the match. Cook notched his 13th goal of the season at the weekend. Although he reaps the awards and headlines, the team as a whole have done very well so far - barring last weekends awful display at home to County.

We’ve won our last 4 away games - a record we haven’t achieved since winning League One in 1985. If we can keep this form going beyond next Saturday, it’ll be mightily impressive.

Gilliead missed the weekend due to the birth of his son. It’ll be harsh on Ryan East, but I think he’ll have to make way for Gilliead’s return.

GK: Harry Lewis

RB: Brad Halliday
CB: Matt Platt
CB: Romoney Critchlow
LB: Matty Foulds

CM: Ritchie Smallwood
CM: Alex Gilliead

RW: Dion Pereira
CAM: Harry Chapman
LW: Tyreik Wright

ST: Andy Cook

We’re still missing Jamie Walker, Abo Eisa, Manny Osadebe, Scott Banks and Liam Ridehalgh.

Predict a close encounter: 1-1

If you can field that 11 then I suggest we've got a challenge on our hands but one I know our lads we'll be up for. Though I want us to be winning more at home I'd take 1-1 now if I could.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 76
grimps
October 17, 2022, 4:43pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,165
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Son of Cod

Surprised Levi Sutton is struggling to get in the side this season, thought he was doing well for you last season. I reckon he'd be a good one for you to start against us, he'd be chomping at the bit to put in a good performance after he came on and got instantly sent off for Scunny a few seasons ago.

I do wonder had we not had those restrictions away at Notts and Halifax last season if we'd still have slashed our allocations this season. It's obviously not as bad for us to do so if we're filling the home ends, but I do think we're setting a bit of a dangerous precedent here. It's always (in recent history) been 1800+ and the full Osmond for visiting supporters and I think that's what it should always be if they can shift them. We'll be giving Donny the same lower allocation and who's to say they aren't going to turn around and drop our allocation from 4000 down to 1500? Definitely got some sympathy for those Bradford fans selling out most away ends and scrambling for tickets like they are. The irony of it is that we could end up with a higher away average than them this season purely because of them giving us a decent allocation.

I think the difference and the frustrating thing about those two clubs restricting our allocation was that there was thousands of empty seats in the ground .
Our ground will be full against Bradford so they can’t really have the same complaint
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 76
immariner
October 17, 2022, 6:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from Son of Cod

I do wonder had we not had those restrictions away at Notts and Halifax last season if we'd still have slashed our allocations this season. It's obviously not as bad for us to do so if we're filling the home ends, but I do think we're setting a bit of a dangerous precedent here. It's always (in recent history) been 1800+ and the full Osmond for visiting supporters and I think that's what it should always be if they can shift them. We'll be giving Donny the same lower allocation and who's to say they aren't going to turn around and drop our allocation from 4000 down to 1500? Definitely got some sympathy for those Bradford fans selling out most away ends and scrambling for tickets like they are. The irony of it is that we could end up with a higher away average than them this season purely because of them giving us a decent allocation.

If we hadn't mate, it would have left circa only 1000 tickets for pay on the day Town fans. Had we topped the league from the off we'd have had home sell outs with the ridiculous prospect of 50 away fans in the whole of the Osmond. As galling as it is for Bradford, Donny and possibly Mansfield fans who won't be able to get tickets, it was absolutely the right call. I hope those clubs recognise that and don't go for a spiteful mammary approach, because it isn't tat to begin with
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 76
fishboyUTM
October 17, 2022, 6:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Maringer
Cook's problem when he was with us was that he simply wasn't fit. He was a young lad who moved across the country and was reportedly homesick and he just didn't look after himself. I wasn't at all bothered when he left because he didn't look particularly bothered when he was playing for us.

His record since seems to show he's sorted himself out, so no doubt the curse of the ex is a risk once again.

He seems to have a bizzare hatred of us. He scored against us a while ago and went out of his way to celebrate wildly in front of our supporters. We got behind him when he was here, we did have the dark cloud of Fenty hanging over us and I suppose it may have transferred to the pitch somewhat, but I don't see what his problem is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 76
lukeo
October 17, 2022, 6:30pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,406
Gold Stars: 149
Toughest game of the season so far I'd say. Hoping we can get a win which would be absolutely brilliant. A draw I'd be pleased with. If we lose, as long as we contest and give a real go at it l, it's not the end of the world. Their wage bill is probably quadruple ours.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 76
The Yard Dog
October 17, 2022, 11:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from fishboyUTM

He seems to have a bizzare hatred of us. He scored against us a while ago and went out of his way to celebrate wildly in front of our supporters. We got behind him when he was here, we did have the dark cloud of Fenty hanging over us and I suppose it may have transferred to the pitch somewhat, but I don't see what his problem is.

He is a nice lad, took time out to help with school fayre during his time at Town, he was a young lad who was taken in by leeches that hang around footballers.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 76
ska face
October 18, 2022, 10:42am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
Didn’t he have a touch of Harry Pells about him? That was the chant away at Mansfield a few years back, not sure of the background.

Anyway, down to 10 single seats in the home end, 6 restricted views in the Main. Block B not open yet…
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 76
Mariner_09
October 18, 2022, 10:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Suspecting the crowd will be 7,700-8,000. Capacity is 8,400 (as that’s what the attendance for the Forest game was), so you’d expect 400-700 no shows each week, as Bradford have sold out. We need to try and create a good atmosphere and put them under pressure, something we’ve failed to do almost all season at home.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 76
Poojah
October 18, 2022, 11:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,882
Gold Stars: 1,526
Quoted from Mariner_09
Suspecting the crowd will be 7,700-8,000. Capacity is 8,400 (as that’s what the attendance for the Forest game was), so you’d expect 400-700 no shows each week, as Bradford have sold out. We need to try and create a good atmosphere and put them under pressure, something we’ve failed to do almost all season at home.

I’d like to think marginally higher or at least in line with the Forest game, with that being on a Tuesday night bang in the middle of holiday season.

Agree re: atmosphere, it’s been flat at times to the point that Hurst has commented on it. I do though think that it’s easier to generate an atmosphere when there’s a noisy away end, which Bradford should bring, so fingers crossed that helps too.

We’re entering a potentially defining stage of the season; Saturday is a great opportunity to couple a solid home performance with a win, and finally but those questions to bed.

Bradford can’t win 5 on the bounce away from home; can they?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Let's talk about the Bradford game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.