Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kit supply : not just gtfc!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 266 Guests

Kit supply : not just gtfc!

This thread currently has 3,362 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
grimps
July 25, 2022, 2:55pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,158
Gold Stars: 46
I was in the shop today and there seemed to be plenty of stock of kit and training kit , I never bothered looking at the sizes but I’m sure they have plenty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 29
diehardmariner
July 26, 2022, 12:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
What we need is to cut out the middle man.  Take the production of the kits in house, ideally with a really crappy logo that falls off.  Who knows, we might even be able to then sell kits to other clubs in the future!
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 29
GrimPol
July 26, 2022, 2:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from The Yard Dog
Caught the back end of the story on talksport this morning, its not just relica tops, some clubs do not have their new kits for the first teams available at the moment.

Thats the problem these days when everything is manufactured abroad. I worked for Falcon Cycles when all the bikes were manufactured in Brigg, employing two to three hundred people then a big wig had a idea to have the bikes manufactured abroad in Turkey & Vietman to save a tenner per bike, resulting in all those job losses.

I said at the time it was a bad move, ordering 6 months in adavnce, no flexability with production, quality control and delivery times. I was proved right, we had poor quality build, when the bikes did arrive, did not sell (reduced the price of bike in the end to shift them), had this happened while being made in Brigg, production was altered to meet customer demand,  A ship sink with thousands of bikes lost, disrupting the whole supply chain.  In the end cost all those people's jobs for nothing in the end.
I try not to buy anything that's made in China, but its getting harder to find alternative options.

This is worth a read    https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20180517-the-cost-of-swapping-shirts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 29
crusty ole pie
July 26, 2022, 7:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,382
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from diehardmariner
What we need is to cut out the middle man.  Take the production of the kits in house, ideally with a really crappy logo that falls off.  Who knows, we might even be able to then sell kits to other clubs in the future!

O yes whatever happened to that idea
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 29
Poojah
July 28, 2022, 12:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,878
Gold Stars: 1,523
Wimbledon lose plot as they release blue away kit to go with their blue home kit.

[img]https://www-thesun-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/bc261b7a-a446-43fe-a554-9330c9f23d45.jpg?strip=all&w=960[/img]

[img]https://www-thesun-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/ii/AW/s/www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/NINTCHDBPICT000749709301.jpg?strip=all&w=946[/img]

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
GollyGTFC
July 29, 2022, 7:25am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
The kit supply issue is mainly caused by the Chinese governments “zero COVID” policy. If there is one case of COVID a whole community has to shut down for 2 weeks. This meant that the shirt suppliers who produce in China had their production disrupted by unplanned shutdowns. And the same policy has led to shipping issues in and out of China.

Town’s kit is made in Italy.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 29
SteffiMariner
July 29, 2022, 7:42am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Ah, yes, because Italy hasn't been affected by Covid, either...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 29
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
July 29, 2022, 7:49am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Town’s kit is made in Italy.

That is almost certainly false.

It will be manufactured in China. It may be distributed from Italy ***

Most cheap ‘Italian’ off-the-peg clobber is made in Asia. The more expensive clothing is made in Italy by Chinese workers. Only low production, bespoke clothing tends to be truly ‘Made in Italy’ these days.

*** I doubt even that because aren’t UK tariffs lower than EU tariffs for Chinese made goods. Presumably Macron import Chinese manufactured kit into the UK straight from China using their new UK company.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 29
GollyGTFC
July 29, 2022, 7:51am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from SteffiMariner
Ah, yes, because Italy hasn't been affected by Covid, either...

Does the Italian government have a zero covid policy that has forced Macron to close their factories in Italy for an extended period? No.

Have Macron been effected by the disruption in shipping container transit times from Asia to Europe? No.

That was my point. Our issues are caused by us failing to anticipate demand and because Macron got a kit huge deal with UEFA to supply a whole raft of lower ranked international sides as part of UEFA’s Kit Assistance programme and prioritised that over the spring meaning clubs like us got our deliveries a couple of weeks later than normal whilst the season is starting earlier than normal. The perfect storm.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 29
aldi_01
July 29, 2022, 8:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Does the Italian government have a zero covid policy that has forced Macron to close their factories in Italy for an extended period? No.

Have Macron been effected by the disruption in shipping container transit times from Asia to Europe? No.

That was my point. Our issues are caused by us failing to anticipate demand and because Macron got a kit huge deal with UEFA to supply a whole raft of lower ranked international sides as part of UEFA’s Kit Assistance programme and prioritised that over the spring meaning clubs like us got our deliveries a couple of weeks later than normal whilst the season is starting earlier than normal. The perfect storm.

They’re Italian, coming from Italy…we should be thankful we’re getting them at all…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kit supply : not just gtfc!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.