Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 276 Guests

Just Back...on the bus.

This thread currently has 6,685 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
October 1, 2022, 9:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,321
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from barralad

The only yobs I saw were the three "Shameless" wannabes who invaded the pitch from their end.
I can only assume they were referring to the ridiculous and dangerous flare throwing. Four flares at least on  a packed terrace.

You can bet your bottom dollar that will be brushed over by the PR machine of Salford, hence GY yobs appear on BBC.....yet 3 persons can invade and run the full length of the field ...twice...without being challenged or captured by a steward. Our  liaison officer and officials should be raising that.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 37
toontown
October 1, 2022, 9:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Think the 3 at the back worked second half but it started off very shakily indeed - understandable in the circumstances. I'm not sure about it personally. I felt maher struggled with his passing in particular but improved second half.

Clifton was excellent as a wing back, I've said before I think it's possibly his strongest position. Glennon had a mixed game I thought. Holohan played well I thought although a number of times his through ball wasn't quite accurate but he had the right idea, for me hunt had another game were I thought he sometimes tried to force the ball a bit, trying passes that weren't really on but a phenomenal delivery for the goal. Khan looked lively and threatening.

I thought orsi did better at being involved and holding the ball up than pepple who had a woeful second half,and Dennis did well when coming on. Have to say that orsi has to be doing better than he managed for the late chance that cane into him 1 on 1 with the keeper. Richardson again looked to have some nice touches without impacting the game enough.

Max saved us a couple of times, he really has grown into the number 1 spot, he has always been secure at crosses and his distribution but his shot stopping has got better and better.

Overall although I thought Salford were the better team first half in the end we should have won that game, but I would have taken a point before the game. We certainly are a tough proposition for any side away even under the cobbled together circumstances of today. If only we could resolve the home form we'd be real contenders, hopefully we can stay in touch until Mcatee is back and then really push on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 37
moosey_club
October 1, 2022, 9:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,321
Gold Stars: 229
Positives - stopped the losses, away point at a higher placed team, eventually settled into the formation

Negatives - looked all over the shop first 20 -30 mins and while I accept the mitigation of it may have been a last minute formation the defending at times was still schoolboy, chasing the ball leaving unmarked players repeatedly. Looked desperate for a while.
Gave the ball up very cheaply at times today in all areas
Pepple ..a bit like Simmonds last week, looked well off the pace and standard
Salford...just Salford as an entity, constantly feigning players, bullying officials,  they just seem to have really developed a false sense of entitlement that they should get every decision they ask for and are a massive club.

Surprised no one has mentioned Mcatees cameo in the stands first half.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 37
pontoonlew
October 1, 2022, 9:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,098
Gold Stars: 181
Quoted from marinerjase
It’s really boring reading the criticism of team selection and certain players omitted every game. Today for example..yea, although enforced..the movement of Clifton to right full back to contain Touray..vital. He was outstanding, nullified their main threat and even popped up last min in their box. Still think that’s his best position. Waterfall ill..great effort. Salford two wide men first 15 mins were a problem, so you can see why the likes of JMD didn’t start. It’s common sense, certainly away from home. People criticising PHdecisions ..really?? Be careful what you wish for. He’s the right man, at the right time. Perfect fit. And he’s a steely determination to want to get better..want the club to get better..and it is..it doesn’t happen overnight. Let him manage.

Same people moaning about strikers..why?? It can’t change..it is what it is..do you slag them off every week or do you try help them in being supportive? Yes I get the ‘irritation’ of loan players selected ahead of ‘our’ players..but it’s up to individuals to force their way in. Away from home it’s worked in how we set up..the target man up top..so I get Pepple starting today..yes..he didn’t perform, but it made sense. And the starting line up is rarely the same as the end line up..ie options..adapt..react.

Salford never threatened us second half..had a bit of the ball but only one side looked like going to win it..us. And they’re amongst the favourites..money behind them etc etc -

Really do think a bit of perspective needed at times..we’re mid table..comfortably do..and yes..improvement to come..(home) ..but we will.. there’s the likes of Morris to come back, who can hopefully fulfill the stopper/holding midfield role..and release Hunt or whoever..there’s McAtee to come back (let’s enjoy it for the rest of time here) ..peoples form will pick up, others drop..others come in. Squad game. And we’ve a decent squad with options for first time in years. We might need to strengthen up top in January, we might not.. but the option there..just wish some would appreciate where we are in relation to where we were not so long back. (Not necessarily on here..social media in general)

It’s all good. The club going in the right direction. Too the few who get frustrated/or who like to have a dig at the manager just because..look at Scunny..look at Rochdale..Gillingham..

Stick with them. Back them..seen enough of the sides in this league to appreciate we aren’t far away. And we can get better.

UTM.

Where are you reading all this criticism?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 37
wuffing
October 1, 2022, 9:37pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +851
Gold Stars: 40
Thought Salford keeper was really good and had a good game.

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 37
Vance Warner
October 1, 2022, 9:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,832
Gold Stars: 106
First game of the season for me today and left feeling very reassured. Probably the most organised town side I can remember without the ball. Baffling to me how after being positionally excellent as a team all game there are still town fans slagging off players for not sprinting to close their defenders down on their own. Do that and the whole system breaks down.

Some of our play at times was excellent. The back 3 were solid and I thought Maher did well after initially being unconvinced he could play on the left. The midfield 3 worked tremendously hard and Khan had clearly ran himself into the ground. More pace up front would give us more attacking threat and unfortunately I don’t think Pepple is the answer.

The future’s bright it’s black and white
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 37
Lost in Lincoln
October 1, 2022, 10:03pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from chipsandgravy
Thought the three at the back worked..eventually. To be honest I really enjoyed the game today. Both teams could have won it and there was little difference between the sides and given Salfords position and current run we can take great credit for the draw.
What I didn't enjoy was the 2 mile ruddy walk to the ground and having to have a pee in a shipping container.

Kinell, where did you park?!

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 37
marinerjase
October 1, 2022, 10:10pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,682
Gold Stars: 147
Quoted from pontoonlew

Where are you reading all this criticism?

As said..generally not on here but on various social media such as Twitter/Facebook prior/during/ after on a match day. Some can’t wait to jump in..

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 37
thefish
October 1, 2022, 10:20pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,255
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from barralad

The only yobs I saw were the three "Shameless" wannabes who invaded the pitch from their end.
I can only assume they were referring to the ridiculous and dangerous flare throwing. Four flares at least on  a packed terrace.

To be fair to them, they looked more threatening on the pitch than Pepple did today…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 37
Lost in Lincoln
October 1, 2022, 10:30pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from thefish

To be fair to them, they looked more threatening on the pitch than Pepple did today…

I did find it amusing that the stewards in front of us seemed hell bent on stopping town fans banging on the metal hoardings, yet were powerless to stop 3 children running the full length of the pitch.  Twice 🤷🏻‍♂️

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back...on the bus.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.