10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
horsforthmariner
July 28, 2022, 10:17am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,638
Gold Stars: 9
This is a shame. I really hope he can come back and do well (although preferably not on Boxing Day).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 96
Jarmo.Is.God
July 28, 2022, 10:23am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Feel really really bad for Max, and hope Harrogate have got things in place for him.
His mental state must be well and truly shot.

Such a talented player on his day, and easily could of played higher than this if he didn't suffer the way he does.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 96
RonMariner
July 28, 2022, 10:30am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,865
Gold Stars: 231
Very sad news.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 96
Poojah
July 28, 2022, 10:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,902
Gold Stars: 1,527
It never rains, it pours. Poor bloke. Kind words from the Harrogate gaffer, to be fair.

"Max is going to be out for a few months due to a problem with his ankle that he sustained in a collision during our game against Barnsley," Weaver told the Harrogate Advertiser.

"It's a new injury. He's had a scan which has revealed the extent of the issue. It's so unlucky for the lad and a real blow for both him and for us.

"He has been a real breath of fresh air since he came in here and we feel for him. But we will look after him, we'll take care of him and get him back out there as soon as we can."

"I could talk about the situation from the team's perspective because obviously we want Max to be able to play, but actually what I'm really concerned about at this stage is the lad himself.

"He has had a few injuries, so it would be easy for him to start feeling sorry for himself, but mentally I know he is so strong and he won't let this setback get on top of him.

"That can happen to players who have a tough time with injuries, particularly younger lads, however I know how determined Max is to succeed and we are just looking forward to having him back."

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 96
Mikey_345
July 28, 2022, 10:38am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,583
Gold Stars: 113
Got to feel for the lad, he's got to be due some luck by now.

A small crumb of comfort is at least it didn't happen in one of the other pre season trial games he played. At least he's sorted contract wise and that will take some pressure off him.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 96
immariner
July 28, 2022, 10:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Never known anything like it. Could just be disastrously bad luck or perhaps he should be studied by physiologists to try and figure out what it is about him that means he can't stand the rigours of professional football. Feel incredibly sorry for the lad because he has talent
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 96
grimps
July 28, 2022, 12:10pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,174
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Civvy at last

Unfortunately I wouldn’t say ‘all’. There’s at least one poster on here that never seems to have anything good to say about ‘local lads.  In fact mostly the opposite !!  But from my point of view, it’s frustrating because I do believe a fit Max is good enough for this level. I also believe that PH made the right decision in letting him go. And of course, it’s always good (imo) to see local lads come good. Even if it isn’t with GTFC.
UTM

For as long as I’ve supported Town there’s been people slagging off local players that have made the first team.
Usually saying “ so and so was miles better than him and didn’t make it , I was better than him but got injured , I never got on with the gaffer , he was an bottom kisser “ ect ect

I once read Kev Keegans autobiography and in it he states that everywhere he goes he gets people coming up to him saying that they could have made it .
He states that to make it you need the talent and the attitude and most of those that don’t make it are lacking one or the other
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 96
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Max Wright

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.