3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
August 5, 2022, 6:31am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
Clearly not everyone picks up a programme - if you’ve a family going you’ll generally not get 4 programmes between two adults and two kids. Then you have people who don’t want them anyway, like myself and I’d imagine a fair few others, regardless of how much they cost.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
Abdul19
August 5, 2022, 7:53am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
I've not bought a programme since 1990, mainly because I can't read, but if miss out on a free one I'm going to put my foot through my season ticket and send Jason Stockwood the bill.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
HatTrickHero
August 5, 2022, 8:38am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +781
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from Abdul19
I've not bought a programme since 1990, mainly because I can't read, but if miss out on a free one I'm going to put my foot through my season ticket and send Jason Stockwood the bill.

Losing the ability to read back in 1990 is the most interesting point in this thread.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
LondonMariner43
August 5, 2022, 8:53am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,979
Gold Stars: 64
I can’t believe the money being wasted here when it could be spent on a 20 goal striker.  Stockwoods and Hursts out!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
Abdul19
August 5, 2022, 8:54am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,615
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from HatTrickHero

Losing the ability to read back in 1990 is the most interesting point in this thread.

It happened in Kuwait. Or the Hacienda. I forget which.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
AussieMariner
August 5, 2022, 9:21am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 31
They were obviously faced with a quandary having given out 5600 or so vouchers.
Many voucher holders will not pick up their program from the usual vendor meaning that if they print 5600 to cover the commitment they will be left with thousands of redundant programs.
If they take a punt and just print say 2000, they risk running out and upsetting people who now can’t use their voucher.
Rock and a hard place is I think the expression.
So turning it into a PR opportunity and getting the program into as many hands as possible by handing them out at the turnstiles makes sense. It doesn’t cost any more, and may even save money as they don’t have to pay the vendors, although given the new values the club has they may pay them anyway.
Next problem to solve is estimating how many new program purchasers they have created so how many do they print for the next match over and above the normal print run? At least they will no longer have the problem of risking not being able to keep a promise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
Lost in Lincoln
August 5, 2022, 9:31am
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from HatTrickHero

Don't fret, he got it back in 2020...

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 21
diehardmariner
August 5, 2022, 12:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from AussieMariner
They were obviously faced with a quandary having given out 5600 or so vouchers.
Many voucher holders will not pick up their program from the usual vendor meaning that if they print 5600 to cover the commitment they will be left with thousands of redundant programs.
If they take a punt and just print say 2000, they risk running out and upsetting people who now can’t use their voucher.
Rock and a hard place is I think the expression.
So turning it into a PR opportunity and getting the program into as many hands as possible by handing them out at the turnstiles makes sense. It doesn’t cost any more, and may even save money as they don’t have to pay the vendors, although given the new values the club has they may pay them anyway.
Next problem to solve is estimating how many new program purchasers they have created so how many do they print for the next match over and above the normal print run? At least they will no longer have the problem of risking not being able to keep a promise.

Sort of how I read it.  They didn't anticipate selling this many season tickets when they originally came up with the content for the voucher sheet and have probably only managed to secure 6000 prints of the programme.   Hindsight is great but limiting it to only the first game was an error, one that they've had to come up with a solution to.

On a very minor level I can see why people might grumble a little.  It's a little sloppy from the club at worst.  I can't remember the last time I bothered with a programme, despite the last god knows how many years of having a voucher to get one.  But I did want one I'd perhaps feel a little disgruntled that the voucher was included as a perk, perhaps a thank you, for shelling out £300+ up front and then to see it given as a free for all.

I'm trying really hard to see the disgruntlement by the way, my overarching view is that the club are doing a great job of trolling Golly!

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
FishOutOfWater
August 5, 2022, 1:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,578
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from diehardmariner

Sort of how I read it.  They didn't anticipate selling this many season tickets when they originally came up with the content for the voucher sheet and have probably only managed to secure 6000 prints of the programme.   Hindsight is great but limiting it to only the first game was an error, one that they've had to come up with a solution to.

On a very minor level I can see why people might grumble a little.  It's a little sloppy from the club at worst.  I can't remember the last time I bothered with a programme, despite the last god knows how many years of having a voucher to get one.  But I did want one I'd perhaps feel a little disgruntled that the voucher was included as a perk, perhaps a thank you, for shelling out £300+ up front and then to see it given as a free for all.

I'm trying really hard to see the disgruntlement by the way, my overarching view is that the club are doing a great job of trolling Golly!

I bought a programme from the club shop after the Borehamwood game and as I handed over my money, said I wanted it as a memento of our last ever non-league home game ....  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 21
pizzzza
August 5, 2022, 1:36pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,721
Gold Stars: 137
As long as people aren't arseholes then 6000 should be plenty. I mean, I'll be there with my lad and one programme between us will be just fine, no need to take two.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matchday programme free for Northampton game

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.