5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
July 29, 2022, 8:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,001
Gold Stars: 362
He’ll certainly enjoy that area - it’s gorgeous. Loved my little taste of Ireland.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 41
FPVmariner
July 29, 2022, 8:50pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 23
Whatever his reasons, the very best of luck to James.  As mentioned previously and also in direct reference to him, he served the club well for an extended period of time, I thank him for that.  As James will understand, nothing is for life, particularly in football.  He’s still a young man with hopefully a long and prosperous life ahead, hopefully his earnings at Town have given him a sound platform.

On a last note, to the best of my knowledge he’s departed without acrimony, great credit for that.

All the very best James and thank you for many very memorable saves.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 41
Gilbertswand
July 29, 2022, 8:54pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +184
Gold Stars: 21
Good Luck James! UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 41
BottesfordMariner
July 29, 2022, 9:10pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Whereabouts?

Donegal is beautiful and has the best Guinness!

My mum was from near Donegal Town.She came to England when she was around 20. Others in the family went further afield. I have relatives in US Canada Australia and NZ but still.have family mainly in southern Donegal. Donegal Town, Ballintra,

She passed over 30 years ago. Her ashes are there now. Beautiful cemetery overlooking Donegal Bay.

Yes it is quite breathtaking in that part of the world. I may be biased of course.  Some beautiful beaches. If you're into surfing some world class places.

Though I was born in Grimsby ( and proud) and brought up in Cleethorpes I have always felt quite at home when I have been over.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 41
ginnywings
July 29, 2022, 9:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
We were supposed to be touring Ireland for 2 months this summer down the Wild Atlantic Way but had to cancel. We would still have been there now had we gone.

Was gutted and will get there soon I hope.

My paternal Grandad is from those parts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 41
BottesfordMariner
July 29, 2022, 9:28pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from ginnywings
We were supposed to be touring Ireland for 2 months this summer down the Wild Atlantic Way but had to cancel. We would still have been there now had we gone.

Was gutted and will get there soon I hope.

My paternal Grandad is from those parts.

Hopefully you can get to do that in the not too distant future. I am sure it will be an unforgettable experience.

I am planning my next visit next May.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 41
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 29, 2022, 9:34pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +878
Gold Stars: 123
If it suits Macca, then who are we to say if its a good move for him or not. Good luck to him, and I hope they have a Home Bargains there. He will miss that the most
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 41
lukeo
July 30, 2022, 5:17am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Lost 3-1 last night
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 41
Mayaman
July 30, 2022, 5:40am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 74
According to an Irish mate (Shamrock Rovers fan), Brexit has helped Irish footie.  In the past, any young talent would go to English academies to further their trade.  Brexit makes it harder so home grown academies have improved as a result.  The facilities are still way behind though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 41
Rick12
July 30, 2022, 8:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from FishFan101
Joined Finn Harps FC in the League of Ireland. Best of luck in the next stages of your career James  
Pleased he has got a club but must of been a big decision to take going to Ireland. Uprooting himself from Grimsby where his family is now  established and children go to school. I imagine his family would be staying in Grimsby and he would  be visiting every so often .

On another note though I can see why some players jack it in and cant be bothered with the whole professional set up lower down the leagues. Going from club to club up and down the country,living in hotels,seeing your children every now and then, long car journeys. I think there are joys to be had from living the dream as a professional lower league footballer but certainly a lot of pitfalls as well.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › James McKeown

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.