Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 267 Guests

Just back...

This thread currently has 1,478 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
gtfc98
August 30, 2022, 8:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.73
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,061
Gold Stars: 68
...on my computer after watching on ifollow.

Not as bad as the scoreline suggested, 2 goals just before half time killed us.

The first was a comedy of errors, not Smith's finest moment in his town career so far. Looked really light up top with Pepple on his own, he can't play that lone striker role and looks a threat with someone alongside him but a little lost on his own. Thought JMD worked hard, put some quality balls into the box and hopefully has put himself back into contention. Pearson slotted in well, composed on the ball and won everything. Cropper.... if it wasn't for the throw (which wasn't effective without Waterfall) you wouldn't want him in the team. Khouri, I just don't see it. Every time he plays he looks like a kid in a mens team, but the 2 year contract suggests that Hurst sees something that I don't. At 19 he needs to be pressing on now, I hope he does. In contrast I thought Braithwaite coming on to make his debut looked great. He's a good size, athletic and played some really nice balls out, looks an exciting prospect. Orsi looked decent when he came on, with a decent header back across goal which someone really should have followed in to tap home. He does look like a natural scorer and hope he gets his chance from the start on Saturday. All in all 3-1 probably flattered derby somewhat but they did deserve to win the game.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.