ska face
August 30, 2022, 4:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
So if we get to the final at Wembley will you go?

Think a lot will !

Couldn’t think of anything worse.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 66
MarinerDevil
August 30, 2022, 4:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,811
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from DaleH

I do not see it as a serious threat, and I don't think there will ever come a day where we see changes to the EFL to introduce Premier League B teams. So in summary, I'm happy with it now, whereas previously I was on the fence.

I can't agree, it was only six years ago that the EFL tried to bring forward its 'Whole Game Solution' that would have introduced a 'League 3' with some Premier League B Teams involved. It was only scrapped because the FA refused to move Cup games to Tuesday nights.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sp.....up-ties-midweek.html

There is absolutely a wedge here and I personally won't be supporting the competition while there are B teams involved, which is a shame as I like the regionalised group format. Others are free to support it if they wish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 66
golfer
August 30, 2022, 6:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
I'll be watching tonight because I want to
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 66
Bristol Mariner
August 30, 2022, 6:09pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
So if we get to the final at Wembley will you go?

Think a lot will !

V Lincoln

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 66
ginnywings
August 30, 2022, 7:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from DaleH
Personally I think the time for boycotting this competition is over, and we need to accept it for what it is. Things move on in football and you have to move with changing times.

I also think there are positives to be gained from the competition, which is why I will continue to support it. One of those positives is the chance for our management teams to try other things themselves and other players. But a big one for me is that it also gives our management team the chance to see youth team players coming through at Premier League and Championship clubs and to build opportunities for loans and future signings. You cannot underestimate that opportunity to network, and we've seen already how valuable relationships can be in forming solid routes to get loan players in.

I do not see it as a serious threat, and I don't think there will ever come a day where we see changes to the EFL to introduce Premier League B teams. So in summary, I'm happy with it now, whereas previously I was on the fence.

And this is how it happens. Slowly but surely, over a period of time, people get used to something and find it easier to accept. The wedge is driven home and a once hated idea becomes the norm.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 66
grimps
August 30, 2022, 7:17pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,173
Gold Stars: 46
I’d like to watch but it’s not working for overseas again 😫

This Mariners TV is shite I’ve still not managed to see one game yet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 66
Deckhand
August 30, 2022, 7:30pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: -130
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from ska face

Right so clubs and fans are currently being blackmailed into accepting B Teams and have to cheer along and clap their hands to avoid being punished financially down the line. Almost as if it’s the thin end of the wedge all along.

Would like to see in black & white where it says the solidarity payments and TV deals are contingent on allowing B Teams into the pizza cup, gotta say it sounds like something you’ve made up.  

THERES NO B TEAMS THEY ARE U21 TEAMS ANOTHER IDIOT THAT CANT READ 🤣🤣🤣😜

I don’t think anyone would shed a tear if this dogshít competition become “financially unviable”. How long do fans have to wait and continue to be backed into a corner by the money men before they’re allowed to take a stand?

The only reason the European Super League didn’t go ahead was because it was reputationally toxic to the big 6 - the aim of the original boycott was to do the same to all Prem clubs competing as well as the competition, organisers and sponsors.

People should keep up whatever pressure they can to really show this competition up as a farce, including boycotts and speaking out against it in whatever forum they can. Otherwise in a few years you’ll still be wittering on about how we’re going to find the money that the clubs will lose if we don’t accept Prem B teams in the league.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 66
Deckhand
August 30, 2022, 7:31pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: -130
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from ska face

Right so clubs and fans are currently being blackmailed into accepting B Teams and have to cheer along and clap their hands to avoid being punished financially down the line. Almost as if it’s the thin end of the wedge all along.

Would like to see in black & white where it says the solidarity payments and TV deals are contingent on allowing B Teams into the pizza cup, gotta say it sounds like something you’ve made up.  

THERES NO B TEAMS THEY ARE U21 TEAMS ANOTHER IDIOT THAT CANT READ 🤣🤣🤣😜

I don’t think anyone would shed a tear if this dogshít competition become “financially unviable”. How long do fans have to wait and continue to be backed into a corner by the money men before they’re allowed to take a stand?

The only reason the European Super League didn’t go ahead was because it was reputationally toxic to the big 6 - the aim of the original boycott was to do the same to all Prem clubs competing as well as the competition, organisers and sponsors.

People should keep up whatever pressure they can to really show this competition up as a farce, including boycotts and speaking out against it in whatever forum they can. Otherwise in a few years you’ll still be wittering on about how we’re going to find the money that the clubs will lose if we don’t accept Prem B teams in the league.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 66
ska face
August 30, 2022, 7:39pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
Do you want another try?
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 66
Poojah
August 30, 2022, 7:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,889
Gold Stars: 1,527
Trying to use this game as a dry run for hopefully getting future games streaming to my TV as simply as possible. I was planning to use my iPad Pro to Airplay directly to my Apple TV, however whilst my iPhone seems to allow that function quite easily, the video on my iPad doesn’t seem to give me that option.

As a workaround, I’ve tried streaming from Chrome on my iPhone then using Safari to browse sites (such as the Fishy, and most definitely not anything filthy) during the game. This works ok, however things like the video ads present on the Fishy play automatically and interrupt the stream.

Anyone more tech savvy than I have a good solution?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Derby game Live Stream

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.