3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
October 5, 2022, 5:10pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Still a couple of days left and plenty of seats. I hope a few more continue to commit to coming to BP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
Norseman
October 5, 2022, 11:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Why are they going via Blyth?

Blyth is a services on the A1 before the M18 turn off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
HertsGTFC
October 6, 2022, 11:24am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,005
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from aldi_01
Our away super hasn’t always been this great consistently and whilst we’ve sold out away allocations this year, there hasn’t been the bun fight expected.

It’s unfair to compare them to us too, historically they’ve just been a pub team, a Clee Town, in an area of the country, having visited numerous times with town, where most folk support a London club. It’s great they get regular attendees but if you were comparing them to teams in our league then it would have to be to the likes of Sutton, Harrogate, Stevenage etc…

I lived there for a year in 2002, made Immingham feel like Vegas, an absolute sh1t hole of a place with so many people who are just pig ignorant. Most football supporters at the time supported Brighton, Palace or Arsenal I would imagine a few of them now support Chelsea.

When I lived there they where in the conference and one of the lads who worked for me used to go home & away, they had a few hundred then who used to do that, on Saturday I think they’ll struggle to bring 100.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
GYinScuntland
October 6, 2022, 11:56am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from Norseman

Blyth is a services on the A1 before the M18 turn off

Yes but surely that's an extra 50 miles and probably 40 minutes more instead of coming off at Newark and taking the A46.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
RichMariner
October 6, 2022, 4:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,164
Gold Stars: 211
Our exiles are a great asset for away games. The club has the support of the local population plus those who have decided to live elsewhere in the UK for various reasons (and there are a lot of us).

I'm in Leeds and I know of at least three others who post on here regularly that live in the area.

I know at least two others at my workplace (employs 500).

Also, once, during lockdown, I walked past a house at the bottom of our road wearing my Town shirt. I'd walked past it many times. A bloke shouted 'Up the Mariners!' from the top window — he was a big Grimsby fan and had no idea another lived a 30-second stroll up the road.

Makes me wonder what our exile numbers will be like for the next generation like my son, who was born in Leeds and won't have the same bonding experience I had with GTFC, i.e. living just a few blocks away from BP.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
Norseman
October 6, 2022, 11:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Yes but surely that's an extra 50 miles and probably 40 minutes more instead of coming off at Newark and taking the A46.

Might be coming up the M1 then M18 .Down to Blyth on the A1 then to Gy via Retford and Gainsborough ..long way round I know but can only think that's what they're doing if stopping at Blyth
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
moosey_club
October 6, 2022, 11:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,318
Gold Stars: 229
All respect for the few that do make it, its their club and they are following it...full respect for that.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
immariner
October 7, 2022, 10:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from RichMariner
Our exiles are a great asset for away games. The club has the support of the local population plus those who have decided to live elsewhere in the UK for various reasons (and there are a lot of us).

I'm in Leeds and I know of at least three others who post on here regularly that live in the area.

I know at least two others at my workplace (employs 500).

Also, once, during lockdown, I walked past a house at the bottom of our road wearing my Town shirt. I'd walked past it many times. A bloke shouted 'Up the Mariners!' from the top window — he was a big Grimsby fan and had no idea another lived a 30-second stroll up the road.

Makes me wonder what our exile numbers will be like for the next generation like my son, who was born in Leeds and won't have the same bonding experience I had with GTFC, i.e. living just a few blocks away from BP.

I know it's a fair bit closer but in my Lincoln employer of 200-odd there were 6 of us at one stage

Quoted from Norseman

Might be coming up the M1 then M18 .Down to Blyth on the A1 then to Gy via Retford and Gainsborough ..long way round I know but can only think that's what they're doing if stopping at Blyth

They won't be stopping at Blyth. As someone else said they clearly just copied and pasted the Doncaster itinerary
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
HerveJosse
October 7, 2022, 11:17am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Poojah

Going to be our lowest league attendance of the season so far by the looks of it. Crawley bringing one man and his dog whilst tickets in the home end appear to be moving slower than they have done; just one block open in the Osmond with plenty of an availability.

Naturally not winning your home games is going to have some effect (and crowds are still above what has been the norm for the last 20 years), but Saturday really is a great opportunity to break the curse. Crawley are in all sorts of disarray as a club right now; we have to take advantage.

Whatever happens from here It’s now been conclusively demonstrated that the demand/interest still exists locally to sustain a football team at a higher level despite the mediocrity of the last 20 years. It’s now down to whether those running the club in all areas can deliver the product.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
aldi_01
October 8, 2022, 7:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from HerveJosse

Whatever happens from here It’s now been conclusively demonstrated that the demand/interest still exists locally to sustain a football team at a higher level despite the mediocrity of the last 20 years. It’s now down to whether those running the club in all areas can deliver the product.

I’d argue they’ve already delivered more in 18 months than the previous idiots managed in 20 years. Even in the limited successes of the previous regime, they were ruined by a moronic owner, ‘what about the orange?’, the jumping up and down dry jumping his bird in the royal box, the running on the pitch to celebrate a promotion and completely taking over from the star man’s limelight, the dismantling of a team to cost cut…you get the point. Even the positives were tarnished.

Since these guys have taken over, the bumps in the road were flattened and the success of last year remains that, followed by a summer of support from fans and club and to be honest, this season has been a joy. Perhaps we’ve lacked something at home but every single game (I don’t count the pizza games) has been a joy to attend and it’s exciting waiting for the next.

The question isn’t about delivery but more about looking to continually build and progress…they clearly have a plan…let’s just keep supporting and it’ll no doubt come to fruition, and if that one doesn’t, they’ll have another and another…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crawley Support

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.