This thread currently has 12,870 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
September 18, 2022, 12:30pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
Only a couple of weeks ago people were slagging Clifton off….
I’m all for letting players know if they are half arsed and not giving a excrement about the team. None of this lot even remotely are like that and as such, they’ll get the support they deserve, Taylor included.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 110
Youngy
September 18, 2022, 12:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 9
I think the mark of Taylor's quality is the amount of games he's played at league 2 or higher without having a highly prolific record.

32 games in the Championship for Bristol City
100 games in League One
264 in League Two including 119 at Rotherham and 55 at Portsmouth

He's played 497 career games with a goal scoring record of less then a goal every 7 games but the appearances stats is more telling. You don't play that many games as a forward without having some quality.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 110
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
September 18, 2022, 1:58pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from 1mickylyons
I wonder sometimes what game people are watching?
Taylor held the ball up played in other players and made the quality pass for the goal.A consumate professional and probably one of the first names on the team sheet? Over the course of the Season he won't score a bagful of goals but I bet he gets the really important ones and the 3 young forwards we currently have will all learn.

I've watched Taylor with these young players. He is brilliant with them, constantly talking to them almost training them during the game. There was a moment with Pepple when he had missed a good chance and was almost distraught in the box, it was Taylor who got him up and spoke to him and re-assured him. He didn't have a go at him, he taught him. Next time take a look at how he is with these young lads, as well as being IMHO, a class act in his own right.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 110
HertsGTFC
September 18, 2022, 2:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,018
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from 123614

No, I know what my post said, I said he was a great asset to the team but I don't think he is a LW.  I never said that Clifton added nothing or that he wasn't worth a starting place.  Neither did I write any abusive posts to other contributors to that thread.  Some people need to get their facts right.

You’re correct that’s how I recall it, but others jumped on your bandwagon.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 110
HerveJosse
September 18, 2022, 2:49pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,211
Gold Stars: 145
He is coming to the end of a long playing career he can still do some things but can’t do others and we are squeezing every last ounce out of him. When we have a better option he will be out. Until then he deserves gratitude for what he has helped us achieve since he came not criticism about the bits he can’t do any longer..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 110
Poojah
September 18, 2022, 2:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,899
Gold Stars: 1,527
I think the time Taylor will be appreciated most will be when he is unavailable. He’s a classy if not prolific number 9; not many players at this level would have thought of nor executed the pass for Clifton’s winner yesterday.

He’s one of the players I’d be most disappointed not to see in our starting lineup, admittedly in part due to our lack of like-for-like replacement and I think he’ll bring even more up the table once McAtee returns.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 110
chaos33
September 18, 2022, 3:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,000
Gold Stars: 362
Some people with strong opinions either don’t know much about football, or have an unrealistic and/or entitled attitude. Or both. This is what has happened with both Clifton and Taylor. Bit embarrassing.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 110
DB
September 18, 2022, 4:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from monkeyboy
Sorry his legs have gone for me and he offers very little.
Just saying what most are thinking.

The only person who thinks for me is the wife, and I'm not married to you.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 110
It Bites
September 18, 2022, 5:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,217
Gold Stars: 266
To summarise. If the Team sheet came out and either Taylor Crocombe Waterfall were missing I'd be worried. The squad has enough depth now but they haven't all got what those 3 have
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 110
Mariner_09
September 18, 2022, 5:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from It Bites
To summarise. If the Team sheet came out and either Taylor Crocombe Waterfall were missing I'd be worried. The squad has enough depth now but they haven't all got what those 3 have

Waterfall has had a low key excellent reintroduction to League football. He’s been solid and the more commanding of our CB’s, who are a top partnership at this level. You wouldn’t know it was the same player who looked like bambi on ice in the relegation season.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 110
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Taylor

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.