jamesgtfc
October 15, 2022, 8:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,053
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Because he is a goalie who commands his box and he can catch a cross in the his box, which gives confidence to the players in front of him.

It works two ways, the keeper needs confidence in his defence and the defence needs confidence in their keeper. Good distribution is key from a keeper now, he mixes it up well and that ball up to Taylor against Wrexham in the play-offs was absolutely brilliant.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 45
mariner91
October 15, 2022, 9:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,772
Gold Stars: 262
You just feel confident with Crocombe cause he commands the box so well. The defence trust him too. Even at his best I would worry when a cross went in towards McKeown but I love it when it’s knocked in aimlessly now because I know 90% of the time Crocombe will get it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 45
Theimperialcoroner
October 15, 2022, 9:35pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
How old is Crocombe?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 45
Manchester Mariner
October 15, 2022, 9:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,822
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
How old is Crocombe?

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 45
dapperz fun pub
October 15, 2022, 9:42pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,063
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from mariner91
You just feel confident with Crocombe cause he commands the box so well. The defence trust him too. Even at his best I would worry when a cross went in towards McKeown but I love it when it’s knocked in aimlessly now because I know 90% of the time Crocombe will get it.

He’s a massive improvement on the last keeper like the new owners are a massive improvement on the previous owner … and yet many on here defended the keeper and fenty for literally years the many faces of the fishy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 45
wigworld
October 15, 2022, 9:56pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Agree about Crocombe.
Remember Steve Croudson is back in the coaching squad now as well. I'm sure that's enhanced his development a lot.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 45
toontown
October 16, 2022, 3:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
No doubt crocombe is playing sensationally well in terms of claiming almost everything in the 6 yard box and a he'll of a  lot in the penalty area. I have said it before and I will defo say it now - when they got the auto 1 year extensions for appearing a certain no of times I wish crocombe had got the 2 year deal,and I wish efette had got merely whatever was contractually required as I don't think he is up to it.

I think crocombe will be  a league 1 keeper next year - let's hope its with us! At the very least we need to get him signed up to anextension.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 45
aldi_01
October 16, 2022, 7:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The owners and Hurst made a big deal about Croudson coming back, perhaps that’s contributed to Crocombe being as good as he is.

Macca was great and saved us many a time, was part of a side that went up and did the club a great service but the time was right when he was dropped and in truth, Crocombe is a million miles ahead of Macca.

Glennon didn’t put a foot wrong yesterday, even though their goal came down that left hand side, the ball wasn’t cleared sufficiently which kept the attack going.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 45
golfer
October 16, 2022, 8:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

He’s a massive improvement on the last keeper like the new owners are a massive improvement on the previous owner … and yet many on here defended the keeper and fenty for literally years the many faces of the fishy

How can you put those 2 people in the same sentence ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 45
forza ivano
October 16, 2022, 11:08am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Dunno if anyone noticed the v clever gosl kick in the 2nd half..everyone down the rhs for a rhs goal kick. He then hit hard ,low n left for khan to sprint on to. Completely fooled stockport, just  a shame it was a tad overhit.v clever thinking
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crocombe and Glennon

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.