Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby Borough FC...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 239 Guests

Grimsby Borough FC...

This thread currently has 3,387 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
ncfc_chalky
September 17, 2022, 9:32pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 58
I've got a mate (it's true Poojah) who follows Carlton Town FC and I sometimes go to a few games with him,anyroad I decided to have a look at their league to see how they was doing and noticed that both Grimsby Borough and Cleethorpes Town are in the same league as Carlton,does anyone on here watch them,is there a big rivalry?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
September 17, 2022, 9:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,519
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from ncfc_chalky
I've got a mate (it's true Poojah) who follows Carlton Town FC and I sometimes go to a few games with him,anyroad I decided to have a look at their league to see how they was doing and noticed that both Grimsby Borough and Cleethorpes Town are in the same league as Carlton,does anyone on here watch them,is there a big rivalry?

No rivalry whatsoever
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
SteffiMariner
September 17, 2022, 9:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from ncfc_chalky

Absolutely no rivalry due to the massive gap between the clubs, bit like Forest and County.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
WetFlannel
September 17, 2022, 10:21pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
To clarify I think he means between Borough and Clee, and the answer is still not really, Borough are more of a community team where those who watch are part of their huge youth initiatives whereas Clee do have a bit more of a ‘fanbase’ but it’s friendly between both.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
ncfc_chalky
September 17, 2022, 10:25pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from WetFlannel
To clarify I think he means between Borough and Clee, and the answer is still not really, Borough are more of a community team where those who watch are part of their huge youth initiatives whereas Clee do have a bit more of a ‘fanbase’ but it’s friendly between both.

Absolutely right,I meant between the two clubs that are in the same league,thanks for clearing that up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
WetFlannel
September 17, 2022, 10:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
No worries, Borough’s promotion to that level was a surprise out of nowhere last year because they usually struggle at the level below. Cleethorpes seem to be the team of choice for quite a few of those who want a game to watch when they can’t make a Grimsby away game etc and so have a small but not insignificant (natural) fanbase where a few would consider themselves supporters (albeit almost all are Grimsby Town fans primarily), whereas I’ve personally never come across anyone who would consider themselves a Grimsby Borough supporter, and although you do sometimes see kids with a Grimsby Borough shirt on etc, it’s related to the fact they have a bit of a youth system so it’ll be the kids own team’s shirt as opposed to a replica.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
ncfc_chalky
September 17, 2022, 10:50pm
Beer Drinker
That's exactly the answer that I was looking for Wetflannel,thanks

Please find a ⭐enclosed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
dapperz fun pub
September 18, 2022, 7:48am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,061
Gold Stars: 84
No rivalry but slightly awkward for Clee town considering how well backed they are financially compared to gy boro and they find themselves in the same league
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
jimgtfc
September 18, 2022, 8:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,104
Gold Stars: 46
Ask any of the borough players if there’s a rivalry between them and clee and you might get a different story. They can’t wait to play them. They’ll probably get hammered though.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
chelseacity
September 18, 2022, 10:09am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +364
Gold Stars: 9
I have a GTFC season ticket, but i also go to Cleethorpes Town FC games when i don't go to a Town match, it's a lovely stadium with a fantastic garden seating area & a big bar with football on, i also go to watch Grimsby Borough FC a few times a year. both great clubs with real genuine football fans, yes most of their supporters are GTFC fans as well, rivalry obviously exits between Cleethorpes Town FC & Grimsby Borough FC but not in a bad way, ive seen some cracking matches at both of these clubs. If you get chance you should go down & watch them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby Borough FC...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.