Private Message
DB
July 19, 2022, 7:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,055
Gold Stars: 391
I  have just listened to it. To summarise over £100k spent at BP plus more at the academy and Cheapside grounds. Work is still being done on the new training ground and a no commitment as to when it will start. We're staying at BP unless we sell out every game, but it could change.

As far as the new shirts go they were ordered in February and doubled the previous order to 1,000 shirts. Nobody knew at that time, given our league position, that we would be promoted with 5,600 season tickets sold. 1,200 seats are allocated for away fans (various reasons ) and the club is talking to the Trust to sort out how best to allocate away tickets for our fans.

The team travel to Tenerife on Friday with no local games planned, 22 players, 11 playing against 11 ( her words).

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 76
Limerick Mariner
July 19, 2022, 7:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,751
Gold Stars: 138
Some headlines -
Circa £200k spent on painting, pitches, pissers
Away allocation at BP 1,200 max - using the structural segregation of stand (makes absolute sense to me)
Loyalty scheme for our away trips being looked at with the Trust.

The mantra that we are not filling Blundell Park keeps being repeated - which I find a bit strange; we are not filling it to the nominal capacity, but no game since all-seater conversion has ever got within 600 that nominal capacity - its clearly not the useable capacity (perhaps Matt Dean needs to use that line in the questions). 3 games last year in the 5th tier were home sellouts and many were close to that. What I found interesting was maybe there was a hint from Debbie that redevelopment of BP might actually be a serious option - the ground has "soul" implying that others (new ones) are soulless (which we already know). Maybe I'm reading too much into that, but maybe not...?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 76
forza ivano
July 19, 2022, 8:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,286
Gold Stars: 266
really good interview
new fan survey coming out, to check their progress with fans
dealt with the shirt issue.
New commercial manager appointed Jo Taylor - another local female appointed to a top job
Pretty firm commitment to making the Osmond corner a home fan family enclosure, with the rest of the Osmond (1200) given to away fans. That means 600 extra seats, which surprises me, as i didn't think it was that big

Think it's prett safe to assume from what she said that Fenty had basically spent naff all and the ground has been allowed to dilapidate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 76
Madeleymariner
July 19, 2022, 8:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,063
Gold Stars: 51
Just the place to put the family stand right next to the away fans  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 76
ska face
July 19, 2022, 8:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,812
Gold Stars: 852
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Just the place to put the family stand right next to the away fans  

Wasn’t it half full of families most of last season, and isn’t the Osmond end of the Main currently the family section?
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 76
Simon
July 20, 2022, 9:00am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
In the list of improvements to BP Debbie didn't mention the dilapidated PA system, please tell me this has been done as its currently not fit for purpose

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 76
aldi_01
July 20, 2022, 9:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Simon
In the list of improvements to BP Debbie didn't mention the dilapidated PA system, please tell me this has been done as its currently not fit for purpose

They’ve talked about this since they took over, it’s an ongoing issue that is continually explored. I think the issue was the outrageous costs to adapt and improve it…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 76
diehardmariner
July 20, 2022, 11:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,719
Gold Stars: 543
It's never been great but the PA system seemed at it's worst last night.  Just a muffled noise.

Interesting stuff about the away capacity and reclaiming of the corner for Town fans.  I agree that not filling BP shouldn't be seen as a lack of intent from the fanbase.  There's a large proportion of the ground that just isn't going to get filled on a regular basis simply because the views are so poor, rather than an increase in numbers from the 600 in the Main/Osmond corner I'd see it as replacing those type seats.  

Hoping there's more to come in terms of increasing the overall capacity but great to see the club are putting stuff in place now.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 76
Swansea_Mariner
July 20, 2022, 11:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,476
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from diehardmariner

Interesting stuff about the away capacity and reclaiming of the corner for Town fans.  I agree that not filling BP shouldn't be seen as a lack of intent from the fanbase.  There's a large proportion of the ground that just isn't going to get filled on a regular basis simply because the views are so poor, rather than an increase in numbers from the 600 in the Main/Osmond corner I'd see it as replacing those type  

I'd like to see at least some acknowledgment that restricted views and the stadium facilities itself can be somewhat off putting in maximising attendance but that doesn't seem to fit the current narrative being spun.

If the bar to moving is us achieving 9k gates at Blundell park then that simply isn't physically possible, nomatter how many time they say we have 9k capacity (or even more seats in some interviews)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 76
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Debbie Cook interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.