Lost in Lincoln
July 25, 2022, 8:49pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Are there any left?  Need another for a mate's nephew.

TIA

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 170 - 184
aldi_01
July 25, 2022, 8:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln
Are there any left?  Need another for a mate's nephew.

TIA

Got two, happy to split them, DM me dude…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 184
Happy_Mariner
July 25, 2022, 8:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +69
I had that issue with the phones last week. Wanted to move my season tickets and called for over two hours and got no answer or that error message. Lots of great stuff with the club but as an exile it’s frustrating not to be able to get through. When I finally got an answer the phone signal went and the call cut out. 🤬 I didn’t get to move my seats.

Quoted from Eastendmariner
The away end is NOT sold out. I just called and bought a further two tickets without any issue. You can now buy as many as you need. I've got no idea how many are left, though.

Nice one Tanga

Right I've been ringing on and off since last weds to get my original Purchase posted out to me I've rang 23 times to pay the £2.50  I tried 8  times today 3 ended in error 2 to the club shop  3 to commercial ext No answer Arrived home in East London  I live 15 mins from the game on sat.
Managed to get through at 16-45 paid the postage and was informed  3-5 working days for delivery   TBH, not good enough really. We need options to solve  basic problems with the sale away tickets. ie alternative phone ext  and no answer when ringing the club ?  Frustrating

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 184
Davec
July 26, 2022, 7:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I'm sure we all appreciate that it is never possible to answer every single phone call what comes in, especially if you are dealing with customers in person and the phone starts ringing, you can't just then tell that customer to wait a minute whilst you run off to answer the phone.

What could be implemented though if not already in place is a VM/answer machine facility which obviously allows callers to leave their name number and message, they can they be called back to sort out the query.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 184
codcheeky
July 26, 2022, 8:37am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,263
Gold Stars: 31
The whole communication in regards to ticketing has been pretty poor by the club, there have been few if any updates, the online buying option for non season ticket holders has been sketchy to say the least and the confusion whether or not tickets were still available for many of us exiles has been pretty needless. Having to ring up numerous times in these days of technological advancement because the website shows no availability but the rumour mill says there are still tickets is crazy. Apparently there may be tickets left this morning although it’s been reported on this thread that they were already sold out on a few occasions(I know this is nothing to do with the club but again a little communication goes a long way).
This was a fixture we have been able to plan for for a few weeks. Are we going to have this for every away game or is there a plan to improve this?
We seem to have adopted a system which is the worst of all worlds, a strange hybrid that is neither an online system nor a phone system with no clue which option would be available at any given time.
Should I be writing this to the club?  Perhaps but they must know that they are making a pig’s ear out of this.
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 184
Son of Cod
July 26, 2022, 9:13am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Yeah, it's not just during busy times too. I had a problem with my Wealdstone tickets last season and trying to get through was a complete joke. I feel the pain of the person above who had to call 23 times because that's what it's like every time I try to call. They can't be relied on to pick up. I get that they might be busy at times but that's no excuse for the phone system being perpetually unmanned and not having a answer machine.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 184
jamesgtfc
July 26, 2022, 9:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Son of Cod
Yeah, it's not just during busy times too. I had a problem with my Wealdstone tickets last season and trying to get through was a complete joke. I feel the pain of the person above who had to call 23 times because that's what it's like every time I try to call. They can't be relied on to pick up. I get that they might be busy at times but that's no excuse for the phone system being perpetually unmanned and not having a answer machine.

I get that they are busy and doing a fantastic job but getting through is a problem. I bought my kids a town top each before the play-off final and paid for delivery as I was working. I got my parcel, opened it up and 1 shirt was missing! I was on hold for 1 hour before it disconnected and only got through by ringing the ticket office. We are doing our bit as fans buying shirts, tickets and whatever else we can get our hands on in the club shop but I can't help but think some more staff would be welcomed by everyone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 184
aldi_01
July 26, 2022, 11:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I get that they are busy and doing a fantastic job but getting through is a problem. I bought my kids a town top each before the play-off final and paid for delivery as I was working. I got my parcel, opened it up and 1 shirt was missing! I was on hold for 1 hour before it disconnected and only got through by ringing the ticket office. We are doing our bit as fans buying shirts, tickets and whatever else we can get our hands on in the club shop but I can't help but think some more staff would be welcomed by everyone.

I guess the issue (aside from those bloody Perspex screens) is they’re still getting g used to operating like a real club, a professional outfit. I know we’re a year on but it takes time and a mentality shift. I’d argue that this summer has been unprecedented in the demand and interest so couple that with old pts gives that need eradicating and it gets a tad messy.

There’s another survey coming out, they listened last time…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 184
bradzmilne
July 26, 2022, 1:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,433
Gold Stars: 30
Sold out.

UTM

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 184
Posh Harry
July 26, 2022, 1:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,376
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from bradzmilne
Sold out.

UTM

Blimey, that’s about the 4th time isn’t it!!

Hope orient are ready for 5000 town fans on Saturday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 184
19 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Orient tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.