Ruston AT
July 14, 2022, 10:52am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +426
Gold Stars: 10

Morning Fishies,

I have brought these points up before early last season so maybe someone has any idea if any progress has been made.

1.   The PA system, apparently the cost was very prohibitive so other avenues were being pursued, have we gone down the cul-de-sac. LoL

2.  The handicap supporters protection from the weather, a design was muted all seems to be v quiet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
A.l.f.
July 14, 2022, 10:56am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
Both are in hand i believe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
Limerick Mariner
July 14, 2022, 10:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
Safe standing also being looked at - it's in the Trust minutes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
mimma
July 14, 2022, 10:59am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,580
Gold Stars: 78
You could email the club and ask them directly.  They are very good at answering questions
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
Ruston AT
July 14, 2022, 11:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +426
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Ruston AT

Morning Fishies,

I have brought these points up before early last season so maybe someone has any idea if any progress has been made.

1.   The PA system, apparently the cost was very prohibitive so other avenues were being pursued, have we gone down the cul-de-sac. LoL

2.  The handicap supporters protection from the weather, a design was muted all seems to be v quiet.

Thanks Guys Ive just read the trust minutes and Number 2 is happening
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
diehardmariner
July 14, 2022, 11:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
Another interesting point in the Trust minutes is in relation to safe standing.  Trust have asked the club to confirm to fans that it's being looked at but lots of work to do just to see if it's a viable option in relation to increasing ground capacity.

If it's an increase in capacity then I can only think it's going to happen in the open corners.  Safe standing won't increase capacity if you do it on a like-for-like basis, for example a block in the Pontoon.  You can only put the same amount of standing capacity as you can seating.  

Hindsight is amazing but it's such a bloody shame we knocked down the terraces that we used to have in the corners.  It was 6 years after we knocked them down that we put temporary seating in those corners.  Wouldn't it have been simpler to just put seats on those concrete terraces in the first place?
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
FPVmariner
July 14, 2022, 12:19pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 23
Imperial corner was my favourite place to watch from.  Started off as a 5 year old having to stand on a ‘pop’ crate that my father used to carry to every game.  Happy days.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
GollyGTFC
July 14, 2022, 12:22pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,066
Gold Stars: 359
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Safe standing also being looked at - it's in the Trust minutes

Bit of a waste of the Trust’s time isn’t it? It’s only been made legal, by licence, in the Premier League & Championship.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 12
jamesgtfc
July 14, 2022, 12:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Bit of a waste of the Trust’s time isn’t it? It’s only been made legal, by licence, in the Premier League & Championship.

Fans are asking the question. They represent the fans so are asking further questions. If you don't ask, you don't get. The Trust are exactly the kind of organisation to lobby on our behalf for something like this so I don't think it's a waste of their time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
Sandford1981
July 14, 2022, 12:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from FPVmariner
Imperial corner was my favourite place to watch from.  Started off as a 5 year old having to stand on a ‘pop’ crate that my father used to carry to every game.  Happy days.

The imperial was where I was introduced to town and my Dad used a crate in the same way for me… god it’s dusty in here-got something in my eye!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GROUND IMPROVEMENTS

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.