4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
petethemariner
July 23, 2022, 11:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Lets not hold our breath on a new stadium, irrespective of our excellent new owners we would need significant imput from NE Lincs council and that  is most unlikely to happen, i had a letter printed in the Gy telegraph in 1994 asking for information on a proposed stadium and here we are 28 years later and zero has happened  (I know alot of those were Fenty years)
Its  just plain unrealistic  to expect Jason and Andrew to somehow  magically find the  £30million + needed, however much they love the club and the council seem to be putting any 'levelling up' funds  made available into the Freshney place project.
Like it or not ( and i would love to see a new stadium before i peg it) its going to have  to be a re-jig of BP for at least a decade.
Just my opinion, others may disagree.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 30
arryarryarry
July 23, 2022, 11:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,051
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from lee65
Just watching the  France v Netherlands game, and I’m very impressed by the Rotherham stadium (though I’ve not visited yet)
Modern but with a decent shape, and no gaps in the corners.

A decent model for us?

I've been there and it looks odd with the huge main stand then the stands behind the goals have their roofs stepped down to a lower level for the stand opposite the main stand.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 30
Laddy89
July 24, 2022, 12:13am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -184
Gold Stars: 6
I’ve just got back from Doncaster seeing Beautiful South and the Proclaimers … that’s the sort of thing we need.  15,000. Modern. Good facilities. Loads of parking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 30
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
July 24, 2022, 12:24am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from Laddy89
I’ve just got back from Doncaster seeing Beautiful South and the Proclaimers

What’s the ransom?

We’ll crowdfund, just give us the signal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 30
MrThirsty
July 24, 2022, 12:53am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +236
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Laddy89
I’ve just got back from Doncaster seeing Beautiful South and the Proclaimers … that’s the sort of thing we need.  15,000. Modern. Good facilities. Loads of parking.

I’ve also been to the concert tonight and thought the stadium was a bit bland but I think I’m in the minority on this. If that was what we ended up with I’d be happy enough but like other posters I’m not sure I’ll live to see it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 30
jamesgtfc
July 24, 2022, 12:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,053
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from arryarryarry

I've been there and it looks odd with the huge main stand then the stands behind the goals have their roofs stepped down to a lower level for the stand opposite the main stand.

I like the fact it's like that as it doesn't look like every other stadium. Disappointed that tonight was a sell out but only 9000 in attendance!

The seats are on a steep incline which is brilliant for kids who can still have a good view without needing to stand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 30
aldi_01
July 24, 2022, 8:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
We don’t want anything like Doncaster’s ground, not geographically anyway. It’s flipping miles from anywhere and other than industrial units, there’s intercourse all around it.

If and when we get a new ground it has to be in town, walkable, on bus routes and encourage folk to car share/walk/cycle, whatever to get to it.

Fans clamour for a stadium yet those clamouring often return from games at new stadia and complain about atmosphere…

For what it’s worth, I know folk point the finger at the council but I’m not convinced they’re an issue, never have been. If the club had a concrete plan, a vision, an actual idea with clear funding streams and so forth, the council would work alongside the club…Fenty never had any of that. It was never more than an idea on the back of a homosexual packet and it’s clear that people didn’t trust working with Fenty (he ended up getting to bed with a fraudster, they were probably right not to trust him) and it’s clear people just didn’t want to work with him or the club, I see the council as the same.

Perhaps the council were more astute than many of the fans were over those years and weren’t prepared to gamble and waste time and effort on something that would never happen…remember when Marley the girl private said the company we were planning on working with were about to deliver a huge project the following day after that fateful night? Never happened…

Remember that god awful open event at BP to promote the vision for a new ground? The one where PowerPoint slides referred to Hull City as ‘Dull city’ in an attempt to be funny and clever, an event that attracted non town fans…just made them look amateur. An event that had maps of the doomed PP site that the an fronting it all couldn’t decipher and had to be helped out to explain…

We’re not going anywhere yet, thankfully. Sit tight and enjoy the ride…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 30
GrimPol
July 24, 2022, 8:46am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from promotion plaice

A stadium with a capacity of around 12,000 would be enough for us I reckon with provision to expand if we reach the promised land.

Any more and it would ruin the atmosphere.

New York Stadium is named after a company that occupied that site for 150 years. Guest and Chrimes Foundry made the Red Fire Hydrants for New York (and other cities)
It cost (eventually) £25 million by 2012.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 30
HertsGTFC
July 24, 2022, 8:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,010
Gold Stars: 228
Apologies in advance but I saw this post and thought here we go again.............

I'm not being critical of them as I actually agree wit what they say on this topic, I love what the new owners are doing, the club is a very different place under them and it's great to be a Town supporter at the moment but I don't think we're any closer to moving then when Fenty owned the club.

For what it's worth if and when we move it should be in the Town rather than on the outskirts.      

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 30
lew chaterleys lover
July 24, 2022, 9:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,788
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from aldi_01
We don’t want anything like Doncaster’s ground, not geographically anyway. It’s flipping miles from anywhere and other than industrial units, there’s intercourse all around it.

If and when we get a new ground it has to be in town, walkable, on bus routes and encourage folk to car share/walk/cycle, whatever to get to it.

Fans clamour for a stadium yet those clamouring often return from games at new stadia and complain about atmosphere…

For what it’s worth, I know folk point the finger at the council but I’m not convinced they’re an issue, never have been. If the club had a concrete plan, a vision, an actual idea with clear funding streams and so forth, the council would work alongside the club…Fenty never had any of that. It was never more than an idea on the back of a homosexual packet and it’s clear that people didn’t trust working with Fenty (he ended up getting to bed with a fraudster, they were probably right not to trust him) and it’s clear people just didn’t want to work with him or the club, I see the council as the same.

Perhaps the council were more astute than many of the fans were over those years and weren’t prepared to gamble and waste time and effort on something that would never happen…remember when Marley the girl private said the company we were planning on working with were about to deliver a huge project the following day after that fateful night? Never happened…

Remember that god awful open event at BP to promote the vision for a new ground? The one where PowerPoint slides referred to Hull City as ‘Dull city’ in an attempt to be funny and clever, an event that attracted non town fans…just made them look amateur. An event that had maps of the doomed PP site that the an fronting it all couldn’t decipher and had to be helped out to explain…

We’re not going anywhere yet, thankfully. Sit tight and enjoy the ride…

Good points. I was speaking to a Land agent who attended one of many new stadium meetings with various officials and he said they laughed at Fenty, as basically his plan extended to pointing at a map and asking for a new stadium to be put on the spot marked 'x' and that was it.

No plan as to how to get there; no idea how to raise the money for the stadium itself or surrounding infrastructure. No wonder the council would not get into a situation where they could be left in a very difficult position.

If we ever decide to move one imagines the planning for it would be very different and they would get all their ducks in a row so to speak.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Stadium designs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.