Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A couple of questions.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 278 Guests

A couple of questions.

This thread currently has 2,447 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
July 29, 2022, 10:52am
Guest User
Due to my disabilities which severely curtails my mobility and also prevents me from attending anywhere where there are large crowds, I want to continue to support GTFC financially as much as I can.  I have donated to almost all of the events that requested donations, and made other payments to the club as well.  I  am not looking for praise, I just want to ascertain that I have done my bit for GTFC and will continue to do so.

So I am asking if there is anyway I can contribute to spending money which will go to GTFC on live coverage of GTFC League matches this season or will I have to go the VPN route?  If this is the case, are there any legal issues with using a UK bank debit card in another country, like the USA to pay to watch a live stream of Town games?

If anyone can answer this for me, and advise me on how to set it up, please PM me, I would be very grateful.  Thank you.
Toppy
July 29, 2022, 11:14am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: +83
Quoted from 123614
Due to my disabilities which severely curtails my mobility and also prevents me from attending anywhere where there are large crowds, I want to continue to support GTFC financially as much as I can.  I have donated to almost all of the events that requested donations, and made other payments to the club as well.  I  am not looking for praise, I just want to ascertain that I have done my bit for GTFC and will continue to do so.

So I am asking if there is anyway I can contribute to spending money which will go to GTFC on live coverage of GTFC League matches this season or will I have to go the VPN route?  If this is the case, are there any legal issues with using a UK bank debit card in another country, like the USA to pay to watch a live stream of Town games?

If anyone can answer this for me, and advise me on how to set it up, please PM me, I would be very grateful.  Thank you.

I just signed up to MarinersTV from Denmark with payment via a UK Credit Card.
Using a VPN is more of a personal choice/moral question. I assume the EFL would frown upon this (until the rules are changed) however, I don't suppose GTFC care as long as Blundell Park is packed, as it looks like it will be  .
In my opinion, there is a strong argument to allow live coverage for fans who cannot make it to the game, whether that is because of the distance or some physical/mental obstacle or simply because the ground is full.

Fill yer boots and enjoy the season.

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
July 29, 2022, 11:47am
Guest User
Thanks everyone for your advice
Reply: 2 - 18
grimps
July 29, 2022, 11:55am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,158
Gold Stars: 46
If you can’t make the games for genuine reasons then I don’t see any moral implications for using a VPN .
Watch the games from home and enjoy the season , I’m sure the club will be grateful for your money too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
Theimperialcoroner
July 29, 2022, 3:10pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,283
Gold Stars: 103
I’d also suggest you contact the club to see if they can help you with it. This sounds like exactly the sort of thing the new regime would support.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
Lincoln Mariner 56
July 29, 2022, 5:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,773
Gold Stars: 82
Can anyone recommend a decent VPN that’s economical?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
lukeo
July 29, 2022, 6:00pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
Contact the club about the situation... For me, in your situation there should be no issue with you wanting to watch gtfc through VPN. It's extra income the club would get. I definitely cannot make it to many if any home games so im slightly tempted with VPN. If I could go to games I 100% would
I'd rather 'cheat' and give my club £10 than watch soccer Saturday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
Mariner John
July 29, 2022, 6:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +634
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Can anyone recommend a decent VPN that’s economical?

I have used expressVPN for years, wide choice of countries to link to if needed. Doesn't cost a fortune either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
GyMariner
July 29, 2022, 6:14pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +690
Gold Stars: 7

For anyone that uses IPTV, since we are not technically on ifollow this season, will we still be within the Ifollow category on IPTV services?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
jamesgtfc
July 29, 2022, 6:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Whilst morally, the reasons to use a VPN might be right, I can't see the club passing on advice to anyone regarding how to do it since using this method to get around the national blackout is technically illegal.

If fans work out how to do it themselves, then it's down to the club to decide whether or not they make access harder but they certainly won't be giving anyone a 'How To Guide' as it leaves them in a very tricky position from a legal stance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A couple of questions.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.