3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
September 13, 2022, 2:28pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
Very few tickets left in the Pontoon

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mayaman
September 13, 2022, 3:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
UTM!  Feel like I missed my fix.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
Poojah
September 13, 2022, 4:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,878
Gold Stars: 1,523
14 years ago to this very day this happened to Gillingham…

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/7602072.stm

I fancy us to deliver a similar shoeing to someone, soon, I really do.

Tomorrow will be 1 year to the day since that great night at home to Wrexham. How time flies. Not my favourite Town v Wrexham game of last season, obviously.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
Hagrid
September 13, 2022, 4:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from Poojah

Tomorrow will be 1 year to the day since that great night at home to Wrexham. How time flies. Not my favourite Town v Wrexham game of last season, obviously.

ben davies with 2
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
The_Laughing_Mariner
September 13, 2022, 4:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,047
Gold Stars: 10
That sounds bad,  must have been a thriller, but its all history now.
Notice our first team coach got a couple and simeon Jackson a one-time loanee played for the gills

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
Poojah
September 13, 2022, 4:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,878
Gold Stars: 1,523
Quoted from Hagrid

ben davies with 2

Good spot. I just got as far as the Michael Jackson header and couldn’t get past imagining this character bulleting one in from the edge of the box…

[img]https://www.nme.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/boselectajackson_paphotos_L50809-1.jpg[/img]

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
DB
September 13, 2022, 5:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from Poojah

We do have a prediction of 6-0 for Town for tonight, predictions close 5.45 pm, if you want to better it you can still do so.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
IlkleyMariner
September 13, 2022, 5:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,034
Gold Stars: 69
Tonight could be a pivotal match.
Doubtful we will win 6-0, I’ll take 1-0

Last year we were two divisions apart and they have an experienced manager.
PH absolutely right. Don’t get complacent.
If we win tonight and Saturday we should all hope for a playoff finish or better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
Gaffer58
September 13, 2022, 5:56pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Let’s just take one game at a time,remember our hiccup last season after a great start.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
Meza
September 13, 2022, 6:06pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,650
Gold Stars: 50
[tweet]1569732708451991553[/tweet]

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
It Bites
September 13, 2022, 6:15pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,215
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Meza
[tweet]1569732708451991553[/tweet]

It's what the seats are there for . To keep supporters safe .
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
aldi_01
September 13, 2022, 6:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Don’t you flipping dare enjoy yourselves at the match…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
DB
September 13, 2022, 6:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
The pontoon holds about 1,800. When we went to the London Stadium many fans were standing during the game and also blocking walkways.

Presumably, the same laws apply there, but they won't be threatened with punishment. Laws for the Prem and laws for the smaller clubs.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
Maringer
September 13, 2022, 7:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
As somebody who got some painful bruises after getting shoved over when standing in a seating area at Manchester Arena (Depeche Mode gig), I'm sympathetic to enforcement in these situations. One of my mates, similarly shoved, almost went over the balcony which would have meant a 30 foot fall onto a crowd of people. Just luck that he didn't.

Standing in seated areas isn't the same as standing on a terrace where you can actually move your feet to stop yourself falling if nudged/pushed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
Gaffer58
September 13, 2022, 9:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
I would have thought it was the Osmond where people are standing as that’s the away end, I would guess that the majority of away ends have at least 50% standing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
September 13, 2022, 10:48pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Games gone for the normal supporter, no swearing and no standing, brilliant

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
petethemariner
September 13, 2022, 11:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Whats the situation with installing safe standing now? If its allowed we should explore it if its means stopping the matchday atmosphere turning into a morgue, i admire the young lads in the corner of the Ponny trying to create a raucous atmosphere when yoiu consider they are stood next to thin air in the void that is the corner of the ground  alongside them and now they are expected to  do it
whilst seated as well, they are not getting in spectators way because 99% of them are stood anyway, its all gone too far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
September 14, 2022, 11:42am
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from petethemariner
Whats the situation with installing safe standing now? If its allowed we should explore it if its means stopping the matchday atmosphere turning into a morgue, i admire the young lads in the corner of the Ponny trying to create a raucous atmosphere when yoiu consider they are stood next to thin air in the void that is the corner of the ground  alongside them and now they are expected to  do it
whilst seated as well, they are not getting in spectators way because 99% of them are stood anyway, its all gone too far.

