ska face
October 11, 2022, 4:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from rancido

" Nobody should ever work for free" - your quote. So you don't believe in charity work? I cut my neighbours grass every other week after her husband died until she passed away. Should I have charged her for being a good neighbour and having empathy for an OAP ?

I should get paid for having to read the absolute árse-gravy you post on here.
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 148
October 11, 2022, 7:10pm
Guest User
Christ, don’t think there were this many posts when Buckley last got sacked.
Reply: 111 - 148
Lost in Lincoln
October 12, 2022, 8:14am
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from rancido

" Nobody should ever work for free" - your quote. So you don't believe in charity work? I cut my neighbours grass every other week after her husband died until she passed away. Should I have charged her for being a good neighbour and having empathy for an OAP ?

Not really the same, is it?

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 112 - 148
ginnywings
October 12, 2022, 9:32am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Should I put in an invoice for work on the fanzone?

I could do with a new battery drill.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 148
Jarmo.Is.God
October 12, 2022, 9:41am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from arryarryarry

Not necessarily, the club might be using the excuse of not paying him to not use him anymore.

He isn't the first and probably not the last to be discarded by the club.

He's not been discarded....
He's decided himself to not carry on, and not attend any more games
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 148
rancido
October 12, 2022, 10:12am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,661
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from ska face

I should get paid for having to read the absolute árse-gravy you post on here.

It's all down to opinions but your post implies an intolerance to an opinion contrary to yours.
If you don't like my posts then don't read them or reply to them. Simples ! ( that's from an advert and not an implication about your intellect just to make that point clear. I don't want to go down the personal insulting road that some posters go down.)
By the way, what is " bottom-gravy"?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 148
pen penfras
October 13, 2022, 8:07am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Funny, isn't it. When Andy Carr had almost the exact same situation for Mighty Mariner, everybody jumped on the Fenty bashing wagon, but the most critical then are the ones turning on Lee and not the club.

Fwiw I'm ambivalent about it. If the club can get people to do it for free, then good for them. If he's no longer willing to do it for free, then good for him.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 148
Humbercod
October 13, 2022, 8:30am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,503
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from MarinerRN
I’ll tell you why I feel I should be paid.

Firstly it’s not a hobby, I am a full time professional photographer this is how I earn a living and pay my bills.

It costs me money to photograph games for the club. The club uses my imagery commercially, on the website, social media, matchday programmes etc.

Some of the types of cost incurred by me are as follows:

Camera Equipment
Equipment Insurance
Computer Equipment
Public Liability Insurance
Software Subscriptions
Data Charges
Online Storage
Travel

All of this is expensive, and equipment regularly needs updating.

Prior to a match I spend time creating captions, squad lists and managing digital asset management software to enable me to caption each image with correct metadata to full press standards. This allows for the images to be correctly archived and managed correctly.

On a matchday, all of the above is rechecked and updated to avoid any mistakes. During the game I am capturing, editing, captioning and transmitting images to the club to be used live on the club’s social media accounts. Speed is essential here and I’m sure that you can imagine during a fast-paced game where we are scoring goals and winning its very intense and a hard work. Their seems to be a misconception that we are sat there watching and enjoying the match, this is not the case, its very busy.

After the match, I will collate all of my imagery, check that all the metadata is correct and complete any editing corrections that need to be made. All of the imagery is then uploaded to my website and a link is sent to the club for access. All of this can take a number of hours.

I asked to be fairly compensated for this. The response was that theirs only a budget for one person and it won’t be me, because the club don’t want to be associated with my social media behaviour and the fact I retaliated after being spat on, which was nothing more than me shouting at the people who did it. Not sure what I’ve allegedly done on social media, and they wouldn’t give me an answer. Ok I take the urine and sometimes it’s a bit close to the bone for todays easily offended society but I genuinely don’t believe I’ve done anything bad. I never comment on the club or criticise  them publicly.

We must be the only Matchday staff that have to spend our own money to provide a service/product for the club (that they profit from) who don’t get compensated for it, it’s not right considering the costs and efforts it takes to deliver it.

So rightly so I’m a bit annoyed about it and I have decided that I will no longer be doing it.

Im not the only Club Photographer that has decided to walk away from it.

Lee

UTM

Well said Lee!
The real problem seems to be that your face doesn’t fit.

Which makes their mission statement an absolute joke… to ensure that the club is one with a real sense of community, one with great ambition and one where there’s a tangible connection between fans and the club.😂

This new regime has been good in many ways no doubt but it’s not everything that it’s been cracked up to be. I recently lost/ or had stolen my season pass but this new regime wanted me to pay £20 admin charge for a replacement!

I’ve checked with clubs up and down the leagues from rich Premiership clubs that charge £5 to clubs in non league on the bones of their arses that will replace for free. Me and my son have not been back since!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 148
Hagrid
October 13, 2022, 9:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,523
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from Humbercod

Well said Lee!
The real problem seems to be that your face doesn’t fit.

Which makes their mission statement an absolute joke… to ensure that the club is one with a real sense of community, one with great ambition and one where there’s a tangible connection between fans and the club.😂

This new regime has been good in many ways no doubt but it’s not everything that it’s been cracked up to be. I recently lost/ or had stolen my season pass but this new regime wanted me to pay £20 admin charge for a replacement!

I’ve checked with clubs up and down the leagues from rich Premiership clubs that charge £5 to clubs in non league on the bones of their arses that will replace for free. Me and my son have not been back since!

when i lost my season ticket years ago i had to pay to have it replaced.... is what it is, if your bothered about 20 quid so much that you wont attend games, i pity you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 148
aldi_01
October 13, 2022, 9:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
What an odd reason to not go anymore, one could argue the only person missing out is you? Simply because Man Utd might only charge a fiver…

It’s really simple; he asked for payment for his ‘work’ they refused, they gave a series of reasons, he disagreed.

The now deleted first social media post in someways proves the club right.

All businesses are face fits type of places in some respects so that’s a pointless argument…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 148
15 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lee Blease

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.