2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
toontown
October 12, 2022, 12:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Just had a look, I knew Stockport had had a few sending offs (as indeed they did when visiting BP last year which surely cost them the 3 points). In just 12 league games they have had an incredible 4 sending off! To be past the quarter mark ofbthe season and have had a full third of games involve one of your players being sent off is pretty appalling.

They say a team is a reflection of the manager though, so perhaps no surprise that they have turned out to be a tempestuous and ill disciplined side.

I've said before that I was really disappointed to see challinor get a win last Saturday as I think he might have been in the last chance saloon this Saturday if that had been the case. Such a shame that we are unlikely to see the grim reaper wield the scythe now even if we do beat them.

Nothing against Stockport as a club just, well, it's challinor, a complete flipping prize girl private
Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
October 12, 2022, 12:47am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
We had a period when we had a few sent off in a short run of games. Was it 3 or 4?

We also had a player sent off for headbutting his own team mate.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
sonofmadeleymariner
October 12, 2022, 1:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ginnywings
We had a period when we had a few sent off in a short run of games. Was it 3 or 4?

Didn't Conlon manage to do that on his own at one point

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
HertsGTFC
October 12, 2022, 6:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from toontown
Just had a look, I knew Stockport had had a few sending offs (as indeed they did when visiting BP last year which surely cost them the 3 points). In just 12 league games they have had an incredible 4 sending off! To be past the quarter mark ofbthe season and have had a full third of games involve one of your players being sent off is pretty appalling.

They say a team is a reflection of the manager though, so perhaps no surprise that they have turned out to be a tempestuous and ill disciplined side.

I've said before that I was really disappointed to see challinor get a win last Saturday as I think he might have been in the last chance saloon this Saturday if that had been the case. Such a shame that we are unlikely to see the grim reaper wield the scythe now even if we do beat them.

Nothing against Stockport as a club just, well, it's challinor, a complete flipping prize girl private

Looking at the standard of referees you’d have to look at each sending off in isolation.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
diehardmariner
October 12, 2022, 9:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from ginnywings

We also had a player sent off for headbutting his own team mate.

Easy to look back on it now with anything but anger, but it at least gave us two endearing images.

Firstly Giles Coke looking like he's about to rip Payne's head from his shoulders.

[img]https://images.ctfassets.net/pjshm78m9jt4/31K1Lb1NpNpUo3xV48HHGy/1c4b7b72cd3d470b46ecda29cec3b8c7/grimsby1.jpeg?fm=avif&fit=fill&w=830&h=467&q=80[/img]

Then secondly the actual issuing of the red card, with Doig stood next to a sheepish Payne who knows full well he's about to feel the wrath.

[img]https://www.sportinglife.com/images/news/1350x759/6c4bc843-abfe-45f7-a86b-f19837ae805a.jpg[/img]
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
GollyGTFC
October 12, 2022, 11:34am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,064
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from toontown

Have a look at Dave Challinor’s yellow and red card record as a player. He didn’t have a bad record. In fact for a defender to be sent off only once and average about 6 yellow cards per season shows the exact opposite of what you are saying.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 19
pizzzza
October 12, 2022, 11:52am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from diehardmariner

Then secondly the actual issuing of the red card, with Doig stood next to a sheepish Payne who knows full well he's about to feel the wrath.

[img]https://www.sportinglife.com/images/news/1350x759/6c4bc843-abfe-45f7-a86b-f19837ae805a.jpg[/img]

With that ramshackle shed-type building and the empty hose reel it looks like the ref has turned up at Payne's back door to show him that red.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
Southwark Mariner
October 12, 2022, 1:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,562
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from pizzzza

With that ramshackle shed-type building and the empty hose reel it looks like the ref has turned up at Payne's back door to show him that red.

Not sure I'd want Doig to know where I lived
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
immariner
October 12, 2022, 2:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

Not sure I'd want Doig to know where I lived

Hurst would need to know first
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
dapperz fun pub
October 12, 2022, 9:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 84
Keeping on the title of the thread any recommendations for parking in Stockport from our Manchester north west based mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stockport

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.