Son of Cod
July 14, 2022, 9:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Agree - I was thinking Barrow as a buy. Waters is a good signing there.
What about Newport as a sell, on the basis that OB will through his toys out again and they've lost a 25 goal striker to Crawley?

They lost his strike partner to Crewe too who was supposed to be the one who was really good last season too. However, I'd be wary of betting against Newport just because they always seem to pull a couple of gems out of nowhere and seem to be in the League 2 playoff hunt regularly these days.

FGR and Exeter could be shouts in League 1 maybe?

Quoted from male private Nale

Just be mindful, that £10 a point not a £10 bet... you win or lose £10 for every point either side of their total. So they finish 15 points ahead of their prediction you win £150, though finish 15 points below your prediction and you owe SI £150.

Oh right, glad you told me that! So that site will invoice you if you lose or something then? You must have agree to something when placing the bet or signing up for your account then I'm assuming?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
Limerick Mariner
July 14, 2022, 9:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
You need to make a deposit or apply for a credit account. In the early days they were doling out credit accounts like sweets and I got one and have kept it ever since. Also they thought I was high roller in the early days, I lost £1200 on the 97 election on my account - buying Tory seats. Except it wasn't my money, someone asked me to do the trade for them - so SI thought I was a really big player, on the back of that they invited me to some corporate hospitality. Ever since all my trades of been mainly a fiver a point here and there - max I've ever done is a tenner a point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
ivanosandwich
July 15, 2022, 3:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 17
Myself and thevera used to do this some time ago, when Liam Hearn was banging in the goals for us.

He was usually something like Buy at 35 in the Goal Minutes category. So as has been said, that means if he scores nothing then his goal minutes are zero and I lose 35 times my stake. But if he scores in the 10th and 30th minutes, his goal minutes are 40 and I win 5 times my stake.

One home game, can't remember which, we had bought him at 35ish and he scored 4 goals. One was early but the others were in the 60, 70 and 80th minutes. Those three alone added up to 210 minutes, we were quids in that game.

On another occasion, I was watching a live game at home, Chelsea against Palace. The ball was squared to Jason Puncheon in acres of space and he rolled the ball past the keeper to score. As I looked at the PC screen, all the bets were still "active". Normally they show as suspended when there is a good chance, penalty, free kick etc.

I waited until it refreshed to "suspended" and found it was a good five seconds before that happened. I realised that if I was quick I could get a bet on before the site was suspended but also after I had seen the ball go in.

Anyway, I did this a few weeks later and won £500. The bet was paid but I did get an email from them saying they had detected irregular betting patterns. I did nothing wrong, was just too quick for them.

Every bet I placed after that was no longer instant, the wheel of death circled with a message, "we are referring this bet to one of our traders".

I am not sure if they have put this delay in place just for me or sitewide but until then, the bets were instant.

Word of warning if you're thinking of doing this, don't put your life savings on, just in case it's ruled out, offside, VAR etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
Poojah
July 15, 2022, 4:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,876
Gold Stars: 1,523
Quoted from male private Nale

Just be mindful, that £10 a point not a £10 bet... you win or lose £10 for every point either side of their total. So they finish 15 points ahead of their prediction you win £150, though finish 15 points below your prediction and you owe SI £150.

Funnily enough, Sporting Index used to be a client of mine for many years and they used to tell us some absolute horror stories of spread bets gone wrong. The Brian Lara 400 Test innings was a particular gem.

Not for the casual dabbler, spread betting.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
Limerick Mariner
July 15, 2022, 4:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,744
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Poojah

Funnily enough, Sporting Index used to be a client of mine for many years and they used to tell us some absolute horror stories of spread bets gone wrong. The Brian Lara 400 Test innings was a particular gem.

Not for the casual dabbler, spread betting.

I expect Jonny Bairstow has created some windfall profits and disastrous losses recently…
My biggest win was a series runs position on Alistair Cook, biggest loss was a cricket position as well -  can’t remember who but it was sell on series runs. I steer clear of the short term markets like individual innings. Or the Hearn type bet above. Season points is great - good but fun and losses never catastrophic. Scunny last season was very sweet even though I was losing money on Swindon at the same time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Points Spreads

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.