It Bites
July 21, 2022, 7:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,216
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Like I said earlier I was a founder member of the Fenty is a **** club. A couple of my posts on here resulted in very angry, late night replies from getyourfactsright.

I doubt Fenty has whatsapp. He’s probably still using his Nokia 3310 as it’s still working.

Hello Mrs F
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 58
forza ivano
July 21, 2022, 8:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,285
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Can I politely point out to everyone on here that you can’t all moan endlessly for nearly 2 decades about Fenty and all the things wrong with the club and then try and ban perceived criticism of things the new regime haven’t got right.

Good culture and transparency aren’t just words. They have to be demonstrated in action too. People shouldn’t be put off from airing negative and well as positive feedback.

Actually it should be encouraged. The club won’t grow without being told the things they are getting wrong. The club won’t improve by only being told the things they are doing well.

and can i politely point out that if you'd care to email the appropriate people with your 'concerns', then you might get a prompt, civilised, constructive reply, with the likelihood that there will be some positive action as a result?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 58
jamesgtfc
July 21, 2022, 10:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,050
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from forza ivano

and can i politely point out that if you'd care to email the appropriate people with your 'concerns', then you might get a prompt, civilised, constructive reply, with the likelihood that there will be some positive action as a result?

I asked Golly if he did this last week when he was wittering about the shirts but he didn't reply. Debbie has now explained that the shirt order was placed back in February when, lets face it, promotion was unthinkable. If they ordered 5000 shirts and we sold 1500, how long would it take to shift the other 3500?

The club did have a foresight to order more, we usually order 500. The fact people are moaning about shirts selling out is a positive surely?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 58
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 22, 2022, 1:31am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +876
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from RichMariner
The owners have also said many times they want to hear from the fans.

If we have an issue, they want to hear it

But how?

If they had an email address specifically for fans to offer suggestions then it may be possible to suggest ideas or mention problems.

Most members of staff don't reply to questions on Twitter. Only one person is in charge of putting things on social media so a lot of tweets or messages don't get to the person they are intended for.

If they want more interaction with the supporters, give them an outlet available to everyone.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 58
DB
July 22, 2022, 5:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,056
Gold Stars: 391

But how?

If they had an email address specifically for fans to offer suggestions then it may be possible to suggest ideas or mention problems.

Most members of staff don't reply to questions on Twitter. Only one person is in charge of putting things on social media so a lot of tweets or messages don't get to the person they are intended for.

If they want more interaction with the supporters, give them an outlet available to everyone.

Join the Mariners Trust. Ask them the question and wait for the answer. I've done this and it works. The answer may not be immediate but you do get an answer and as the Trust has 2 board members they are in a position to get answers from the relevant people at the club.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 58
lukeo
July 22, 2022, 5:42am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,418
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Have a day off. You should have seen what I posted about Fenty. I was calling him out before it was cool and trendy to do so. I simply state things I am disappointed with and don’t accept that after 14 months the new regime should be given special allowance because they are “new”.

Glass half empty?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 58
MuddyWaters
July 22, 2022, 6:25am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Can I politely point out to everyone on here that you can’t all moan endlessly for nearly 2 decades about Fenty and all the things wrong with the club and then try and ban perceived criticism of things the new regime haven’t got right.

Good culture and transparency aren’t just words. They have to be demonstrated in action too. People shouldn’t be put off from airing negative and well as positive feedback.

Actually it should be encouraged. The club won’t grow without being told the things they are getting wrong. The club won’t improve by only being told the things they are doing well.

Very true. In fact, negative feedback is often the best motivation for reviewing what you do.

There’s a difference between constructive criticism and shouting your mouth off and I’m sure the board are experienced enough to accept that they don’t get everything right.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 58
pen penfras
July 22, 2022, 8:42am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from GollyGTFC

The people who were most critical and say "I knew it and we should have been calling out the mistakes from day 1" are the same people that refuse to criticise anything now. I understand the shirt supply issue, but the website is awful. I was going to buy some stuff for my baby's birthday, but the shop was full of dead links so I gave up and won't bother again.

I have to get club news from here because I refuse to do the stalker's male masturbation palace social media
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 58
MuddyWaters
July 22, 2022, 9:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from pen penfras

The people who were most critical and say "I knew it and we should have been calling out the mistakes from day 1" are the same people that refuse to criticise anything now. I understand the shirt supply issue, but the website is awful. I was going to buy some stuff for my baby's birthday, but the shop was full of dead links so I gave up and won't bother again.

I have to get club news from here because I refuse to do the stalker's male masturbation palace social media

The first bit is a load of rubbish and you know it.

I was one of the Fishy five who used to get the PMs and invites to meetings and, by the same token, am fine with questioning what goes on now. Nothing’s perfect, never is, but it’s a million miles from where we were 15 months ago.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 58
pen penfras
July 22, 2022, 9:57am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -131
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The first bit is a load of rubbish and you know it.

I was one of the Fishy five who used to get the PMs and invites to meetings and, by the same token, am fine with questioning what goes on now. Nothing’s perfect, never is, but it’s a million miles from where we were 15 months ago.

I'm not talking about you, you've been pretty consistent in criticising things that deserve it. There's plenty of others that fit what I said though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › www.gtfc.co.uk

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.