5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Rick12
July 13, 2022, 7:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
I feel GrimRob should get rid of the cumulative like /dislike counter. At times this forum is starting to feel like gangs eg your the left side of politics and your the right side of politics eg your my friend or your not my friend and Iam going to give you a like or dislike more or less based on that as opposed to what you really post.  I know there is a button that you can turn this feature off but it's still a major flaw with this forum.

I doubt Robb will change it but I feel it seriously undermines this forum big style. I sense this forum for some is a lifeline eg acts as form of community . I know Facebook and Instagram have followed suit as well eg giving you the option to hide the like/ dislike button over concerns on people's well being.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
ska face
July 13, 2022, 8:05am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
Member Centre > Board Settings > Don’t show reputation or approval > Save
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 44
Rick12
July 13, 2022, 8:11am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Member Centre > Board Settings > Don’t show reputation or approval > Save

I knew that Ska but overall as noted still feel Robb should take the cumulative like/ dislike counter off. Overall it's a good forum with some good debate but like life things can always be improved.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 44
Sandford1981
July 13, 2022, 8:26am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
I know it’s human nature but people never bellyache demanding to know reasons why, when they’re getting ‘likes’. So I would apply the same logic to red crosses too.  If you don’t like approval or more accurately disproval then switch the function off.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 44
diehardmariner
July 13, 2022, 8:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,716
Gold Stars: 543
Quoted from Rick12

I knew that Ska but overall as noted still feel Robb should take the cumulative like/ dislike counter off. Overall it's a good forum with some good debate but like life things can always be improved.

But if you take it off then it isn't there for you to see.  
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 44
Rick12
July 13, 2022, 8:46am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Sandford1981
I know it’s human nature but people never bellyache demanding to know reasons why, when they’re getting ‘likes’. So I would apply the same logic to red crosses too.  If you don’t like approval or more accurately disproval then switch the function off.
Appreciate the comment Sandford but  still genuinely feel if Robb took the cumulative like/ dislike button off regardless if you can turn it off or on this forum would be so much better .

There's some good people on here and even the ones I don't always agree with I still share something common with and that is a interest in Grimsby Town football club. And then there is that saying as well which is golden eg you can only judge someone unless you have been in their shoes. Hence there's reasons for why people are the way they are.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 44
ska face
July 13, 2022, 8:50am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,811
Gold Stars: 852
Sometimes it’s easier for people to leave a red cross than write a lengthy tome arguing about some of the objectionable guff you post, so maybe leaving it as it is would save people having to trawl through the alternative.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 44
Rick12
July 13, 2022, 8:55am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Sometimes it’s easier for people to leave a red cross than write a lengthy tome arguing about some of the objectionable guff you post, so maybe leaving it as it is would save people having to trawl through the alternative.
Fair comment Ska face  but that can be applied to anyone. Hence you can pick holes by and large with whatever someone posts. As human beings we are all flawed to one degree or other .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 44
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
July 13, 2022, 8:55am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 556
Quoted from Rick12
Appreciate the comment Sandford but  still genuinely feel if Robb took the cumulative like/ dislike button off regardless if you can turn it off or on this forum would be so much better .

There's some good people on here and even the ones I don't always agree with I still share something common with and that is a interest in Grimsby Town football club. And then there is that saying as well which is golden eg you can only judge someone unless you have been in their shoes. Hence there's reasons for why people are the way they are.

I think some posters are a little on edge at present about the lack of centre midfielders so I wouldn’t take it personally. It’s nothing to worry about though as we will sign someone - be it loan or perm.

I had a minor meltdown on the non-football forum the other day and I can sense that Humbercod is very upset about missing out on Dom Telford.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 44
Rick12
July 13, 2022, 9:06am
Vodka Drinker

I think some posters are a little on edge at present about the lack of centre midfielders so I wouldn’t take it personally. It’s nothing to worry about though as we will sign someone - be it loan or perm.

I had a minor meltdown on the non-football forum the other day and I can sense that Humbercod is very upset about missing out on Dom Telford.

😁🙂. As noted I am no leftist or right winger but have tended to always like your style Knut's.  God bless you my friend.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 44
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Improvements to the fishy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.