DB
August 17, 2022, 5:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.38
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
Can't quite believe what I'm reading of course the seat is the season ticket holders for the rearranged game..

Consider a different viewpoint. Somebody orders a ticket for the Carlise game and is given a seat, he/she does not know where the seat came from because the club supplied the seat. The game is rearranged and he/she is entitled to the seat they have paid for by the law of contract.

Unfortunately, the law doesn't deal with things being fair, which is why I said that it all depends upon the terms and conditions of purchase.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 78
oochiad
August 17, 2022, 5:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,724
Gold Stars: 28
Totally unnecessary your appalling aggressive rant Kris2 and unite simply wrong. With your attitude then no one will relinquish there seat if they can’t make it, the club will clearly miss out and it’s obviously goodwill on the season ticket holders part. The person who bought the resale ticket should get a refund, it’s their problem that they didn’t make a commitment for a season ticket and were very fortunate to get the opportunity last night but with the hand of god they didn’t get to see the full game, a refund for them and that should be the end of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 78
codcheeky
August 17, 2022, 5:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,263
Gold Stars: 31
I think the club will be obliged to offer refunds to those who bought a returned season ticket and perhaps a priority booking opportunity for the rearranged fixture.  There is no way season ticket holders should lose out on this scenario unless they have sold their seats privately for financial gain
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 78
Zmariner
August 17, 2022, 5:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from supertown

That’s bull, they gave them up for no reward at all . If you think the purchaser will get the ticket then that would encourage STH to just leave their seat empty . Wouldn’t make sense

Exactly we would leave the seats empty , Somebody said earlier give the purchaser priority and in getting a new ticket and a refund as well. Common sense prevails
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 78
jamesgtfc
August 17, 2022, 5:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Kris2

Stop sucking yourself off acting like you did the club a favour for a minute and maybe you'd see sense. You decided to take a holiday, you decided to release your ticket yourself meaning the ticket can be sold by the club again. The ticket was sold and the purchaser of said ticket that YOU GAVE UP has the right to either a refund or to take their seat that they purchased failing because YOU GAVE IT UP.

Maybe if you write another rant and get in the local papers they'll give you another seat that you can take if you don't go on holiday again at a time when the country is struggling financially, Must be nice to be able to take a holiday.  

When Poojah has stopped sucking himself off and sent you the video by DM so you can perfect your technique, don't be surprised if STHs think twice about surrendering it next time.

I can see both sides of the argument, luckily it isn't the Forest game we are talking about so I'm sure everyone will be happy with the outcome once the fixture is rearranged.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 78
Grantham_Mariner
August 17, 2022, 5:28pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,204
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from DB

Consider a different viewpoint. Somebody orders a ticket for the Carlise game and is given a seat, he/she does not know where the seat came from because the club supplied the seat. The game is rearranged and he/she is entitled to the seat they have paid for by the law of contract.

Unfortunately, the law doesn't deal with things being fair, which is why I said that it all depends upon the terms and conditions of purchase.

I think you will find that contract law allows the seller to supply goods of equal or better value if the original is no longer available, or a refund if you do not accept that. So I think you will find the club will offer anyone who purchased a season ticket holders seat a refund or a different seat.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 78
MuddyWaters
August 17, 2022, 5:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Question for Kris2.

Would you rather non attending STHs give up their seat for resale or give it up to a mate or, worse still, sell its use to someone else?
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 78
ginnywings
August 17, 2022, 6:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Give the resale ST buyers a refund and let them buy another ticket somewhere else, or keep their admission if they cannot attend or don't want to sit elsewhere. It'll be a night game and there will be spaces available.

Simple and everybody happy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 78
aldi_01
August 17, 2022, 6:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
It’s really flipping simple. The STH gets their seat as normal. The person who bought the resale seat (how many out of interest?) gets dibs on a ticket elsewhere or a refund.

Simple.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 78
Kris2
August 17, 2022, 6:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from oochiad
Totally unnecessary your appalling aggressive rant Kris2 and unite simply wrong. With your attitude then no one will relinquish there seat if they can’t make it, the club will clearly miss out and it’s obviously goodwill on the season ticket holders part. The person who bought the resale ticket should get a refund, it’s their problem that they didn’t make a commitment for a season ticket and were very fortunate to get the opportunity last night but with the hand of god they didn’t get to see the full game, a refund for them and that should be the end of it.

It's not wrong though is it. It's only wrong if you assume a ST holder is some benevolent being and the club benefits heavily from them. All you did as a ST holder is commit to buying tickets early at a heavily discounted price, without being a ST holder with the games I can make it to the club is probably making the same amount from me as they do a ST holder, for somebody attending every game home and away who is not a ST holder they are making way more. Being like "I can't go, I'll give up my seat" is not goodwill, this is not a charity you are giving to, you're saying you can't attend a game you bought at a heavily discounted price so the club just resells the seat. That's not goodwill or anything close to it.

Honestly the sense of entitlement from ST holders is getting funny. You'd think you donated thousands to the club out your pocket and that the club owes you something. The argument here is like having a ticket to the Reading Festival and you find you can't make the date so then you sell on your ticket, then it has to be rearranged through no fault of the promoter and you're demanding they give you a new ticket for the event for free. I know you'll want to answer "But Kris2, I'd be making a profit by selling my ticket so it's not the same thing!". You decided to give that profit to the club out of your own "goodwill" as you call it, now you are demanding a free ticket for a match you no longer had a ticket for.

I'm sure you'll get your way because the new owners are just nice people who want to please the fans but don't act like you're the good guys in this situation or in the right. I know this upsets you because you love yourselves and think you are important but get over it.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rearranged ticket issue

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.