2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
October 15, 2022, 5:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
The club has issued a statement on how the away tickets are allocated, which in the context of things seems fair comment.

"We have listened to the concerns of our supporters regarding the allocation of and the number of tickets we receive for away fixtures.

Our current approach for distributing the allocation is to first make them available to season ticket holders on a one-for-one basis, before moving on to 1878 Club members, Mariners Trust members and then going on unrestricted general sale. We also make two thirds of the tickets available online to supporters and the other third go on sale from the Blundell Park Ticket Office.

So far this season, we feel that this approach has largely been successful, however, we are aware that the allocations we receive will never be enough to satisfy the need of our fantastic away supporters. Our fans travel the length and breadth of the country to follow the Mariners and your support is undoubtedly one of the best in the whole of the EFL – thank you.

We remain committed to constant improvement at the football club and would like to place on record that we are in constant dialogue with the Mariners Trust about how we can improve this experience for our supporters. For example, we increased the number of tickets made available for online purchases to 70% of the allocation following consultation and a monitoring process.

We look forward to seeing over 1,300 Mariners at Stockport County tomorrow.

Thanks again for your fantastic support and understanding. Have a safe journey and UTM!"

https://gtfc.co.uk/away-ticket-allocations/

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
aldi_01
October 15, 2022, 7:27am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Seems fair enough to me. Whilst I’d bang 100% of the tickets online, I do understand we still have a few who’d rather go in the shop.

We’ve generally sold out for the key games or near games this year but not seen the mad scramble we did last year. I suspect cost of living and the likes is a factor in that but once again, we head to Stockport having sold a full allocation. It’s great that times change, I’ve been to Stockport for instance and we’ve only taken 500. I’ve always enjoyed away games much more than home games.

Other than putting all tickets online, I’m not sure how else they can do it. There will be games when only STHs can get one and I guess that’s even the risk when you’ve over 5k STHs. Perhaps they’ll look to a points system and the like but for now, in truth, it’s working.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
lukeo
October 15, 2022, 8:43am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,413
Gold Stars: 149
I think it's sensible how they do it.. Some people (my grandad being one) refuse to do anything online and prefer to do cash in person etc. It also gives the club that slight opportunity that they may pop into the club shop and purchase stuff.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
Limerick Mariner
October 15, 2022, 9:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,745
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from aldi_01
Seems fair enough to me. Whilst I’d bang 100% of the tickets online, I do understand we still have a few who’d rather go in the shop.

We’ve generally sold out for the key games or near games this year but not seen the mad scramble we did last year[b][/b]. I suspect cost of living and the likes is a factor in that but once again, we head to Stockport having sold a full allocation. It’s great that times change, I’ve been to Stockport for instance and we’ve only taken 500. I’ve always enjoyed away games much more than home games.

Other than putting all tickets online, I’m not sure how else they can do it. There will be games when only STHs can get one and I guess that’s even the risk when you’ve over 5k STHs. Perhaps they’ll look to a points system and the like but for now, in truth, it’s working.

I'm expecting a mad scramble for Wimbledon, Mansfield and Harrogate. New ground in London in early December - nailed on sell out. Mansfield is the first game this season within 100 miles, and Harrogate will be a 600 allocation.

I'm banking on a 'don resident getting me home area tickets for that one, Mansfield might scrape into 1878 / Trust sales, Harrogate - only chance is anformer work colleague who lives there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
Mariner_09
October 15, 2022, 9:29am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
I think Harrogate could be a first for me, a game that I want to go to but may not get tickets. I feared that may happen at Wrexham last season in the playoffs but got lucky.

I’m not so sure Wimbledon will sell out. 1,400 or whatever is a hell of a lot of tickets to shift for a South London game in the run up to Christmas, especially given things are tighter than they reckon to be already.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
Son of Cod
October 15, 2022, 2:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
I think Wimbledon will sell out but it'll get to 1878/Trust members or maybe even general sale. Plenty of South East/London based Mariners should ensure we sell that one out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
ska face
October 15, 2022, 2:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
April’s gonna be the big squeeze for away tickets. Bradford, Donny, Tranmere & Stevenage away, with Hartlepool and Mansfield at home on top of that.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
aldi_01
October 16, 2022, 8:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Yeh, Harrogate will be a tricky one and possibly Mansfield. I really don’t see an issue with Wimbledon given where it sits in the season.

April however, if we’re still knocking about the play offs…that’s another story…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
Mariner16
October 16, 2022, 5:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 4
Hartlepool will be less than 700 in 2 weeks time as that's what Bradford and Doncaster got even before Carlisle smashed a few up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
Ashby mariner
October 16, 2022, 6:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
It's a shame teams don't give bigger away allocations, for example Notts last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ticket Allocations For Away Games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.