10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
sonofmadeleymariner
October 8, 2022, 5:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
1st half we played down to their level and Crawley looked like they were playing a preseason game. Apart from the offside goal I never thought Crawley would score.We scored a fantatsic freekick early on theres not much to say about it.

2nd half we improved,, lovely goals from Holohan and Taylor and Crawley again looked like they were playing a preaeason game and apart from that one moment when Crocombe made that cracking save I never thought they would score. Only disappointment in the 2nd half from me was going so negative at defending setpieces after we scores the 2nd no one high up the pitch and we struggled to clear the ball a little.

Holohan was my MoM. Glennon, Harry, Khan and Taylor also having great games as well.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 96
It Bites
October 8, 2022, 5:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,217
Gold Stars: 266
I went all old school today and just watched the last 10 mins of final score . We won 3-0 so I'm happy. Come on here and you'd think we'd lost 3-0 .
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 96
lukeo
October 8, 2022, 5:43pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,412
Gold Stars: 149
A few times he got the wrong side of his man or let a simple ball through, luckily they was awful... I never shouted or said anything I keep it to myself because I know how important it is to have confidence..
Anyway, strange game from what I could see but some good goals and a great 3 points. Only 2 behind Bradford in 6th?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 96
toontown
October 8, 2022, 5:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Hagrid

What are you talking about efetes few dodgy moments!? He didnt have any. Crowd drunk me off today, any slight delay with Michee, they were on at him

To be fair to him I thought he was better than he has been recently but that's a low bar to set. Was simply mediocre, but not the only one. He did have a couple of really poor moments that I can remember though.

He had that moment were he attempted to control the ball in his own box by putting his foot on it, didnt control it properly and was being closed down by the time he ended up doing a panicked boot up the pitch. He had plenty of time whe  he got the ball but nearly ended up costing us.

He also demonstrated his abysmal crossing, just past the hour mark, time and space again and couldn't even get it simply in a useful area. That's why he is so so reluctant to cross the ball, because he's absolutely dreadful at it and he knows it. Most reluctant crosser of a ball ive seen play at full back, and will normally do anything rather than attempt it. The only cross he can do is when he is free in the box to simply drive it parallel to the goal line.

I know hursty likes him because he's useful at both ends of the pitch for set plays cos of his size and strength but I'd prefer cropper in there when he's back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 96
chipsandgravy
October 8, 2022, 5:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Hagrid

What are you talking about efetes few dodgy moments!? He didnt have any. Crowd drunk me off today, any slight delay with Michee, they were on at him

Actually agree with you. Could hear early on that the crowd jumped on him. Clearly lacking a bit of confidence at the moment and that won't help at all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 96
davmariner
October 8, 2022, 9:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
I thought Efete played really well today. Was solid defensively and linked well in attacking area. He had one hairy moment where he took too long to clear a ball but apart from that he looked good.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 96
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 9, 2022, 10:11am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from It Bites
I went all old school today and just watched the last 10 mins of final score . We won 3-0 so I'm happy. Come on here and you'd think we'd lost 3-0 .

You probably had to be there to appreciate what a poor game and performance it was but a much needed home win, 3 points and a clean sheet so I think most of us who went enjoyed the result not so much how we played an opinion obviously shared by PH given his post match comments.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 96
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crawley Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.