Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Player?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 262 Guests

New Player?

This thread currently has 21,419 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Surrey97
July 14, 2022, 11:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +835
Gold Stars: 20
Shrimpton is 100% not signing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 88
Mighty_Mariner
July 15, 2022, 1:15am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,244
Gold Stars: 10
If true, and signs certainly point that way then the signing of Green will be, potentially excellent! Admittedly my knowledge of Green is limited to a couple of games against Town and TV matches but he stood out as both a leader and top player each time. He’s a great age too (despite him looking like his paper round was in Helmand) and was a key part of what made Halifax so good last season!

We know Hursty likes a solid defence and I love that he’s looked at easily the best side defensively in the league last season and gone after two of the key components. The fact Maher and Green will already have a good knowledge of each other and relationship makes the signing that much more valuable!

Don’t know too much about Morris but he’s a name that is familiar.

I get the frustration of fans, signing new players is arguably the most exciting part of being a fan but if Hursty has proved anything over his career it’s that he excels in the transfer market and we should trust him wholly to bring in the right players at the right time and not rush into a deal for numbers sake. It would be difficult to quantify as as the subject of what makes a player good or successful is very subjective but I’d hazard a guess that Hursty’s ‘success rate’ of transfers that have been ‘successful’ is well up there, maybe 3/10 in favour of successes!

I’m frustrated but equally content and confident in Hursty and Doig and the work they will be doing to make sure we get players in who will fight tooth and nail, add quality and represent the club the right way to push us on.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 88
Son of Cod
July 15, 2022, 9:44am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
A Scunny fan on another forum has said that Shrimpton isn't that good anyway. Said if we were to try and poach anyone it should be Dan Gallimore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 88
Hagrid
July 15, 2022, 9:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,517
Gold Stars: 544
Quoted from Son of Cod
A Scunny fan on another forum has said that Shrimpton isn't that good anyway. Said if we were to try and poach anyone it should be Dan Gallimore.

wonder if he drinks like his dad
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 88
Youngy
July 15, 2022, 10:41am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Son of Cod

He was stood behind us at the Clee game last week with his mates.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 88
Son of Cod
July 15, 2022, 11:17am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Youngy

He was stood behind us at the Clee game last week with his mates.

Would love to know how he slipped through the net. Born in Grimsby to a bit of a club legend, it doesn't get much more "one of our own" than that. I wonder if it was just a case of Scunny being better than us at the time he joined them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 88
Maringer
July 15, 2022, 11:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,680
Gold Stars: 189
No idea if Gallimore Jr is good enough to consider in the future, but the reason he'd end up at Scunny is pretty obvious. Wiki says he joined their Youth Academy in 2011 when they were in the Championship (though relegated that season) and we were three divisions lower!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 88
jamesgtfc
July 15, 2022, 11:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Son of Cod

Would love to know how he slipped through the net. Born in Grimsby to a bit of a club legend, it doesn't get much more "one of our own" than that. I wonder if it was just a case of Scunny being better than us at the time he joined them.

I'm guessing Tony was fully aware of what was going on under you know who with the insulting offers to McDermott etc. The youth team wasn't doing brilliant when Woods left which would probably have been the time Gallimore Jr was joining an academy.

The Scunny system has served him well, he's got first team experience but he needs to be careful that he doesn't sink with the ship.

Gallimore would be a good signing but I do find it weird that he's right footed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 88
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 15, 2022, 11:53am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +877
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Gallimore would be a good signing but I do find it weird that he's right footed.

I know. Can you just imagine if he had caught that left-footed disease from his Dad, the boot could have been on the other foot!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 88
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
July 15, 2022, 12:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556

I know. Can you just imagine if he had caught that left-footed disease from his Dad, the boot could have been on the other foot!!

If it’s true, and Dan Gallimore is a righty, that’s disgusting. So, so wrong. 😁

Where was he conceived, the Southern Hemisphere?

Oh no. That’s ruined my day, my weekend, probably my season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Player?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.