1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
DB
September 25, 2022, 12:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
I don't think we've had a week for a long time with potential problems to look forward to. Following Saturday's defeat we have Carlise on Tuesday, so will the team recover their team spirit, composure and professionalism? Then Salford away on Saturday, not an easy task having only beaten them once in 4 goes. Is Ryan Bennett going to sign for us?

Then the ultimate question is, will Rotherham come knocking at the door?

6 days till 5.00 pm on Saturday is a long time but I hope firstly that Hurst Stays, 6 points and Bennett signs; positive and optimistic as ever!

https://thefishy.co.uk/resultsbreakdown.php?team=Salford

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
marinerjase
September 25, 2022, 12:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,682
Gold Stars: 147
Imperative Hurst stays imho, think we’ll get a win Tuesday and I’d take a point at Salford.

We are in a good place though..the mere fact people are disappointed/frustrated yesterday - against a side (I know it’s changed) that lost in Play offs last year - is wierdly a measure of our progress.

I watched first half of Northampton v Stockport yesterday..Northampton right up there but we’re as good, if not better than them. (Incidentally that first home game…when we prob deserved to beat them..that game turned out differently we might be in even better position now..fine lines and all that..) Stockport looked a shadow of the side they were last season.

We’re not a million miles away at all..

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
Wiley2405
September 25, 2022, 12:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
I’d be very surprised to see Bennett sign within the week. Don’t get me wrong I’d love to get it done but I think first and foremost we are just helping him out for the time being with potentially a view to doing something in the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
lukeo
September 25, 2022, 1:18pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Minimum 2 points. I'd take a win and lose now if it was offered to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
Poojah
September 25, 2022, 1:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,880
Gold Stars: 1,523
Quoted from marinerjase
Imperative Hurst stays imho, think we’ll get a win Tuesday and I’d take a point at Salford.

If, in a week’s time, Rotherham have a new manager that’s not Hurst and Town have a further 4 points in the bag I’ll be absolutely cóck-a-hoop.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
Mariner_09
September 25, 2022, 1:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
I think Tuesday will be a tough game, they’ve only lost once all season. Funnily enough, I’m pretty relaxed about next Saturday, we’re due some luck at Salford after our last two trips.

Regarding Hursty to Rotherham, I’m conflicted. I don’t like that tweet of Debbie Cook saying she’s signing off Twitter, I didn’t like the way Humberside relentlessly covered it pre and post match yesterday, as if they knew something we didn’t. On the other hand, there has barely been any noise on social media.

Bennett isn’t signing.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
September 25, 2022, 10:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
I just cant wait for each game to come, just have this feeling that its going to really come together at some point and we could put an even better run together. Maybe im overly optimistic, but hoping swindon has forced a few changes and we get to see a bit more of what the squad can do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Forthcoming Week

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.