Agreed, everybody knows that block is full of kids that stand and sing so your normal beetroot sandwich eater will not be sitting there anyway. The atmosphere at BP is bad enough as it is without making it worse by enforcing a  sitting down policy

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
male private Nale
September 14, 2022, 11:54am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -925
Gold Stars: 136
Jesus Christ, talk about creating a Nanny State within our club.

I know our CEO dresses and interviews like a CBBC presenter but don't treat us like kids.

Do not swear.

You are allowed to be excited but not the point where you will leave your designated seating area.

You are being watched, failure to comply WILL result in serious repercussions for the club but more importantly YOU!

If this is what supporting your club has become then leave it to the beetroot brigade, last night's atmosphere must have been music to the board's ears.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
davmariner
September 14, 2022, 11:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from male private Nale

I know our CEO dresses and interviews like a CBBC presenter but don't treat us like kids.

Do not swear.

You are allowed to be excited but not the point where you will leave your designated seating area.

You are being watched, failure to comply WILL result in serious repercussions for the club but more importantly YOU!

If this is what supporting your club has become then leave it to the beetroot brigade, last night's atmosphere must have been music to the board's ears.

No need to be personal or abusive.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
male private Nale
September 14, 2022, 12:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -925
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from davmariner

No need to be personal or abusive.

That isn't abusing anybody it's my perception of how she comes across in the interviews, with big stripey clothes and an over excitable presence she appears , in my view, akin to a Children's TV presenter.

No need to be offended on behalf of others.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
gtfc_chris
September 14, 2022, 12:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,519
Gold Stars: 118
https://sgsa.org.uk/

This link may offer some degree of information as to why the Club need to make requests of this nature.

On the homepage it pretty sets out that the Club have a responsibility under H&S Act among others to ensure safety of spectators during matches.

Whether anyone likes it or not, whether anyone agrees with it or not, regardless of the view of what is/isn't considered dangerous, this isn't a decision for the Club to make. They get the advice and information from the SGSA and they have a DUTY to ensure it happens.

I'm willing to guarantee that if the Pontoon was forced to close by the SGSA because the Club told them to stick it, they're with Dave who likes to stand at matches, Dave would be fuming at the Club for losing his chosen seat. The Club MUST - at the very least - be seen to do all they can to adhere to the rules set out. Only drama is Dave also doesn't like being told he has to sit.

Safe standing has to be the preferred route forward I think, but until that point, if fans in that area keep defying the request they can't have any complaints of the Club should they get fined or the stand closed. Refer above to whether anyone likes or agrees with it. If you want to push the issue I would suggest the SGSA should be the ones to feel your ire.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
ginnywings
September 14, 2022, 12:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from male private Nale

Do not swear.

Classic case of shooting the messenger.  

They are simply pointing out their responsibilities and passing on the rules of others.

Perhaps you would prefer the stand to be shut if the powers that be come down hard?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
September 14, 2022, 1:50pm
Snakebite drinker
Ok but unless you want BP to be even more of a morgue than it is, let’s give those two blocks of the ponny to the Yoof and make it safe standing.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
petethemariner
September 14, 2022, 9:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
I take it that the FA will be rigourously applying the same rules to both the Manchester clubs (among others) that have been routinely standing up for years.
I very much doubt it, like so much in this country these days, one rule for the elite and another for the 'minions'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
MarinerDevil
September 14, 2022, 10:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,811
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from MuddyWaters

From what I know and messages I received last week, things are not all that they seem.

We've heard this before and nothing materialised from it. The new 'regime' is generally well-liked because we're performing well on and off the pitch at the moment, but of course you can criticise them if you feel they've done something wrong; they don't censor this forum. You'll probably just find that others will disagree with you when the club appears to be improving.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tonight

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.