Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 240 Guests

Just Back  (merged)

This thread currently has 12,172 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
September 17, 2022, 9:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,533
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Grimsby2012

To be expected when we don't have a proper striker.

Honestly, you are a complete spanner...why don't you do us all a favour and f@ck off and support Scunny
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 65
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
September 17, 2022, 9:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Colchester are going down arent they. Based on their last few years, the fans seem devoid of hope and interest, purely down to the barebones of the fanbase, one fan abusing hurst all game for whatever reason. Quite a few recognisable football league names in their team but clearly all finished names. I dont think theyll find that lift when they need it this time round. Never wish it on any club apart from scunny, just always seems to be the same story for the clubs that go down
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 65
Mariner_501
September 17, 2022, 9:56pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
While it doesn’t bother me personally, it’s weird how you can get downvoted on here for posting literal facts, just because people can’t handle it lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 65
Rodley Mariner
September 17, 2022, 9:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 180
In the 97/98 season we scored 55 goals in 46 games. Our highest scoring striker was Lee Nogan with 8. Jack Lester scored 4 league goals in 40 appearances.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 65
sonofmadeleymariner
September 17, 2022, 10:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
We were very average today, but thats all we needed to get the win in the end. Isn't the saying something like a good teams win even when they don't play well.

First half it seemed we were too deep defensively and too narrow and let them cross the ball for fun and up top we were wasteful with our passes, made poor decisions and our movement was static and made Colchester look alot better then they were.

Second half was much improved, we seemed to press a little higher, catching Colchesters strikers a number of times with an intentional offside trap and while our passing didn't greatly improve up top our decision making and movement certainly did. A great goal from Clifton to add a cherry on top, Smith was magnificent (we need to stop allowing Hull to come and watch him somehow), I also thought Holohan had his best game of ther season today.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 65
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
September 17, 2022, 10:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from MaccasBoots
I really hope we stop hearing all this nonsense about how Hurst "has to play Clifton through the middle" because "he's wasted on the left!"

Clearly his best position for us, long may it continue UTM

That came from when we were playing a 4-5-1 and he was wide attacking left. Were now back to the tactics of last season and clifton is doing the same role in the same position as last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 65
lukeo
September 18, 2022, 3:41am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
I couldn't care less if we only score 46 goals all season. Aslong as we keep coming out of games with 1 or 3 points..  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 65
FPVmariner
September 18, 2022, 6:37am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 23
Colchester are going down arent they. Based on their last few years, the fans seem devoid of hope and interest, purely down to the barebones of the fanbase, one fan abusing hurst all game for whatever reason. Quite a few recognisable football league names in their team but clearly all finished names. I dont think theyll find that lift when they need it this time round. Never wish it on any club apart from scunny, just always seems to be the same story for the clubs that go down

Quoted from the Colchester forum ‘ We should not be struggling again against these poor teams’.  If we’re ‘poor’ what the fûck are they?  I’m all in favour of a bit of arrogance……….if it’s justified.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 65
lukeo
September 18, 2022, 6:40am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,419
Gold Stars: 149
I'm quite happy for us to be called poor only losing once in 8.
Swindon at home will be tough, I'm predicting a draw, they love a draw at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 65
Abdul19
September 18, 2022, 7:26am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,616
Gold Stars: 220
So do we (at home)!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.